Kirna Zabête for Target

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Target has just announced that round two of "The Shops at Target" will feature Soho's , the Greene Street boutique known for stocking labels like 3.1 Phillip Lim, Celine, and Lanvin. Store owners Beth Buccini and Sarah Easley will work with Target on a women's collection of about 100 pieces, all priced between $9.99 and $199.99 and due out on September 9. (racked via wwd)

oh wow! exciting news! can't wait to see what they come up with!

The amount of collaborations we get these days is ridiculous...

The amount of collaborations we get these days is ridiculous...

Next up, Thefrenchy for Target! But seriously, I agree, I just read "x" for Target threads on here, none of them the least bit interesting. Have these two even designed before? Random! I don't see how this one will appeal to the average American Target shopper.

Last edited by a moderator:
^i agree heatheranne....although these two have a great eye for things,and have for the last decade,i don't recall they ever even having an in-house collection at their shop. seems quite random,indeed. i'm not even sure what their point of view will be design-wise. nouveau riche quirky? that sort overly fashion-slave mentality but slightly more off-kilter. that's basically how i've perceived their approach for their shop.

I don't believe the Webster has an in-house collection either, yet they still managed to create something. I'm really curious as to what this collection will look like. Who knows...

more details from wwd. the press preview was yesterday.

Sarah Easley and Beth Buccini, co-founders of Kirna Zabête, the SoHo specialty store, created 100 styles for Target, including original prints with signature motifs such as kisses. A leather moto jacket is $199.99. There’s a group of pink, gray and black items, necklaces with round baubles, and shiny red and black evening bags. Easley and Buccini liked the way the Kirna Zabête for Target collection turned out so much, they will reportedly offer it in the SoHo store.

I don't believe the Webster has an in-house collection either, yet they still managed to create something. I'm really curious as to what this collection will look like. Who knows...

Two wrongs don't make a right...
:lol:...

this whole project Target has going on where they get store owners to 'design' is just odd...

it's like asking someone who eats a lot of food to prepare a meal...
just because you can eat- doesn't make you a chef!...
the best you're going to get is a boiled egg...
:D

i guess it's not that different than any random celebrity slapping their name on something...though neither one holds much interest for me...
:ermm:...

i saw a preview of a bunch of pieces of the line in bust magazine (with tavi G on the cover) the clothes were styled ridiculously, but it looks like the sizing is much better than the webster for target line. could still be promising.

Last edited by a moderator:
here are some of my fave items, the leather jacket, the slit dress + jacket, the earrings, the heart jewelry etc. abullseyeview

Attachments

• kirna1.jpg
    kirna1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 7
  • kirna2.jpg
    kirna2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 6
  • kirna3.jpg
    kirna3.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 2
  • kirna4.jpg
    kirna4.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2
btw,the guys will be getting their own shop collaboration about the same time KZ with the NYC men's shop,known for it's selection of robert geller,junya watanabe,common projects et al,ODIN. i actually saw some of those pieces on the target website and finally the lower mass-market is getting something interesting on the menswear front. definitely in line with what we're seeing in men's stylings from H&M,zara,gap and j.crew to a degree---but cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->