Amber Anderson

Faith Akiyama

Staff member
Reaction score
Model who just opened Christopher Kane S/S 2011 - Thanks to JSYK for the ID! ETA: She is with TESS in London.

style.it

Height: 178cm
Bust: 86cm
Waist: 65cm
Hips: 89cm
Shoe: 6.5 UK
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green

It's very interesting because she possesses the same feel as Arizona, who was selected to open another Russell-Marsh-cast show - BCBG - back in NY.

I'm always intrigued when TFS doesn't have anything on a girl :wink: Or perhaps it's a name change? We shall see...

Last edited by a moderator:
she's British and with Tess in London :flower:

i think she looked boring (or at least very awkward) at Kane... dunno what to make of her

wlx6cn.jpg

models.com

^I totally overlooked her showcard because TESS' package wasn't in alphabetical order! :lol: Thank you!

Oh, I've known of her for a few years now and it was such a pleasant surprise to see her open Christopher Kane. She's Scottish and her mother agency is The Model Team in Glasgow.

What an surprise! I've liked Russel's choice of relatively unknown bushy-browed, brunette girls for most coveted opening slots this season. Though he usually adheres to a similar aesthetic, girls like Amber and Arizona's showlists could be very interesting come Milan and Paris.

Strangely, I find Amber way more intriguing than Arizona. That photo doesn't make her justice, she looked better in motion. I find interesting the direction Marsh is taking this season, not the most likeable but it's certainly intriguing and different, favoring bushy brunettes instead of bleach blondes.

Oh but lawd did she looked awkward at Kane! She either desperately needs to fix her posture in general or she was just nervous for her first runway show. Either way not a good look in the runway pictures but I think she has such a lovely face (like in this backstage picture :heart:) that I can't wait to see what happens with her!

backstage at Christopher Kane S/S 11 London
amberandersonckanelndss11o3a.jpg

*vogue.it

Oh and she got a very interesting write-up on vogue.co.uk (it's old, it was meant for the S/S 10 season but still:(

Amber is an actress and has just secured her first role in Your Highness with Natalie Portman. She is also an impressive grade eight pianist and has shot the latest Jack Wills campiagn with Venetia Scott.

^ Yeah, that's her! Had to look up the movie because vogue.co.uk wrote it's with Naomi Watts (took it upon myself to fix it :lol:).

She was also in a television commercial for an online dating website earlier this year, which is slightly amusing because I don't think she was even old enough to use one when she filmed it.

^ :innocent: You mean this one? It's actually sort of cute. :lol: And I think it's safe to presume that's Amber's voice in the ad, she's like multi talented or something according to her agency, obviously giving modeling a try, acting, playing the piano and singing as well.

Oh wow. She looks heavenly in that ad.
I like the fact that Amber is trying different artistic areas. VERY talented.

Regarding her appearence at Christopher Kane, I thought she did good.
I somehow like that she look quite snobby when she turned around. So not model-like but that's why I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvvnfvK6Hu8

An article from 2007. She was discovered through a Sugar Magazine modelling competition.

975.photo.jpg

A FORRES teenager currently studying at Aberdeen City Music School, has won through to the final of a modelling competition being run by a teen magazine.

advertising

Former Moray Steiner School pupil, Amber Anderson (14), who plays violin and piano, is featured in a photoshoot in the March issue of the "Sugar" teen magazine along with the five other finalists who qualified.

She is now hoping that readers will vote for her ahead of the other finalists to be the winner of the 2007 Sugar Magazine Rimmel London Model Competition, an annual event which scours the UK to find the teen face of "Sugar" magazine.

Amber and the other girls were chosen from almost 11,000 entries, by a panel of judges from the magazine and ICM Models, which represents a number of top supermodels.

Her dad Nick, who lives in Forres, said that she was keen to pursue a career in the performance arts industry and was trying to take it all in her stride.

"She is finding the whole thing very exciting," he said. "Especially the possibility of a modelling career."

He told the "Forres Gazette" that Amber had gone on the train to a roadshow event being held in the Braehead Shopping Centre in Glasgow last October to enter the competition after being dared by a friend, and made quite an impression.

"While she was waiting in the queue she was approached by a talent scout who saw her," he said. "She did the competition and ended up as a finalist. She went down to London in November for the photoshoot."

Annabel Brog, who is magazine editor, said Amber caught the eye of the judges because of her striking natural good looks.

"So many of the girls who entered the competition in Glasgow were stunning and the overall standard was exceptional this year," she said. "But forced to select just six, we felt that Amber has that spark that could lead to a career in modelling and had the look that best represents the Sugar reader."

Ellis, Director of ICM Models said Amber had a beautiful smile, a fresh and natural face, a lovely personality and was driven to succeed.

Amber Anderson -hoping to become the face of 'Sugar' magazine.

Amber said that she had thoroughly enjoyed the competition so far.

"The Sugar shoot was amazing," she said. "The other girls were such a laugh and the make-up artist taught me how to do smoky eyes. I'd love it if Sugar readers voted for me. I'd love to model professionally and it would mean so much to me to win this competition."

Amber has wanted to be a model for years but didn't think she had what it takes, until a friend persuaded her to enter the competition. If she doesn't make it as a model she wants to be a classical pianist or actress and says Erin O'Connor and Claudia Schiffer are her most admired models.

Amber is the only Scottish finalist in the competition and is hoping to win against the other finalists: Lisa Sabel (14) from Manchester, Francesca Thomas (15) from Sheffield, Leah Rose (14) from Basingstoke, Sian Morgan (14) from Merseyside and Emily McLeish (14) from Leicester.

Sugar readers will now vote for their favourite from the six girls and whoever wins will have a starring role in a Sugar beauty story and the chance of a modelling contract with top agency "ICM Models" which represent supermodels such as Claudia Schiffer, Lizzy Jagger, Erin O'Connor, Elizabeth Hurley and Helena Christensen.

Readers can vote for their favourite finalist on the website: http://www.sugarmagazine.co.uk/modelcomp. The competition closes at midnight on Tuesday, February 20 when votes will be counted and the winner will be announced.

Sugar is published by Hachette Filipacchi UK and sells 200,187 copies a month and is read by nearly 800,000 teenagers.

forres-gazette.co.uk

Was flipping through the ginormity that is VI Sept 2010 and noticed a familiar face! ^_^

Vogue Italia Beauty, September 2010
ph: Sølve Sundsbø

amberandersonvogueitaliabeautysept2010bysolvesundsbo.jpg

*managementartists.com

Love her look :heart:
Her Italian Vogue shot is gorgeous, reminds of Rasa, same kind of vibe

She's with OUI Management in Paris

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member