Industrie Magazine Premiere Issue : Anna Wintour

Got my copy today. I've really liked reading the stylists' interviews so far. Alessandra's ed is good; I couldn't believe it was her at first.

how much is this in USA ?
how many copies are running ?
* sorry if this has already been asked ...

^ Yes farou7a I got it in Selfridges yesterday.

I quite liked it, and it's only £7. I personally also loved the shots of Rick Owens and thought Alessandra's ed was stunning.

Oh, and BerlinRocks it says on the cover it's $18 in the US

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a copy today. The binding is horrendous. Looks like someone got a roll of masking tape and taped it together.

I like the issue a lot however.

^ Yes farou7a I got it in Selfridges yesterday.

I quite liked it, and it's only £7. I personally also loved the shots of Rick Owens and thought Alessandra's ed was stunning.

Oh, and BerlinRocks it says on the cover it's $18 in the US

aaaaaaaaaaaaah!:woot: going to london next week so i will be sure to get it!!!!!!!!
thank u :smile:

Alessandra's edit is absolutely ridiculous. I've never instantly disliked an edit like it before.
Daria and Lara by Demarchelier looks really nice, what bodies. For £7 this has got to hit me on the stands..
Although with my magazine obsession I will probably end up buying it. Except the binding is putting me off!

The review looks good. With my luck, I probably won't have a chance to buy it.

Gile's Greatest Hits Volume I
Model: Alessandra Ambrosio
Ph: Solve Sundsbo
Styling: Katie Grand
I assume that this is the ed that was posted on the previous page (the doll one). I am just curious about the title of the editorial (actually on the other page the ed title was Alessandra). Why is it called that? I thought that perhaps the clothes were all Giles Deacon, but then again the tiered dress has the flavor of Viktor and Rolf's SS2010 collection - although less colorful than most pieces, although Giles also does whimsy. Does anyone know?

I agree with whoever said that the doll editorial was reminiscent of the Mert and Marcus piece. The second I saw it I went to Mert and Marcus's thread to see the editorial and
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=2960821&postcount=176
it's very similar.

I also agree that this magazine seems pointless. They are making such a deal about being THE FIRST but a lot of the content seems to be stuff that can be seen in Interview or i-D. Do I really need to see Tommy Ton's pictures and hear his opinion in print when I can just go to the source, his website and get the same thing. In this economy, if you are going to launch a magazine you have to better be sure what you are doing fills an empty niche. This magazine just seems like an amalgamation of every other left of mainstream fashion magazines.

^ The clothes are all Giles Deacon. From various collections of his.
Thanks.

The Mert and Marcus ed was three years ago, that is about two lifetimes in fashion. I can see why one ed reminds people of the other, after all Katie Grand was the fashion editor / stylist for both, maybe she wanted to do an update on the idea. Also, Solve Sundsbo has done doll / mannequin eds - one with Coco Rocha for Numero (I think) and another with Iris Strubegger for Vogue Italia; it is not a unique concept, I have seen doll photo stories done by random modelmayhem type photographers. If a photographer / editor repeats themselves within a few months, more than likely I will take issue with it, unless the redo is beyond awesome. In this case, I like the Industrie ed because it is more fashion, but I also like the Pop Magazine / Mert and Marcus one (thanks for the links) because it is more "not human," like I wonder if that is an actual person in the picture or a doll or mannequin.

I agree with whoever said that the doll editorial was reminiscent of the Mert and Marcus piece. The second I saw it I went to Mert and Marcus's thread to see the editorial and
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=2960821&postcount=176
it's very similar.

I also agree that this magazine seems pointless. They are making such a deal about being THE FIRST but a lot of the content seems to be stuff that can be seen in Interview or i-D. Do I really need to see Tommy Ton's pictures and hear his opinion in print when I can just go to the source, his website and get the same thing. In this economy, if you are going to launch a magazine you have to better be sure what you are doing fills an empty niche. This magazine just seems like an amalgamation of every other left of mainstream fashion magazines.

This is a very good point and post :heart:. Whilst I'm excited to read Karl and Marie's interview, I doubt that many of the fashion-magazine public are...and if so they can just go online and find a plethora of information about them.

Won't they eventually just run out of stylists/editors/hair/make-up/designers to interview? And then the whole magazine's existence would seem a little void.

And no one should be giving Katie Grand more outlets to publish her work, one magazine under her is enough to suffer :innocent:.

There's a good article and interview about the guy from H&M who secured Karl Lagerfeld's guest collection there,and basically started off the whole designers for highstreet craze that we have now. It's an interesting little read and is actually the sort of interview you wouldn't find in any other magazine.

Because of the size of the magazine, after scanning the pages I tried to rejoin them as best as I could. Hope that's okay.

'Paco's Archive'

Photographed by
Richard Bush
Fashion by Sarah Richardson
Model Eniko Mihalik

scanned by me

The cover:

Interviews with 'The Super Stylists'

Karl Templer

Katie Grand

scanned by me

Users who are viewing this thread