Alexander McQueen F/W 2021.22 London

The photography is the best thing about this collection. It's create that mysterious allure into a quite mediocre collection. It's another " been there, done that" from Sarah. If you gonna create 16 outfits at least make them memorable.

"Comme des McQueen" for late 90s Vogue Italia editorial by Paolo Roversi...

Yes LOL Still, when lessers like Simone Rochas have been ripping off Rei wholesale to sustain their identity time and time again, I don’t mind that Sarah is referencing Comme. McQueen himself also referenced Rei openly, and this offering is solid enough of a tribute to them both. At least some of the looks are accompanied by decent footwear and not the tired the suburban-14yo-girl-who-thinks-combat-boots-with-her-prom-dress is so grrrrrrl powerrrrr trope. 16 looks is tolerable— just wished there were just a handful of her studied, bespoke tailoring suitings. Oh well, baby steps to leaving all the McQueen tropes that's burdened her work for so long.

Unlike other contemporary designer brands that seemed to collapse after the departure or death of its founder , sometimes I am surprised by Kering and Burton's ability to maintain this brand and turn it into a profitable fashion house, which is quite rare nowadays. I do think that Burton's clothes is very nice, but as its founder said "Nicey nicey just doesn't do it for me," this collection is still one of the Sarah Burton collections under the McQueen name.

Unlike other contemporary designer brands that seemed to collapse after the departure or death of its founder

That's probably because they stopped trying to make Sarah Burton make Mcqueen "looking" clothes. And let her start making Mcqueen by Burton. Has she continued making collections like her first few (except her first one), maybe they would have collapsed as well. She was doing Dior (MGC's) before it was even Dior. I don't think many of the popular brands have stuck to their founders vision anyway and some have gotten popular not because of the founders vision. Atleast she has kept Mcqueens codes.

She is the most predictable and pedestrian designer ever. Christian Siriano is more imaginative than Sarah Burton. Throw a flower print on a pouf dress because FRAGILITY and then style it with a combat boot because CONTRASTING STRENGTH.

Okay you know what. I do not like this, BUT, in my journey to become a less hateful b*tch I realized I've been harping on how it's is not "Alexander McQueen" so much and not just letting the house name evolve beyond his passing. She's moving forward, designing her vision from her own perspective within the lines of his old DNA. He is gone. Things change! And I am willing to look at this and critique it differently now. Thanks for joining my therapy session everyone

I like the 9th, 11th and 13th looks. Sarah should’ve explored more that (even if we’ve seen similar before too…)

all the rest is a repetitive rubbish. burn it.

Ok Sarah, that's enough. It's been 10 years, tell us another story d*mn it.

these photos are also a campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->