All About Producing Fashion Shows ... Please read post #1 before posting.

okay scratch that the theme is going to be the Red Campaign re: Aids in Africa...does anyone have any good names for the show!

I took the liberty of moving this thread into the Careers & Education forum. While carriefever was technically discussing a collection, there was no visual collection or particular designer to be discussed.

Hopefully in this forum you will be able to get the assistance of other members from tFS who may have been in a similar situation, or have worked such events before. Hope this helps you find the answers you're looking for. :flower:

Charity Fashion Show Names!!!

hey guys...if you have ANY ideas...we decided to donate the proceeds to a local charity (homeless shelter) and we want to use the theme re: mission: impossible but tie it into fashion so...mission: ????

the colour theme is black and red?

Fashion show music

My friend is having her graduation fashion show this late June, now she still can't find a suitable background music. Her theme is something about armor, soldier, any songs recommend??

Interesting idea.. Er.. All I could come up with though, is "Wind it up" by Gwen Stefani :rofl: because of the beats and trumpets.. kind of sounds like marching. Plus it's based on that Sound of Music movie, with Julie Andrews as the head of the army of little children :ninja: Is this menswear?

btw Welcome to tFS! :lucky:

Interesting idea.. Er.. All I could come up with though, is "Wind it up" by Gwen Stefani :rofl: because of the beats and trumpets.. kind of sounds like marching. Plus it's based on that Sound of Music movie, with Julie Andrews as the head of the army of little children :ninja: Is this menswear?

btw Welcome to tFS! :lucky:

nope, it's womenswear.

Bamboo Banga - M.I.A.
It's not really soldier-ish but it sounds jungle-ey...:D

There are some great marching band tunes available on LimeWire and such which can easily be mixed with a beat. Or you can look for old warsongs like Johnny Comes Marching Home Again....Like was used in Galliano F/W 0405:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfsw9oRPI4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pybNmLU1Zo

Or if you wanna toughen it up, I am thinking (a remixed perhaps) Soldier by Destiny's Child or perhaps even Soulja Boy (eww :lol: )

Good luck!

runway design

Hello I was wondering if there is a cheaper way to create a reflective runway like the ones commonly used in Milan. Also what materials are commonly used which arent slippery?

foiled0926a.jpg

refinery.com

vs1.jpg

splendidcity.com

In the first pictures it seems like there are mirrors on the runway, its not that expensive, its better if the runway is not that long of course. But you can call your local mirror supplier, they sell mirrors on different sizes and they can cut it out to your own needs, there are different types of mirror and the price depend on how thick they are and the finishing, but plain ft2 mirrors are on the cheap side. For the slippery part then you should scratch the models shoes so they have a better grip.

in the other two pictures fromt he top row, there seems to be a type of reflective paint ont he runway, a metallic type would do the trick, i think that is the cheapest of them all but make sure your runway is made of good quality wood and that it is smooth, otherwise all imperfections will show through paint.

In the VS runway, theres always tons of glitter, theres always glitter flying off but there seems to be a coat that its glued to the runway, probably the most expensive way and the messiest too, i wouldnt recommend it.

Thanks alot! Let me go and ask my mirror supplier about the shapes

I hope it's not too out of topic..
Here's Julie Mannon from KCD whose in charge of show production.

US Bazaar Fashion Week Runway Report F/W 10.11

youkioske

i believe it hard depends on the designer... i mean if your chanel its easy. if your a young designer its very hard.

Using songs at fashion shows

I was invited to show at an international fashion show and was wondering what music to use. What kind of steps does one need to follow in the US? Does one have to get special permission or can I use songs that I have bought legally online?

I actually have no idea about permission for using music in shows and how it's done.

But I think where you need to start is to go to the sites where you buy music and read the fine print. It's likely that they will cover using it in a public place in their terms and conditions. If not, just ask them about your rights to use any music you but and whether or not you may use it in a fashion show.

In all reality, most likely they owner of the copyrights (the actual artists or the publishing companies) won't ever learn about it. But you are correct to ask.

Congrats on being invited to show!! That must be exciting!

Contact your show producer. They should be able to advise you, and may have a performance license already.

You can try searching for "public performance rights for music" for info.

A colleague produced a show and then cut a video using free music he found online. The music was such good quality, I assumed he had paid for it.

One thing I would say is, if you do decide to make your own music, or you're going to have an accomplished friend write and perform something for you, or whatever, remember the models have to walk to it. I've seen so many shows where the designer chooses some really moody, evocative song that the models literally couldn't walk to. The models come stomping down the runway, and you hear shoe heels pounding the runway over sensitive, pianissimo music. You may be able to get something performed live, too. I saw a show where the designer used a string quartet performing Bach. One of the best musical choices for runway I ever saw was live sax plus conga. The musicians were excellent, they played up-tempo, it was very successful. Not that you asked for music advice, but maybe some alternatives if you get stuck with performance rights issues.

Good luck.

Music for fashion shows

I have a fashion show coming up in the US and want to use some popular music. I was wondering if there are regulations against just using any song for a fashion show do you need to get a special permit or pay?
coz here we dont have such regulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->