Above Magazine Vol. 4 - Rhythmic Issue with Dovile on Cover

susie_bubble

Reaction score
I have searched and searched for this magazine in this forum and have turned up nothing but 'above' is a common word so hopefully, nobody has posted anything yet....

For those that don't know -
Above Magazine is the magazine for a new generation of style conscious fashion consumers and lovers. It is a young and cutting edge publication with strong editorial content focusing on new trends in the world of luxury.

That's the blurb from the website but here's my opinion - It's very very strong on the editorial front and though they don't use the high profile models - I think the concepts are great. It's definitely a visual fest!

35484_above.jpg

It's bi-annual and this is their 4th issue.
Cover Model: Dovile wearing Kim Jones and Diane Von Furstenberg, shot by Marc de Groot

7 Fantasies of a Woman
Photographed by Karl Lagerfeld
Model: Helena Christensen, Anna Klevhag, Caroline Riberio, Jaimee Gong, Brad Kroenig, Tobias Brahmst, Luchino Mandias
Styled by L'wren Scott

Body Talk
Photographed by Nico
Model: Eleonora Bose
Styled by Sascha Lilic
]

[

Upbeat
Photographed by Marc de Groot
Model: Dovile at IMG
Styled by Jos Von Heel

Speed Dating
Photographed by Ellen Von Unwerth
Models: Crystal Renn, Kemp at Elite, Boris at IMG
Styled by Jenny Capitain

Draw to You
Photographed by Mark Andrew
Model: Anna O
Styled by Leslie Lessin
]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound of Waves
Photographed by Hiro S.
Model: Eva Helene
Styled by Keiko Seya

Runaway Girls
Photographed by Ralph Wenig
Models: Ciara, Agyness and March at Select
Styled by Sascha Lilic

All images scanned by myself from Above Magazine Vol. 4 2006

Some edits that I didn't scan - screencapped from above-magazine.com

The Waiting Game, photographed by Andrew Spotorno, models: Amalie Kofoed, Maurine, Vala Scheving, Noelle Roques.

Solar Mission, photographed by Jean Daniel Lorieux, model: Sasha at Karin
[/URL]

Airborne, photographed by Adel Awad, models: Julie de Gouy, Ugne Andrikonyte, Ellin at Karin

Demolition Women, Photographed by Kia Naddermier, models: Nadine at Nathalie, Aye at Elite

i like the last ed

actually, i like everything except for the ellen von unwerth thing cuz shes awful.

but yeah, i relaly like it. ive never heard of this magazine before, but its great

Very intriguing :heart:
Thanks for posting great eds susie_bubble :flower:

PS this is my 100th post :woot: I am now a "rising star!"

Last edited by a moderator:
The editorials aren't bad at all, but they are all kind of the same. The poses are the same, just different lighting/mood/clothes/models. They're not really eye-catching to me.

Aren't the photos in 7 Fantasies of a Woman by Karl Lagerfeld the same ones Karl did for the champagne campaign? Dom Perignon, if I remember right?

The Waiting Game by Andrew Spotorno looks nice. And it it a BIG plus that they use new, fresh faces!

Thanks for posting :flower:

WhiteLinen said:
The editorials aren't bad at all, but they are all kind of the same. The poses are the same, just different lighting/mood/clothes/models. They're not really eye-catching to me.

Aren't the photos in 7 Fantasies of a Woman by Karl Lagerfeld the same ones Karl did for the champagne campaign? Dom Perignon, if I remember right?

The Waiting Game by Andrew Spotorno looks nice. And it it a BIG plus that they use new, fresh faces!

Thanks for posting :flower:

I thought they looked familiar. Looks like a nice and fresh magazine.
Is it only in the UK?
Where is it based?

^Based in London :smile:
But it's available worldwide me thinks..... saw it in a Paris bookstore once.

Oh eleonora`s new ed
i remember her in 2001 year i liked her very much but she`s gone for a long time and i don`t belive what she`s really back( i mean really with the same force as lately now i think she `s gonna make tons of fake alike Jessica Miller:(( it`s a shame

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mou777
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->