Yves Saint Laurent S/S 2009 : Claudia Schiffer by Inez & Vinoodh

source | vogue.co.uk

Saint Valentine's Yves

12 February 2009, 02:00PM
FOR the last four seasons the YSL Manifesto has piqued the interest of the industry as a unique means of communication with the customer. Stefano Pilati professed a need to correspond in a democratic way with his customer base, aiming to reach a wider demographic by making the Manifesto available online and on the streets of the world's major cities.

The concept behind the distribution remains the same and this season's model, the iconic Claudia Schiffer, provides no less anticipation than her predecessors: Misses Bundchen and Moss. The Manifesto images, and a short behind-the-scenes video, will debut on www.ysl.com on February 14 - and on the same day over half a million copies of the 20 page Manifesto booklet will be handed out on the streets of Paris, New York, London, Milan, Tokyo and Hong Kong.

The first 2,000 passers-by will also receive a specially created heart-shaped USB and new cotton tote bag designed by Pilati. In London the distribution will start at 11am on February 14, on Bond Street, Knightsbridge, High Street Kensington and Covent Garden. It goes without saying that they won't last long, so if you'd love one for Valentine's Day you better be quick.

I can't wait to see the Manifesto! :buzz:
This is one of my favorite campaigns of the season! Such gorgeous poses!

Too bad theyre not handed out in the Netherlands :(

YSL’S USB MANIFESTO
For the launch of their 2009 Manifesto, Yves Saint Laurent are putting style and technology together and taking to the streets to turn high fashion viral.

Stefano Pilati’s fourth Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto is democratizing high fashion, uniting style and technology to infiltrate the popular consciousness in a new approach to advertising. The S/S 2009 Manifesto, photographed by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin and featuring Claudia Schiffer will be uploaded and distributed on charming heart shaped USB keys on the streets of Paris, New York, London, Milan, Tokyo and Hong Kong on the 14th of February. Over half a million copies of the twenty page Manifesto, accompanied by behind the scenes footage, will be disseminated this way, along with a cotton tote bag designed by Pilati to the first 2,000 passers by in each city.

Communicating with a whole new demographic for the first time, and liberated from the elitist pages of a glossy magazine (although a print promotion will also be released at the same time), the campaign is an attempt at an egalitarian approach to luxury fashion. Following on from the philosophy behind the previous four Manifestos, Pilati is reaching out to the public, playing on the timelessness of seasonal collectors items to draw interest to the unusual format of the Manifesto. The Manifesto itself is interactive, allowing users to play with removable stickers and centerfold poster, ushering in a new era of accessibility and familiarity between the consumer and the sumptuous fashion house.

The Manifesto USB and tote will be distributed in London from 11am on the 14th February at Bond Street, Knightsbridge, High Street Kensington and Covent Garden. The Manifesto will also debut exclusively on ysl.com on the same day.
dazeddigital

Last seasons Manifesto bag was better :rolleyes:
thank you surrealseven

The Manifesto is up on YSL's site, I'm feeling lazy to screencap anything.

Somehow I'm quite disappointed by the whole series after
seeing them :(

I am far from disappointed. This is mind blowing! The photography is amazing! and the poses are just.. (I am lost for words) :wub:
I'm hoping some HQ's will surface!

Yes! I want every photo in HQ! This campaign is fantastic and I'll never get tired of saying it... I really love Claudia.:wub::heart:

If somebody gets that tacky USB heart, please, share with us the images...

Does the USB have the Manifesto images in HQ on? :unsure:

Photos from the YSL USB

photos from the YSL USB
uploaded from me.
enjoy :D

Attachments

• Manifesto_01.jpg
    Manifesto_01.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Manifesto_02.jpg
    Manifesto_02.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 119
  • Manifesto_03.jpg
    Manifesto_03.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Manifesto_04.jpg
    Manifesto_04.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 175
  • Manifesto_05.jpg
    Manifesto_05.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 85
  • Manifesto_10.jpg
    Manifesto_10.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Manifesto_09.jpg
    Manifesto_09.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Manifesto_08.jpg
    Manifesto_08.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Manifesto_07.jpg
    Manifesto_07.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Manifesto_06.jpg
    Manifesto_06.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 80
More Photo + Poster from the YSL USB

extracted from the USB.
uploaded by me.
enjoy again :D

Attachments

• Manifesto_11.jpg
    Manifesto_11.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Manifesto_poster.jpg
    Manifesto_poster.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 60
I really don't like her facial expression in the one where she's wearing the wide drop-crotch shorts and beige blazer. She looks like a possessed 50s housewife... Otherwise, all of the others are fabulous!!

Thanks for the photos!

thank you wongak
I can't stop looking at this campaign.. :heart:

Anyone knows the title of the song playing during the Manifesto video on YSL.com ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->