Alexander Wang for H&M

christian zh

Reaction score
rXPjEOs.jpg

Alexander Wang announced his partnership with H&M on Saturday night ahead of a joint party at the Coachella Valley Arts and Music festival. Wang has been on a hot streak since showing his third collection for Balenciaga and now will be covering both ends of the fashion spectrum with the Swedish fast fashion retailer.

Wang made the announcement with a video on his newly debuted Instagram account at midnight EST. The video simply stated "Alexander Wang X HM."

-wwd.com

Well atleast it suits his aesthetics rather than Balenciaga

I never been so excited about h&m x dessigner collab! Can't wait to see what Wang would bring to the collections

I would have thought Balenciaga would try to keep him a little more exclusive for a while, but nope, full on 360° commercialization here. Exciting for H&M, this is huge. But yeah, the Wang collections range is already quite big and he's not that creative that I would expect him to do anything here that he hasn't already done for A. Wang, T by or Balenciaga. Still, this will probably be pretty good (almost certainly better than all the other recent H&M collabs) and a massive hit.

Well, this is going to sell for sure. He's a very commercial designer, right up H&M's street. Good stuff, look forward to seeing some pieces!

From the press release -

H&M has announced that the next designer collaboration will be with Alexander Wang. The announcement was made yesterday during an event at Coachella Music Festival in Palm Springs, USA. This partnership marks the first time that an American designer has teamed up with H&M for the much-anticipated designer collaboration.

Since it was launched on the runway in 2007, the New York based Fashion Designer’s eponymous brand has firmly established itself by perpetually evolving and re-contextualizing the urban uniform. Alexander Wang’s core sensibility is a reflection on contrasts, blending seamlessly between the refined and the imperfect. His collections have an unprecious outlook on fashion, and always reflect a sense of ease.

The Alexander Wang x H&M collection will feature apparel and accessories for women and men. Typical for his irreverent approach, Wang will also propose a new take on lifestyle products that go beyond fashion. The full collection will be available in 250 H&M stores worldwide, and online from 6th November, 2014.

Alexander Wang says, “I am honoured to be a part of H&M’s designer collaborations. The work with their team is an exciting, fun process. They are very open to pushing boundaries and to set a platform for creativity. This will be a great way for a wider audience to experience elements of the Alexander Wang brand and lifestyle.”

“Alexander Wang is one of the most important voices in fashion today. He understands exactly what people want to wear and does it with an energy and passion that’s infectious. It feels incredible to be collaborating with him this year,” says Margareta van den Bosch, H&M’s Creative Advisor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see this !! I would have never thought of him to make an H&M collection, but I'm sure he can do something really great. ^_^

Isn't T more jersey based...? It's mostly very simplistic.

I imagine this is going to resemble the main line in terms of the garments it will feature.

I'm going to start saving money for this! I hope there's a lot of black.

I CANNOT wait until the photographs of the pieces are released!! Guess I'll have to give up my vow of never camping the night before this comes out :rofl:

This will undoubtedly be a huge hit, probably H&M's biggest to date. I am interested in seeing the pieces he chooses to do for the collection, and how, because he is a brand H&M is already HEAVLY "influeneced" by. Plus unlike other designers that they have worked with in the past I feel Wang is even more popular in current zeitgeist and H&M's demographic, which could be a double edged sword (for some) as it will lead to huge sales but then you'll have a lot more H&M versions parading around with the originals than with past collabs.

I loathe crowds and lines so I'll be nowhere near this when it launches.

I'm so glad i don't shop at H&M anymore. I don't buy anything from Wang except his shoes and that's an item I would never buy from H&M.

This is a guaranteed sell through for H&M which, to be honest, they need. Margiela and even Marant was still on the racks months after the sale. They couldn't move that crap even for $20.

I'm sensing a formula here with H&M. I'll call it, "The Blogger Formula". If it's heavily worn in a blogger's uniform, best believe H&M will contact that designer and make a collection. Marant was first, now Wang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->