Academy Awards 2004

Discussion in 'Star Style' started by Amélie, Feb 28, 2004.

1. so_pink

so_pink New Member

my fav looks

julia roberts
    julliane moore

these girls have experience from the past..they looked like oscar gold.. they wernt nominated either!!

sienna miller looked fresh in gold/green... wow she's already jude law's OFFICIAL date?? he cant be taken!!!!!

2. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

LIV T. was the best in my eyes. she carried of her look soooo well and gracefully.
    loved it. and her hair was spot on :flower: :woot:

3. tealady

tealady New Member

Jo Champa

[​IMG]

4. tealady

tealady New Member

This detail photograph shows the diamond-studded dress from Randi Rahm worn by Maria Menounos, 'Entertainment Tonight' host for the Oscar Arrivals telecast, on the red carpet at the 76th annual Academy Awards in Hollywood, California February 29, 2004. The one-of-a-kind dress is emblazoned with 3,000 hand-sewn round, princess and marquis-cut colored stones totaling two thousand carats, weighs 2.5 lbs and is worth $2.5 million.

I'm not liking this trend...
    :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

5. tealady

tealady New Member

Melissa Rivers :sick:

[​IMG]

6. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

no wonder it was a great fit :lol: . good for her :flower:

7. Luna

Luna offline.

Bling bling!

8. tealady

tealady New Member

a close up of that hairdo! :wacko:

[​IMG]

9. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

My thoughts/comments:

*For those who asked, Jennifer Gardner's dress was vintage Valentino, Samantha Morton's was vintage Givenchy, and Scarlett's was Alberta Ferreti.
    *Mr. Weitzman himself said he chose Alison Krauss to wear the million-dollar shoes, since she's a hometown kinda gal or something like that.
    *Johnny Depp looks hotter than ever with the new haircut. :brows:
    *Renee is at a really good weight right now.
    *Diane Lane is looking extremely youthful.
    *I like Sienna Miller's new brunette coloring, and the dress is cute, too...and the date. Lucky, lucky girl. :blush: :brows:
    *Julianne Moore's hair color is so gorgeous. Why Nicole Kidman gave up red hair for blond I'll never know. :wacko:
    *Oprah Winfrey needs to fire her makeup artist. Heavy black eyeshadow (she has it on during her shows, too) is not doing her any favors...it's making her look old and weary.
    *That color is nice on CZJ, but the dress itself is :sick: . It looks like an 80's pageant gown. Apparently it's from the Versace archive books.

My favorite looks...

*Sofia Coppola: feminine with a twist. If I was gonna pick any Oscar dress to wear myself, it would be hers.
    *Samantha Morton: looks much better on television than in photos. The bodice part is kinda stiff and weird, but overall it's a wonderfully unique choice that suits her. I liked her hair, too.
    *Scarlett Johansson: gorgeous, although she still looked quite bosomy. I love the red lipstick but can totally do without the Monroe hair.
    *Liv Tyler: always stays true to what she likes and never reveals too much. And she has the most gorgeous skin. She's like my skin idol.

10. tealady

tealady New Member

I haven't found any pics yet. Sorry. :blush:

11. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

hmm she looks good. i reminds me of like 1960's dior

12. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

haha i love how they judge people on what they wear more than anyone else.

13. tealady

tealady New Member

Uma looks like she climbed out of bed and took the sheets with her... :doh:

[​IMG]

14. seleria73

seleria73 New Member

Sarah Jessica was at home in NYC spending time with her family, so I doubt you'll see her around as much as before...the reason why she wanted to quit Sex and the City anyway.
    On the Streets: Feb 29, 2004

#114 seleria73, Mar 1, 2004
    Last edited by moderator : Jan 16, 2007
  15. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Cannot agree with you more. At first,I was thinking everybody is going to dog her for that but I thought it was perfect for her. She's a bold girl and if any time to wear a gown such as that...Oscar night :wink:

Faves of the evening:

Must go for the ballsy girls.

Samantha Morton*****
    Uma Thurman*****
    AND
    Sofia Coppola*****

16. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I am so in love with Liv Tyler in Givenchy :heart:

17. tealady

tealady New Member

and another!

[​IMG]

18. asta

asta New Member

BEST DRESSED:

Vanessa Paradis... now that is a show stopping dress. Perfect... it has to be vintage 30's, no?

Renee... ah! the back of her dress was amazing... and she glows at this weight. she certainly loves to dress her body and knows what cuts will accentuate her curves. wow.

LOVES:

Samantha Morton... she looked darling... and her Givenchy dress? :woot:

i love Sienna Miller's hair coloring... and her darling green dress.

Patricia Clarkson looked amazing, as always. she is the only one that can pull off the "plain" dress with such style. red lips!!!!! just like the golden globes!

Susan Surrandon looked amazing. she is a beauty. and her green earrings and bracelet? WOW.

Sofia Coppola...
    she is a doll. her marc jacobs dress suited her to a t.... casual chic. loved her speech as well. and her flats at the GG? she wore them b/c she broke her toe... :innocent:

Keisha Castle Hughes... she SHOULD have WON!!!!! but she was darling in her little pink dress. so appropriate and ladylike...

Shohreh Aghdashloo perfect in red.

WORST:

Kelly Lynch... everytime someone puts on a zac posen gown... they are begging for mockery. that boy just doesn't know what makes a dress. too big. too much. and too everything awful! what a horrible gown.

OOPS:

Vera Wang... what was she thinking?

Scarlett... she never seems to get it right. and this dress? ugh! satin and heavy detailed seam working just do NOT flatter the body.

Liv Liv Liv? what are you thinking? the hair! :sick: and the straight neckline? NO WAY! the back of her givenchy dress was lovely... but the front just ruined it. :blink:

Charlize & Julianne [she got her hair right though] were duds. Sandra and Charlize need to get rid of the fake tans.

Nicole, like always, still needs to go back to red. the blond/washed out look makes her look so stiff, fake, predictable and bland. the top of her dress was a disaster, although the bottom half was lovely.

Sandra Bullock... poor gal... bows and feathers? all in one skirt? no thanks.

JUST BORING:

Diane Lane looked lovely in her Cavalli... and normally his gowns are so horribly tacky. but still. the lack of color really through me off and made me put her on my indifferent list.

i love Jennifer Gardner... but this orange thing was just a little boring.

Angelina... another cream satin dress.... the tats did nothing for the dress... but she is gorgeous nonetheless.

Catherine Zeta looked Stunning... but the dress? eh. too moulin rouge for me... and a little too fishy...

Holly Hunter, Naomi Watts, Alison Krauss were all a bore... nothing wrong, but certainly nothing right.

CRAZY BUT I LIKED:

Uma... i shook my head when i saw her... but she is so stunning... her huge outfit was overwhelming.... but it made her stand out... so in a way, i sort of liked it. :shock:

19. cherylm

cherylm New Member

Charlize and Sandra Bullock had very fake looking tans! :cry:

20. seleria73

seleria73 New Member

Yeah...you can really see how harsh looking the tan is when she stands next to Renee here

#120 seleria73, Mar 1, 2004
    Last edited by moderator : Jan 16, 2007