Alexander Wang S/S 2014 : Anna Ewers & Zuzu Tadeushuk by Steven Klein

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
MUp1dDU.jpg
WANG’S SPRING SURPRISE: Alexander Wang’s spring ready-to-wear campaign might not show a lot of the designer’s clothes, but it does reveal his sense of humor.

The ad, set to make its debut mid-month on the billboard located on Lafayette Street and Great Jones Street in New York, is set in a beat-up bathroom stall in The Old School in SoHo.

Featuring model Anna Ewers dressed in Wang’s spring looks, the campaign photos were shot by photographer Steven Klein with the creative bit dreamt up by Pascal Dangin of Kids Creative.

Although team Wang did not provide WWD with the billboard image, it did reveal an image that would appear in Wang’s irreverent digital campaign.

That image shows models Ewers and Zuzu Tadeushuk — or rather the feet of Ewers and Tadeushuk clad in Wang spring platform pumps — visible from the bathroom stall. Talk about a teaser.

“Since the spring-summer 2014 collection plays on the duality of naïveté and perverse explicitness in youth culture, we wanted to shoot the campaign in a very familiar environment most people grow up reminiscing about,” said Wang of his inspiration for the campaign. “I loved blurring the lines between censorship and humor.”

Karl Templer was responsible for the styling of the campaign with makeup, hair and manicure credits going out to Diane Kendal, Paul Hanlon and Gina Edwards, respectively.

Ads are set to run in spring issues of fashion mags such as Love, CR Fashion Book, Self Service and Interview magazine.
wwd.com

Thank you for the post Flashbang.

Great to see a young designer willing to take the initiative and play up campaign concepts once again, rather than spit out the usual, lazy, glorified catalogue shots of models just sitting there carrying 20 bags.

Hang your head in shame Muiccia.

Instantly reminds me of a shoe story from Interview April 2013 - "Occupied!" styled by Vanessa Chow - that was the same bathroom stall concept. I'm sure Karl working at Interview has no correlation with the similarities :ninja:. Anyways, it was more interesting then.

Love the direction they're going in here.

Can't wait to see the other shots considering that both Anna and my new favorite, Zuzu are featured, love seeing two new girls who suit the brand fantastically rather than Malgosia once again.

Wang and Klein always bring the most alluring and eye-catching concepts for fashion advertising! This is a brilliant teaser! Congrats! :woot:

Might be a part of the appeal, but I don't like the curve of the image wish it was kind of dead on and straightened, that's just me though.

wow what a radiance - love the facial expressions:wub: - my fav - Anna :lol: the make up artists did a good job :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was not excepting to see two newer girls featured in the campaign but I actually can't wait to see the finished campaign. One thing at bothers me about Wang's campaign are tester :rolleyes: just wish he would release atleast on finished image besides the models feet lol

Very tongue in cheek - I love it! I'm really intrigued to see more.

Alexander Wang S/S 2014 by Steven Klein
models: Anna Ewers & Zuzu Tadeushuk

tumblr_mz5rkzFylp1sstpxlo1_1280.jpg

givenchy-god.tumblr.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Anna looks amazing! The sweater isn't my favorite, but it was bound to be in the campaign.

so surprised! i'd never expected his ad this good.

OMG I love this! Getting some serious Claudia Schiffer vibes from Anna. She looks amazing and just the right amount of provocative!

Interesting campaign concept. I just want to see more pictures.

That new shot is so cool. Methinks this may be Wang's best campaign yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->