Yves Saint Laurent F/W 08.09 : Naomi Campbell by Inez & Vinoodh

thank you, means a lot
I honestly can't wait for the Manifesto. Did anyone get last seaons Manifesto?

[EDIT] The ad posted on the previous page in the subway is amazing too
thanks for posting

Last edited by a moderator:

EXTRA EXTRA: This is not a typo: Yves Saint Laurent will be handing out thousands of free bags come Sept. 6. The limited edition cotton totes, designed by Stefano Pilati, are the latest wrinkle in the French house’s ongoing “Manifesto” program, in which newspaper-style catalogues are handed out to women on the streets of key fashion cities. More than half a million copies of the catalogue will be distributed in Paris, New York, London, Milan, Tokyo and Hong Kong, with 5,000 in each city tucked into the black or white totes. Emphasizing YSL’s ready-to-wear, this season’s Manifesto features Naomi Campbell in fall-winter designs, photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin
Source | WWD

thanks for posting MMA
will anyone be trying to get the Manifesto?
or did anyone get the s/s 08 one?

seriously, I'm not crazy about Naomi, but she really works it out. her beautiful sexy skin makes her and those dresses shine even just on a boring presenting board

and THANK YOU guys for the scans!

YSL Manifesto 2008

Pictures and article From Fashion Week Daily.com

A Look at YSL's Manifesto

A behind-the-scenes glimpse of the campaign shoot starring Naomi Campbell
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
(NEW YORK) YSL is bravely bringing its message to the masses, giving shoppers a renewed reason to hit the streets. On September 6, YSL will distribute over half a million copies of its Manifesto to urbanites in Paris, New York, London, Milan, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. In the newspaper-style publication, Naomi Campbell is photographed in the Fall/Winter 2008-2009 collection by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. The first 5,000 shoppers will also receive a tote bag designed by Stefano Pilati. On the same day, a behind-the-scenes film of the shoot will debut exclusively on ysl.com. Interested in a sneak preview? You'll find it here.
ASHLEY BAKER

im so jealouse for those in the cities theyre gonna give out to, i wish we could buy the manifestos (and totes too) :innocent:

I can't wait for Saturday to see the Manifesto :woot:
Will we get HQ's like we did with S/S 08?

me too, :flower: I see my avi changing if there is some nice new shots :woot:

Magazine or Artsy Accessory? - NYT article on YSL's Manifesto

Magazine or Artsy Accessory?
By ERIC WILSON
Published: September 3, 2008

WITH the exhibition of roughly 264 spring collections getting under way Thursday at the beginning of New York Fashion Week, which will be followed by hundreds more in London, Milan and Paris until early October, it is entirely conceivable that a lot of what designers are trying to say will get lost in the hubbub along the way. This is an issue that affects even the biggest names in fashion, who tend to be very serious about getting their messages across loud and clear.

“Even if you put all the magazines together, you wouldn’t see the complete collection,” said Stefano Pilati, the designer of Yves Saint Laurent. “They all pick only the most photogenic clothes. And not all of the fashion magazines are really accessible. Most of them feed the industry, but they don’t go further than that.”

Mr. Pilati is, however, pragmatic. It is the high-priced accessories from his show, not the actual clothes, that drive the business, and so they often receive the most attention. His response, three seasons ago, was to produce his own magazine, Manifesto, which shows the whole shebang in an artsy format and is handed out in fashion capitals around the world. O.K., so it’s basically an advertisement, much less expensive than buying 20 or so pages in Vogue, and wouldn’t be so interesting if Mr. Pilati had not also announced that 5,000 copies of the latest issue will be handed out on Saturday in YSL tote bags.

When the news hit the fashion blogs last week, it was all about the cute bag, not the amazing images of Naomi Campbell, photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. To think, a real ‘It’ bag, for free, considering a Muse starts around $1,395. And, on the handout, the YSL logo is fetchingly printed upside down.

“Most of the people, they just picked up on the bag — ‘Hey guys, run to get the bags!’ ” Mr. Pilati said, only slightly amused. “The point is to have the Manifesto too. The bag is complimentary. The reality is that I didn’t want to give the Manifesto by hand but in a bag as a gesture.”

Even the purest of messages, it turns out, can be corrupted by the power of a bag.

“It became, by itself, a limited edition,” he said. “Now we’re going to have to produce the bags for the stores.”

04row-190.jpg

Lars Klove for The New York Times
CARRIED AWAY A copy of Manifesto in a YSL tote.
nytimes

^ thanks for posting. I can't wait for saturday :woot:

I got the manifesto today ^_^ Nobody seemed to be taking any copies... so I took three. It's 20 pages, and there's a total of 16 campaign images.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->