tFS Fashion Photographers - Share Your Work. Before Posting, please read Post #1

pamelaz

Reaction score
Moderator's Note:

This thread is for tFS members who are fashion photographers to post their images and to ask for critiques, if they want. Please post the images rather than a link to your site. You may have a link in your permanent signature so that others may go there, if they wish.

Please restrict the size of images to no larger than 800 pixels wide and if you are posting a series of images, place spaces between each of them. Images posted without spaces between them will post horizontally as one large image and it destroys the page format for many of our members, making the entire page difficult to view.

Photographer here.. slowly.. struggling... trying to climb my way up. It's all part of the fun. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought I'd share 2 pictures from my latest shoot. :flower:

hi pamela....welcome.....thanks for sharing your work,tell us more about your work and who u like as a photogrpaher,etc.......

I do fashion and beauty work, but currently am doing all types of odd end photography jobs to pay the bills (headshots for actors, freelance client work, helping other photographers). It’s a forever gradual build so it’s always exciting and obviously sometimes frustrating. I’m currently in Pittsburgh, but am moving to NYC this May as Pittsburgh is not… eh a fashion hot-spot *laughs*. NYC was always the dream, it just happened I ended up building a career that there would be no better place to call home. I’m also continuing my education at the School of Visual Arts there. I’m young (21) so right now it’s just about getting my work out there for anyone to see -building, improving, submissions, networks, building, sending out promos to everyone and their mother, building, etc etc etc. I love what I do, I wouldn’t change it for the world (even when I am poor).

Photographers I love? Already mentioned here, but Steven Meisel definitely. Michael Thompson (pretty much the whole Jed Root cast), Joshua Jordan, Javier Vallhonrat, Tesh, Mert and Marcus, Gaetan Caputo, Sarah Silver, Sacha Dean Biyan, Bonnie Holland, David Lachapelle, Karina Taira, Irving Penn, Helmut Newton… the list is endless, there’s so much talent out there that truly inspires me.

:flower: :D

hey pamela thanks for sharing your toughts and i hope u good luck in NY!!!

hey pamela i went to your website, you have some cool stuff! what do you shoot with? i am an aspiring photographer also. also do some styling, i just finished a styling assisting job with maxim mag, it was fun! heres some photos i took recently.

kelly01_5x7_450px.jpg
kelly04_5x7b_450px.jpg

Thanks all. :flower:

My website isn't completely up to date. It's currently being redesigned by a pair of web designers and it appears to be taking forever. :innocent:

Smashinfashion, Nice work! I like the elegance and the lighting - it works perfect for this. I shoot medium format - Mamiya RZ - I wouldn't shoot with anything else, I love it.. even if it's a beast and I can't hand hold it for more than 2 minutes without my arms turning to jello. :lol:

hey smashinfashion,very nice work (the model looks a little bit like brazilian ana hickman) and welcome here.....can we see more of your work and also of your styling job???

bye

thanks, more of my stuff is at http://www.jessicadell.com but its all kind of old and i need to shoot more. the maxim spread will be out in june i'll post it then.

pamela- im in the market for a medium format right now, ive been watching ebay for a used 645 or something, i need one so bad!

smashinfashion said:
pamela- im in the market for a medium format right now, ive been watching ebay for a used 645 or something, i need one so bad!

Yeah, I got my RZ from ebay as well, couldn't beat the price and the brand new quality but not brand new price. Good luck finding one. :smile:

okay...here is a place for members to post their FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY...

post 'em if you got 'em...:wink:

:flower:

wow pamelaz i love the last posts the grey is haunting!!!!i also love th eother work posted smashinfashion has that retro thing in her work and whatyasee thats some good catwalk photography especially the face shots one wud think she posed for you. man catwalk is one area am really BAD at never had any good runway shots ever!!anyone with some tricks?

pamelaz..what is the link to your site? i can't find it in this thread.

smartinfashion...your work is great! i love your site, so easy to navigate.
the colors you get are amazing!

so i'm sort of in the exact same position as pamela...
i've been a professional photographer for about 6 years
and i've done everything from normal, boring photojournalism
to accident documentation for insurance companies. (eek!)
album artwork for bands, catalog photography for designers, things like that.
i also use a medium format (hassleblad 500C)
and a 35mm: pentax K1000. i never use digital unless the paper asks me to.

ok, here is some of my stuff.

.francesca said:
pamelaz..what is the link to your site? i can't find it in this thread.

http://www.pamelareed.com :flower:

It's just been redesigned.. and some things still have to be uploaded/created. I also took down alot of my old work. Thank you for your comments on my work too.

^ awesome, thanks!

your site looks good..i'm collecting ideas for my site, if i can ever get it up and running :smile:

francesca, i really like what you posted! especially the third picture with this mixture of movement and stillness and the clean light and dark colours.
you should be proud^_^

thanks so much annak...i'm glad you noticed the light and dark colors..it's always something i pay a lot of attn to when i take pictures..it's nice to know it's not all for naught!

thanks again, it means a lot to me!

:heart:

with my confidence renewed... :smile:

here are a couple more from that same group of photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waldzios
Back