Alexander Wang S/S 2014 : Anna Ewers & Zuzu Tadeushuk by Steven Klein

i love that campaign but those young models looks so wrong taken by Steven Klein, Anna doesn`t have that powerful strong appeal which have all steven klein women. she just ruins the whole darkness of Klein universe

Anna Ewers is the perfect choice for a bad girl concept and this is so typical SK. Love it.

When Amy Poehler spreads her legs on the cover of Elle it's suddenly an unfortunate look and when a young girl does it wearing a shirt with 'Parental Advisory' while sitting on a sink in a public bathroom it's stunning and provocative... Really... Really?!? Something it not right with this world.

But all joking aside, I think Anna is not the right girl for this. The picture is not bad at all but her Lolita-esque features makes this all a bit uncomfortable, especially with her head tilted back like that as if she is about to be attacked. But I guess that's the point with the 'Parental Advisory' theme of the collection.

I also think that Steven Klein's icy blue sleekness is not a good fit. Imagine this shot by Terry Richardson with his 'cheap' grittiness or even by Juergen Teller with is 'intellectual' grittiness. With a more secure looking model it would've elevated this to a whole other level.

Totally agree, mikel. That shot is cringe-inducing. I'm not buying her badass image at all. She has zero sex appeal, just looking awkward and untamed. And to be honest, I thought it was Hanne Gaby when I saw it on instagram.

However, I do like the bathroom concept and Klein's cold atmosphere.

I love the bathroom stall shot, this campaign looks very promising. Anna's solo is cause for Parental Advisory indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anna looks fantastic, so sexy and powerful. But i'm not digging the vibe of this campaign, it kinda reminds of Miley on that "23" video.

That shot of Anna is just... grotesque. I don't see anything "bad ***" about it, she looks in pain and uncomfortable. This could have been good but her body language just isn't right.

Love our tFS men, especially nice to see you guys speak out against this! I agree there's nothing provocative or shocking about it, it's just vulgar and unappealing.

^ Same here. I don't find the images striking or sexy at all. I am quite surprised that so many people like it. I'm afraid that I don't get the "concept" of the campaign- if there was any...

I don't know how exactly I feel about this campaign. There is smth. really disgusting about it, but you can't deny, it's quite eye-catching. I agree with some of you that Anna is not the best choice for this campaign, I'd rather see, say, Malgosia. It would feel more powerful and organic imo

I like this a lot. I don't see anything unappealing about it, it ended up being the way it should, provocative as the collection. If someone finds it vulgar, I personally see that as an overreaction since none of the pictures are even close to being "erotic", and that wouldn't be vulgar either. Actually, I was not expecting it to look this good, the casting fits like a glove, the compositions are amazing, love the dark mood as well. The whole thing is just playing with pop culture, and it achieves catching your eye whether you like it or not. At the end of the day it's just fashion, and (sometimes) fashion just like a art, shouldn't care too much about people's pristineness. This will sell well, I'm sure.

Actually scratch that, I hate it. It looks like Anna just spotted a serial killer in the ladies room and is about to be attacked.

I like this a lot. I don't see anything unappealing about it, it ended up being the way it should, provocative as the collection. If someone finds it vulgar, I personally see that as an overreaction since none of the pictures are even close to being "erotic", and that wouldn't be vulgar either. Actually, I was not expecting it to look this good, the casting fits like a glove, the compositions are amazing, love the dark mood as well. The whole thing is just playing with pop culture, and it achieves catching your eye whether you like it or not. At the end of the day it's just fashion, and (sometimes) fashion just like a art, shouldn't care too much about people's pristineness. This will sell well, I'm sure.

Amen.

Just found great UHQs! :D
Enjoy you guys! :woot:

source: fashionologie.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for the full set of images to pop up. It's such a humorous, fun, badass, ad campaign. Steven Klein did a fantastic job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->