Alexander Wang S/S 11 New York

Am I the only one OVER all white collections for Spring?

No. I do not wear white. Too many white clothes ruined by other people - spilled coffee on the el, sitting on dirty benches/seats. I have no idea what I am going to do for spring! :cry:

I am so sad. I am a huge fan of his but I saw nothing I would wear. I desperately hope some of these pieces are manufactured in neutrals because I get the whole no color vibe, but he could have done beige or brown. Anything but an overload of white!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'm so surprised everyone is hating on this collection!! I can spot NUMEROUS things I would pounce on in a second! The sheer/satin maxi dress with the nude peeptoe booties. LOVE. The first 2 vests in post 78. LOVE. I must admit I'm not a fan of the hair or makeup, but the clothes themselves I like.

I know I'm not the only person the sees Helmut Lang in this. What I really don't understand is how his aesthetic shifts so dramatically from season to season; there is a severe lack of continuity.

^Certainly not. I can see a Helmut Lang reference in every collection he does. This is probably why I can't take him seriously.

I don't know if was too much white, but with different hair and makeup I think would have liked a little more...

I quite liked this collection. It reminded me of a goddess wrapped in the elements. Very ethereal.

All i can say is, at least he is trying something new. Most people may not like the collection as a whole, but you have got to try different things. But i want Alexander to blow it out of the water when fall 2011 comes along.

WTH happened? It's too white. too boring, too minimal. I officially hate this minimalism trend. It doesn't work here at all. There's nothing remotely eye catching in here. I was so looking forward to this and it's so disappointing.

I'm not liking this. Helmut Lang and a dress Costa designed at CK in different fabric. there're really beautiful pieces here and there but I don't get the overall collection.

ill give him props for trying to get out of his comfort zone, but i cant say i loved it. I always come to view his clothes with the mindset that im most likely gonna be head over heels for everything and that im gonna find about 3 or 4 upcoming trends/pieces that will be knocked off by every fast fashion store in a couple months time, but aside from a few shoes (liked the timberland-ish boots and rope looking sandals) and maybe 4 pieces, i thought it was just alright.

quite like the boots hate all the mint green and brown looks!

Last edited by a moderator:
this is too 90s for me,very outdated. and i hate the sporty pants and uninspiring colours.

Although there was a few things i didnt like or understand..i LOVED the collection
i don't understand all this EXTREME hate going in this thread(Not for Nothing he's a CFDA Winner)
the styling was typical Wang, the Hair and make up though hideous fit perfectly, the shoes were gorgeous, the fabric choices were beautiful, the proportions(not including the ugly pant) were exceptional. The Painters overalls, the jackets, the loose silhouettes, color palette, textures....LOVED it all and it made me soo excited for SS 2011

i did not like the copper nor did i understand the pattern he was using....All in all a great collection

Alexander Wang Spring Summer 2011 Womenswear Full Fashion Show

I wait for this show every year
and I have to say this is only somewhat A. Wang
I was getting Calvin Klein, Rick Owens, Kris Van Assche, and then there was Alexander Wang...I am definitely disappointed but maybe it will grow on me in a week

Wow, the thread rating is 1 star out of 5? Really?

I thought it was OK. I thought there was too much white really, but when there was colour it was really nice. Like normal the styling was messy but look beyond this and I thought there were some nice pieces.

There were some real shockers too, though. The green jacket on Agyness was an abortion - I think the styling of the paint splattered pieces with the transparent jackets/macs was horrid, but I think the pieces underneath were OK I guess.

I think as a collection it kinda overwhelms the senses, it looks bit of an unhinged mess, but looking beyond this I see a lot of covetable pieces.

I know obviously a lot of people here hate the collection (or Alexander Wang in general), but I'm genuinely surprised it's quite so unpopular.

^ it's just the video that makes people thinking it's bad.
in the pictures those clothes look interesting and not bad at all.

I'm so dissapointed by the collection. but I guess I had too high hopes after SS10...

First? Hair and Make-up? It looked like they greased this stuff into the models hair you get when you colour yours! bah..

The colour pallette was boring, white all over. Then I missed a kind of shape in the clothes, some "dresses" just lay on the bodies with no fit.
The one thing I liked were the shoes.
But I miss my Wang :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->