Zac Posen to Design for Target

If the Cynthia Vincent shoe and Eugenia Kim hat collections were any indication (not to mention the NYC event), if you have your eye on something, I'd suggest being on Target.com bright and early with coffee, or at the store with your Target employee friends who gave you the Posen lowdown because I KNOW Zacs stuff will be going off the racks quicker than any other Target designer.

Buy, buy, buy!

My mother just called me and some of it is out already at the Target by her. She said no tux jacket =(

She is getting me the long dress, the black 3/4 sleeve tee and the cardigan. I would post photos but I am 3 hours away so I won't be seeing it till May 1st when I go for a visit.

my local target had the swimsuits and a few cardigans out already. this collection is gonna be super crazy!

I got my animal-print dress! Yippee.

Head's up if you're shopping online only: for some reason the cutesy tuxedo bodysuit doesn't appear when you view to shop his collection. However, it is located here:
http://www.target.com/dp/B003BMFWWK/ref=gp_se_search-results-asin-redirect

I'm thinking the bodysuit came out before the other pieces because only L and XL are left. Bummmmmer!

41tjBs-3auL._AA260_.jpg

source: Target.com

Wow, almost everything is out of stock on the website already and it's only 11:30am.

I tried alot of this on at Target last night. Unlike most of the designer collections, the clothes actually fit like they were designed to fit.

The tuxedo jacket was very cute, and well fitted. The tuxedo shirt was made of super cheap almost sheer cotton, which I couldn't get over, but it fit ok. as did the tux pants, and bermuda shorts.

They only had 3 of the dress styles out last night, so I didn't try any of them on.

I went to the store today and picked up the red ruffle convertible dress and the floral brocade dress. The snap tape wasn't flattering on my body. It actually hid my curves! The tuxedo jacket fit nicely but the pants were abnormally long. All in all I think the quality was better than gaultier, slightly.

i purchased the tiger ruffle sailor dress. it was a bit tricky to put one. i may return it. also the belt that it came with was a it difficult to work with. unfortunately my target didnt have any of the polyeurathane belts.

i tried on the long gown but it was TOO long. it would need 25$ worth of altering so i wouldnt trip over it. the material was nice however.

i'm a size 6 and a medium snap dress fit me well. i decided against purchasing it however.

i went to my target fairly early this morning and there were a lot of women crowded around the racks.

I have to say, this is the best quality of designer collabs for Target yet. And for the right price, too. I was devastated when one of my favorite designers, Erin Fetherston, did a line for Target but the pieces were not up to par not were the prices equivalent to the quality.

I ordered the pink sailor dress and the pink and purple polka dot dress this morning; it said they will ship in a few weeks. I'm glad to hear that the overall feeling is that the quality is much better than Gaultier!

I hope the polka dot dress isn't too short. I don't particularly like very short dresses or skirts, but fortunately I'm very short myself, so things tend to be a little bit longer on me. :smile:

I'm definitely looking forward to some modeling shots!

How does the size run of the sailor (tiger print) dress? I love it. I'm a little hesitant because of the colors though. It looks kinda 'young'..What do you think girls?

Last edited by a moderator:
any pictures of anything? im wondering if it's worth going over there

The sailor dress (whether pink or animal-print) fits true to size.

Jun3machina, go view the collection online! Everything is mostly sold out but it will give you a good idea of what to search for in the store.

a lot of the items aren't even showing up online though....i just did that

I'm wondering too!!
It's crazy how almost everything is sold out online, I wonder how the Targets are over here...

Oh lordie...I KNEW I should've gotten to Target earlier today. The blue snap dress (which I like to call the gladiator dress) was the one thing I wanted, and all the smalls were sold out. I tried on the medium and extra small, but of course, medium was too big and extra small wouldn't zip up all the way. Didn't wanna risk pinching my skin.
The tuxedo pants...uuuuugh. I'm usually between a size 5 and 7 when it comes to junior sizes, so I went with the 7. Horrible. Legs were way too long and the FABRIC. WHY would anyone want pants in that fabric? The jacket was fitted well, but again...the fabric.
I tried on the mesh black cardigan in the small size, but it didn't speak to me. The red top was rather big, even in the size small. I still thought it was cute and bought it in XS. (The ONLY thing I bought from the collection.)

Some pictures:
Medium blue gladiator dress
24801_1314966670478_1120020006_30807960_6775453_n.jpg

XS
24801_1314966710479_1120020006_30807961_3875957_n.jpg

24801_1314966750480_1120020006_30807962_5737101_n.jpg
24801_1314966790481_1120020006_30807963_5625169_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member