Zac Posen S/S 11 Paris

OMG...waste of space in Paris!

Just looked at all the pieces on nowfashion and it would have been a waste of space at NY as well. It seems like he tried to do something different, more 'french' and 'haute' just because it was going to be in Paris and it wasn't pulled off.

WOW
Lot of look
there was some tacky moments, and some hideous moments but i didnt hate the collection
for a first show in paris i think he did a good enough job
the casting and venue really helped his chances

Lots of pieces looked very cheap.. I'm not really keen on this collection but some gowns were pretty nice, I liked the one Vlada wore.

until now, ZP hasn't been the only one wasting space in Paris, however some of the pieces are "interesting", others are ridiculous and tacky

Some of the pieces from what is on nowfashion have some good ideas but the execution is really tacky, with the colours and the sheerness. And I want to believe that he's capable of doing good collections because he has done them previously but really, the last few years his work has been awful.

Can someone post the HQs for this collection please? Very much appreciated ^_^

i saw the full collection on nowfashion.com and well to be frank its quite tacky , some of the dresses would have been nice if he had not put feather boas on them , but it was just distasteful .

Im excited and also i bit scared to see the rest of this collection, while i like the dress on Toni, I detest that outfit on Karlie, interested to see where this goes.

Full collection is UP on style.it
http://www.style.it/moda/sfilate/pe-2011-collezioni/zac-posen/Collezione.aspx

Anyway this is typical dramatic Zac Posen:big gowns,sexy dresses,bold hair & makeup,models with load of attitude...he's more interested in producing a fashion show rather than showing a collection,which is really into my likes...
The only problem is that many outfits are showing too much body,those fabrics are so sheer...yeah it's sexy but it ends up turning tacky after a while

This is what I saw:
Quite a bit of fug and tastelessness - feather peplums... whatthahayel!
Scatteredness and incohesion.
Some derivation.
Potentially gorgeous dresses made fug because of over-embellishment / lack of editing.
Gorgeous dresses. :wub:
Pretty much same stuff / different city, although the derivation thing is not something I associate with Zac, I don't know if I never noticed or if he is more blatant. I can all but see a certain model looking across the room and saying, "hey that's the dress I presented at Gucci last season!"

Still, I :heart: Zac! and between my general affection for him, the sheer gorgeousness of the gorgeous stuff presented and the showmanship, it gets a thumbs up from me... I know, I'm weak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->