Alexander Wang F/W 2015.16 New York

gazebo

Reaction score
First look:

Alexander-Wang-RTW-FW15-NY-0098-1423935372-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

I think this is for me personally the worst Alexander Wang collection in years.. :blink: Some of the tailored pieces were quite nice BUT where ruined by the horrific styling.
And those shoes should never have seen daylight...

It's really bad and kind of disgusting, those shoes're strange and they're completely impractical... and some pieces were inspired by Miu Miu's last fall show. That last look on Anna was the worst IMHO. It looks like 3 different looks melted into one.
But I bet Balenciaga will be even worse.

I'm gonna be in the absolute minority here, but I really, really loved this. I could've done without the last 8 looks or so (the horrific bustiers, fringed-hem and see-through skirts, and metallic coats), but the rest was pretty amazing. Loved the bead finishes, tailoring was nice, the styling was spot-on, and those combat boots were glorious. The white beaded weaters with jeans also caught my attention. Pretty nice stuff.

Okay, with me out of the way, you can carry on with the hate :lol:

I'm gonna be in the absolute minority here, but I really, really loved this. I could've done without the last 8 looks or so (the horrific bustiers, fringed-hem and see-through skirts, and metallic coats), but the rest was pretty amazing. Loved the bead finishes, tailoring was nice, the styling was spot-on, and those combat boots were glorious. The white beaded weaters with jeans also caught my attention. Pretty nice stuff.

Okay, with me out of the way, you can carry on with the hate :lol:

I'm with you on everything lol. The metallic beads are killer.
Love the punk biker feel in this collection.

The shoes ruined it for me. They looked so bulky and extremely heavy...Overall I wasn't very impressed with the show (other than some of the coats/jackets which I found nice). One last thing: Molly Blair should not have walked in the show...she scared the living daylights out of me when I saw her on the live feed! :shock:

^ I thought she was perfect for it! (Her walk was insane though)

I feel like Taylor Momsen will buy every single piece out of this collection. I kind of miss the sports luxe vibe.

I think it's a very strong focused collection. I wish the hair was more polished.^ I think molly walking was the best moment of the show, she's so street. Also I was very happy to see Ashleigh Good back on the runway.

Rarely have platform combat boots, leather, chains, a severely black color palette and a general angry/punkish attitude felt so... limp.

The shoes :shock:

I think i liked the clothes, but the shoes were sooo horribly distracting, i couldn't focus on the clothes.

This collection was so trite, tacky, and inauthentic. I mean if you really want those kinds of shoes go get some real ones one discountstripper .com and these wannabe punk goth clothes that are gonna be sold for thousands is just so weird and it isn't even done in a cool or fresh way? It looks just really dated? God most shows from 2003 actually look more modern than this offering. I really don't wanna imagine what his Balenciaga will look like...

i don't mind some of the clothes here: those fisherman-cable-sweaters, with studs, are pretty cool, as is that satin bib-front dress. some of the jackets work too.

others are tremendously boxy and uncomfortable looking; it makes you wonder who'd want to wear them.

and yet, this is clearly urban-gothic-Frankenstein which means the boxiness sort of works, at least thematically. i suppose you could say the same about them shoes! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Full show:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FatalefashionIII
+
Molly's walk

Gyvl46.gif

My gif

The collection is interesting, but the shoes ... OMG - nonononono ...

Alexander Wang has never been a grunge, metal, dark brand and this is exactly what this collection is. It keeps getting worse and he used to be my favourite designer!

Wow! Molly Blair! That was strange/scary!

That collection for me is one of his best in recent times. Those clothes were good, less inspired by his peers's work and looked luxurious. The quality seems to be there this time. This clothes are very practical and wearable. It makes me want to buy Alexander Wang.
The last part was very Givenchy for SS2015 and a bit Christopher Kane from a few seasons ago. And doing the crystal trim after Prada is a bit...easy i would say.

Those shoes and the presentation were gimmicky and very pretentious... As always with Wang. It was like at their meeting, they said: "let's put some big chuncky shoes for a more edgier look".

It's a good collection from him but unfortunately, i don't find his work memorable.

Lol take away the nice setting and top models and you have a B or C grade fashion show.
Those hideous shoes and Sougourney Weaver Alien hair is also distracting and gimmicky. Leave Grunge to Givenchy or Slimane lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->