Academy Awards 2004

Why did she have to spray herself orange? Strange glow aside- the dress is gorgeous and fit sher so beautifully--

Originally posted by tealady@Mar 1st, 2004 - 2:27 pm
To me she looks more burned than tan...
I agree with that, it could be from the Independent Spirit awards yesterday - they were held outside at the beach :flower:

Originally posted by Belowen+Mar 1st, 2004 - 1:51 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Belowen @ Mar 1st, 2004 - 1:51 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-tealady@Mar 1st, 2004 - 2:27 pm
To me she looks more burned than tan...
I agree with that, it could be from the Independent Spirit awards yesterday - they were held outside at the beach :flower:[/b][/quote]
Maybe- but it sure look like an airbrush job to me. I think its too even to be a burn... but maybe she DID get burned and then HAD to get it airbrushed even. . .yeah I don't care at all anymore. . .

who made uma's dress...and what about annie lennox? :heart: :heart:

did you hear scarlett say her dress was by albertO ferretti?!?! :lol:

maybe it's alberta's twin brother, haha... :innocent: :woot:

i think she was wearing a minimizer...too much make-upand stiff hair, makes her look 35 :unsure:

marcia gay harden? :sick: good lord...didn't she look in the mirror? what was that about?! :yuk:

nicole's dress had bigger boobs than she did!

sofia looked great! :flower:

i thought john travolta's hairpiece was excellent...it looked very real :innocent:

hated charlize's fake tan! looks fake to me...

loved catherine zeta jones...that color! :heart:

also like naomi's look-simple, but good :flower:

diane keaton always favored wearing more masculine outfits... gosh this tops everything else-- its her ugliest. remember when she won an oscar how many years ago (80s)? she wore some grunge looking drabby outfit. its like she belittles the academy awards.

anyway charlize is beautiful but its nothing out of the ordinary. Marcia gay harden?!?! Ugh!!!! just cause u're pregnant doesnt give u an excuse to look like... that... nice hair and makeup but ugly dress... look at cate blanchett now thats what i call a glowing mom to be!!

nicole kidman, not bad but not stunning enough. cat zeta jones... so-so.. i like her when she was pregnant(hr gown last year was nice)

renee zellweger looks like she is getting married in that outfit.

naomi watts gown reminded me of kate hudson's last year. susan sarandon's gown is nice. i like it on her.

what is uma thurman wearing??? angelina jolie-- NICE!!!

im still pissed i missed them when they were happening!!! just how stupid am i?

anyway...

noami looked elegant. she def. knew what she was wearing!!!! :rolleyes:

and wasnt jamie's dress almost the same as what rene wore last year (i think?!...her's was yellow - the vintage?!)

and why was charlize wearing a trail??? :unsure: on oprah she couldnt stop with how annoying trails are and how she's never gonna wear one again!! :innocent: and boy did the fake tan show :innocent: :ninja:

im 100% sure rene's dress was inspired by the classic white cotton bed sheet wrapped around the girl the 'next morning', dont you think??? :lol: :lol:

julia was okay. i thin kshe could have done better, thn then again, what do i know?! :P

and nicole's bust line was very interesting :woot:

sandra's dress would have looked much better without those furry thingies...whatre they called again?!? :P

alison's shoes....OMG :shock: this would have been better if they were somethign to lok at....but these are horrible for 2 million!!! :shock: :shock:

and of course, my liv looked her best, as always :woot: :blush: :heart: :rolleyes: the hair looked great!! :heart:

overall, i think the girls were better dressed than they were at the golden globes, dont you think?

Originally posted by Belowen@Mar 1st, 2004 - 12:26 am
I am so in love with Liv Tyler in Givenchy :heart:
who's that in th maroon dress in the back ground??? she looks so much like sean penn :shock: :shock: :lol:

Will Ferrell and his wife Viveca Paulin (Wow, is this the night for pregnant women in ugly blue dresses or what?!) :blink:

FerrellW_76th_01.jpg

My favs are:

Julia Roberts (she looked like a real hollywood diva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Vera Wang (just perfect)
Rene Zellweger (extravagant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Liv Tyler (I loved her hair and the dress is ok.)
and i liked charlize therons dress....

ok i just saw a closeu of mrcia gay harden's face-- EEEEKSSS@!!! i thought it was just a regular chignon!! ughhh

liv tyler-- wow.

julia roberts-- wow.

nicole kidman- nice gown (front photo)

opra winfrey- eeks! SHE always has the SAME look. boooring.

scarlet johanseen not bad at all :smile:

sandra bullock and charlize-- whats with the orange tans??

holly hunter-- eeeeekssss!!!!

Annie lenox- interesting

cat zeta jones-- i like that she didnt put her hair up :smile:

diane lane-- hmmm peek a boo 8 dress? hmmm

jamie lee -- same column dress as renee zelleweger's gown (the jean desse). niceshade.. but lacks originality

my favorites:

Sting
The dude that accepted the award for best animation short
Sophia (sooo much better than what she wore to the globes...she looked perfect)
Naomi
Angelina
and Diane Keaton

:lol: just kidding about Diane keaton

A girl who was at the same bar as me watching the awards(I don't have a TV :o - my bf has a phobia)- said that Diane Keaton was wearing the same, or a similar, outfit to the one she wore when she won Annie Hall. A good luck thing? - don't know if its true or not- but I :heart: Diane so much. She seems like such a fun smart woman- you rock those gloves and funny hats- who cares what the world says :woot: yea!!!

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Mar 1st, 2004 - 3:20 am
A girl who was at the same bar as me watching the awards(I don't have a TV :o - my bf has a phobia)- said that Diane Keaton was wearing the same, or a similar, outfit to the one she wore when she won Annie Hall. A good luck thing? - don't know if its true or not- but I :heart: Diane so much. She seems like such a fun smart woman- you rock those gloves and funny hats- who cares what the world says :woot: yea!!!
i agree...its not my taste, but good for her :flower:

My favourites:

+ Samantha Morton ( Absolutely perfect gown for her. I'm not crazed over her shoe choice though.)
+ Naomi Watts ( Perfect.)
+ Holly Hunter ( The color suits her well as does the cut of the gown.)
+ Angelina Jolie ( She seems to almost glow..does she look thinner or is it just me?)
+ Julia Roberts ( Good choice color-wise)
+ Charlize Theron ( The dress looked good but the faux tan needs to disapear...)
+ Diane Lane ( Simple and elegant)
+ Julianne Moore ( Color and cut were good choices.)
+ Liv Tyler ( Hair looks excellant as does the dress although I find that it makes her look a little big bigger in the front...)
+ Annie Lenox ( Great color and cut!)

and the :sick: list:

- Jennifer Garner ( The color just doesn't work...)
- Nicole Kidman ( She really should bring her red hair back..and what was with the top part of that dress?I like her accessories though...)
- Renee Zellweger ( Didn't like the curtain-like tail!)
- Uma Thurman ( She looked stunning in purple at the GG's..what happened here?)
- Sandra Bullock ( The lightness to her features is good..the dress is just a no. Period.)
- Diane Keaton ( Do I even have to comment?)
- Scarlett Johansson ( Marilyn Monroe wannabe? I don't like the gown as a whole on her...)

Noami watts is my favourite.. just lovely :flower:

Zellwegers dress looks really interesting - I'd like to see more pictures of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->