Alexander McQueen S/S 10 Paris

scary. amazing.
610x.jpg

610x.jpg

daylife.com

The make-up is amazing. It looks as if they have added some weird bone structure to their face around the eyes, cheekbones, and on the nose. Amazing!

The print,s fabrics and genious but super high heel shoes make this collection one of the best in the paris fashion week...
Awesome!!!

thanks mulletproof!!!!

now i understand!!!

Shoeeees!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this show, it's a show and I appreciate Alexander McQueen's sense of theatrics but what I appreciate more is that the clothes are still good.

The prints look great!

I could literally cry. This has to be by far THE BEST collection form paris this season.

Insane!
Those cameras on the catwalk where amazing.
Love the shoes!!, great prints :heart:

I'm going to wait until I see the entire thing before I make any final judgments, but I feel that, while I DO like this collection, and while I do think there were some really stellar pieces (Alice Gibb's gold dress is stunning), there's just something missing, and it's the same thing that's been missing in McQueen's collections for the last two years or so.

When the live stream started, with the opening video, I was so thrilled to see something so erotic and sensual and mysterious...it was gorgeous.

Then the clothes started showing up, and I didn't see much relation between the opening video and the collection. The clothes were overly constructed, stiff, glossy and completely asexual. The presentation (and even the inspiration, for that matter) reminded me a lot of Spring/Summer 2003, "Irere." We all remember that collection as a masterful showing from McQueen, and yet it was still...wearable! Nothing in this current collection is particularly wearable, and in a way, that is disappointing.

Please don't misconstrue what I am saying as wanting McQueen to send out sweater sets and pencil skirts. I almost wish that he would put what is sold in stores on the runway instead of these overblown showpieces one right after the other. Believe me, I've been in his store often, and even his Fall/Winter 2009 monstrosity of a collection ended up looking quite lovely on the rack. Why can't he put those beautifully tailored and beautifully draped pieces on the catwalk? They're much stronger than any of these overwrought concept pieces.

But, that's just my initial reaction...I'm excited to see the entire collection in pictures, and hopefully watch the show again...uninterrupted by faulty streaming!

It does seem very similar to the last s/s collection, but I loved that one so I don't really mind! I can't wait to see it in full

610x.jpg

omg these shoes could easily be a giger sculpture !!!!!

daylife.com

And I'm sorry, but the shoes are probably some of the most hideous things I have ever seen.

Do some of the shoes sort of remind anyone else of lobster claws? I think they are really cool, but it was just the first thing that came to my mind when I saw them.

I think the shoes look really cool, but I don't understand how you can walk in those. I feel really bad for all the models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->