All About Retail: Sales Associates, Management, etc.

Metropark-job

Hi I am 16 and there is a Metropark(clothing store) opening up in my area in the next few weeks and I know they are going to need employees. My question is do they start hiring at 16. I would highly appreciate a response thanks.

i love metropark.d oes anyone know their employee discount. i've tried applying there twice and never heard from them. i honestly think you have to be 18.

where i work at armani exchange you don't need to be 18 to work. had i known sooner i would have applied when i was 17 and stuff.

Well I know they are going to need people to work there so I will apply anyways. There is no shame in trying.B)

Diorling said:
JC Penney is probably minimum wage or just above, whilst LV is like 13 +.

Oh yes, seem very chic, if you don't have an amazing bag, don't take one, it's shallow but Im serious, they take everything into account. Also imitate the store's dress code (which is normally a black suit with black and more black, so they think "she'll fit in perfectly"
I happen to be a misses retail associate at JcPenney's thankyou! haha, it's an "alright" job I guess. Just something to help get me through college for a real career one day. We actually have to dress preety nice, due to a new dress code but the pay is actually good as compared to other department stores. I started out making $6.00 hr but my manager uped me to $7.75 in only three weeks! I've almost been there for a year, so the time is coming for my annual raise & hopefully getting promoted & making $8-$10 hr. *crosses fingers* I can't say I like the clothes that much, I'm a college student but I still have expensive taste. lol, lucky for me though I've learned to manage my money wisely. I only receive 20% of merchandise & for every credit card application I process I get an additional $5.00 off so I have tons of dirt cheap bras and tops, it's great!

I would love to work at a better high end boutique, but I'm from a small town in Georgia so there's no hope for that. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an interview at Club Monaco today, was just wondering if anyone had advice last minute, thanks!

jeffrey0806 said:
i love metropark.d oes anyone know their employee discount. i've tried applying there twice and never heard from them. i honestly think you have to be 18.

where i work at armani exchange you don't need to be 18 to work. had i known sooner i would have applied when i was 17 and stuff.
Working for Metropark SUCKS!! They don't give any discount & instead of comission you get store credit; this doesn't work out very well for most SA's. One of my former employees went to work there & left after 2 weeks because of the lack of compensation (she was expected to wear the clothes).

Anyone who has to go through an online application, sometimes they have a questionnaire about your personality. You should give the BEST answers because there is a score at the end that you don't see but the employer sees and if you score low then they won't even look at your application.

I did that when I worked for a video store. Anyway, right now I work for Limited Brands--Bath & Body Works. As an associate, I get coached a lot with my selling technique. I also get pushed to sell even though I don't get commision. It really doesn't benefit me much, but I'm a people-pleaser and I don't want my managers getting p.o.'d. They don't give many hours. I already put my two weeks in because I'm not going anywhere with that job.

I agree that product knowledge is important when selling. Having a good attitude is too. You want to look like you're excited about helping the customer--even if you have to fake it.

'I sold my soul to the devil and all I got was 50% off this lousy t-shirt'

-- Latest LVHM staffwear

I started out making $6.00
:shock::shock::shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rightguard said:
Mayim do you know what age Metropark starts hiring?
I'm not sure. I'm a store manager (not of Metropark), and it's my understanding that we have to hire anyone who's qualified, as long as they are legally old enough to work (usually 16).

Just to let you all know, I love ZARA and I was talking to an SA because I was thinking about making a switch *WARNING* they don't even get a discount until they work there for 6 months and then its 15%!!!

I very interested in working for a progressive brand like comme des garcons, particularly in one of their guerilla stores....does anyone know anyone that works in one of them, or for comme des garcons? do you need to know japanese? what is the best way to break into high-end retail, across the board??
thanks!:flower:

mcswirlgirl said:
I did that when I worked for a video store. Anyway, right now I work for Limited Brands--Bath & Body Works. As an associate, I get coached a lot with my selling technique. I also get pushed to sell even though I don't get commision. It really doesn't benefit me much, but I'm a people-pleaser and I don't want my managers getting p.o.'d. They don't give many hours. I already put my two weeks in because I'm not going anywhere with that job.

I agree that product knowledge is important when selling. Having a good attitude is too. You want to look like you're excited about helping the customer--even if you have to fake it.

do they search you when you go home at night? sometimes ive seen the assistants being searched that work at express.

Does anyone have any experience with Neiman's? I have an interview on Thursday! What to wear? Say? Help!

lucy92 said:
do they search you when you go home at night? sometimes ive seen the assistants being searched that work at express.

yes they do. They have to look in our bags outside of the store. they aren't allowed to search through with their hands though. but i have bbw products in my purse that i bought and they're always like, "ok cool..." so it's like how would they know if i stole something or not? well, one of the managers told me that there's a history they can look up of items the employee bought.

mcswirlgirl said:
yes they do. They have to look in our bags outside of the store. they aren't allowed to search through with their hands though. but i have bbw products in my purse that i bought and they're always like, "ok cool..." so it's like how would they know if i stole something or not? well, one of the managers told me that there's a history they can look up of items the employee bought.

I work at Victoria's Secret (also a Limited Brand Company)and my manager searches through my bag with her hands...is she not supposed to do that?

I've been told that they aren't allowed to search through with their hands, but I can ask my manager about details on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->