Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2021 London

Am I having dèja vu or we already seen this collection before? It's good tho.

Look number 8 should never see the light of day.

I think the resort lookbook was shot over the same background with similar lighting, it was equally dull although I like the coat with the nylon sleeves here.

Nothing standing out too much and quite a tame offering, although the construction is great, except the look 8 indeed (burn that). I do like this. I wish we would see more of this in everything else, their accessories are too much "skulls-skulls-skulls and slap McQ on it". I despise literal branding.

I'm really over the combat boots with a feminine dress juxtaposition. It's cliche at this point.

Some good tailoring and the cotton dresses are nice. Nothing really noteworthy though.

The one positive aspect of her recent showing is that she’s finally moved away from the McQueen-esque tropes that she’s been (advised to?) recycling over and over since her heading the brand. But the negative aspect of doing so is just another Maria Grazia/Virginie approach where the clothes look unflatteringly stocky/dowdy/frumpy on even models. I guess this is how “real” women want to dress and look…

(Wished she concentrated more on the tailored suitings. It’s still her consistently best and strongest talent.)

The few denim looks are a big no. There are some nice suit jackets and coats, otherwise this is pretty bland for McQueen.

It’s interesting that despite the extensive body of work of Lee, she still manages to make the same variations of the same pieces...
Obviously, the excessive Alaia-ism are boring at this point but I really wonder why she does not go more in depth into revisiting the archives....

uneventful. couple of interesting things but not enough depth.

I kinda feel that Sarah Burton has been riding on the aesthetics she has been seriously developing since Spring 2020 for a bit too long (all her collections since then can be merged into one big collection)…

I can’t even believe how stupid this is.

The green bomber/denim jacket dress hybrid thing with those terrifyingly ugly boots is potentially one fo the ugliest looks in fashion ever. It’s like she has frog legs sticking out from that big old garbage poof…

What on earth is wrong with these people? I just can’t even fathom being a part of this design team and being enthused about this? Maybe there’s not a single person working there with taste?

Insanely hideous. Horrible. Cheap. Tacky. A waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->