Y's Yohji Yamamoto Uomo A/W 05-06

nqth--thx :flower: for the new pics. I :heart: both coloured jkts and the one with the pockets!

A good collection with the coats and blazers being the strongest part.

One of the best I’ve seen so far this year!

Ohh I love this...very nice! Wonderfull coats...

so good...understated...quiet elegance in a relaxed way..
i also like the red jkt...and the grey with the pouch pkts...

kLm said:
Sigh... I hate to have to post this, but can someone tell me what the difference is between Y's for Men, and Yohji Pour Homme, if any? I'm slightly embarassed because I have a number of things from Yohji Pour Homme, and I'm not familiar with Y's... is it shorthand for Yohji Pour Homme, or a different line? Because it doesn't really look like the sort of stuff that I have..

Like Space said, Y's is a diffusion (supposingly cheaper, but I'll believe it when I'll see it) line. Kind of like D&G and Dolce & Gabbana (forgive me for a horrible example). The reason you are not familiar with Y's is because it's never been introduced in the US. Charivari in NYC had one unsuccsefful attempt, and that's about it. At this point Y's is slowly making its way into the US. The Yohji boutique in Soho and Barneys on Madison carry the line, not sure about who else.

faust said:
Like Space said, Y's is a diffusion (supposingly cheaper, but I'll believe it when I'll see it) line. Kind of like D&G and Dolce & Gabbana (forgive me for a horrible example). The reason you are not familiar with Y's is because it's never been introduced in the US. Charivari in NYC had one unsuccsefful attempt, and that's about it. At this point Y's is slowly making its way into the US. The Yohji boutique in Soho and Barneys on Madison carry the line, not sure about who else.

I think that originally Y's was YY's main, and only, line, and still I think he adopts the position that it's not a diffusion line as such, but that it's simply less directional than his "mainline" catwalk collections. This partly explains why it's not that much cheaper, if at all. My yohji jeans that I got (at 70% off I hasten to add) from from the Y's line and were £370!

Johnny said:
I think that originally Y's was YY's main, and only, line, and still I think he adopts the position that it's not a diffusion line as such, but that it's simply less directional than his "mainline" catwalk collections. This partly explains why it's not that much cheaper, if at all. My yohji jeans that I got (at 70% off I hasten to add) from from the Y's line and were £370!

:shock: DAMN!!!

:lol:

It's a him..:flower:

I love this. It's been just a short while since I started liking his work, and from then on I've loved everything he's done. He is true creative genius. This collection does not represent the most elaborate fashion, but it's very minimal and simple for the most part and that's what I love about it.

Thx, Runner and Ngth.

i think that y's for women is briliant/so so elegant/drool worthy, but every time i look at the mens lines it is always so large in sizing and not nearly as interesting....which is a real shame.

also, someone said that it was like dior homme but oversized....HUH?!?

like, a high-end "Yankee" style with a mixture of yakuza attitude. brilliant!

lm6h5980m9925.jpg

lm6h5982m9923.jpg

lm6h6012m9917.jpg

pittimmagine.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"