Model Casting F/W 10.11

I thought the casting at London F/W was just blah. Milan was exciting with Prada, but Paris was the real party.

True, the casting in Paris was way better than Milan. Its the case everyseason imo

I see ppl complaining about London, it's unfair, though. How should London fashion week be able to request supermodels like Doutzen or Ale? So much girls are skipping London and ppl there try their best to make the casts look expensive. Same to New York except power houses such as Calvin, Marc, Zac or Ralph. If you as "Topshop London" don't have the same possibilities casting-wise as Vuitton & Loewe has, you make the best of it and London ****ing does.

I read somewhere that Russell Marsh cast Hakaan F/W 10 in London, not sure if it's true or not

Kannon Rajah cast Pedro Lourenco F/W 10 in Paris and will hopefully continue to do so, solid cast of newbies :heart:

Kannon works for John Pfeiffer (according to his bio on MDC).

They were both backstage at Akris, so obviously assuming they cast that show together too.
They both did the casting for Hussein Chalayan as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the best shows in casting terms this season were:

Alexander Wang
Oscar de la Renta
Emilio Pucci
Donna Karan
Louis Vuitton
Bottega Veneta
Max Mara
Givenchy
Christian Dior
Prada
Dolce

Does anyone know what casting directors favored what models during F/W 2010?

Unfortunately, that one's not true. Hakaan was done by Mert & Marcus and Edward Enninful. :flower:

Thanks for confirming my suspicions! :flower: Weirdly enough the article mentions Edward (as stylist) and Mert & Marcus (in the front row) yet singles out Marsh for casting. I was doubtful though because of some of the girls in the cast so thanks again for confirming.

Kannon works for John Pfeiffer (according to his bio on MDC).

They were both backstage at Akris, so obviously assuming they cast that show together too.
They both did the casting for Hussein Chalayan as well.

Hey guys,
Kannon does work with John Pfeiffer but has started to cast his own shows... Fendi he cast by himself... as well as the other ones in his profile.. Have updated his profile.

Betty
MDC

shows that Angus Munro cast in F/W 10 that aren't listed on the first page (unsure if he usually does them or not:(

Alexandre Herchcovitch NYC
DAKS London
Mary Katrantzou London
Monique Lhuillier NYC

^Thanks for the additions - extra FYI for Mr-Dale when he edits: Angus himself actually wasn't in NY this season and Noah Shelley cast his shows instead (Including Preen).

^Thanks for that! Did he do his London shows, or was that someone else as well?

Not entirely sure if this is the best place to put this but does anyone think that the casting for Chanel HC 10/11 has undergone a change. I got the general feeling that some of the previous regulars weren't there and that some of the new models are kind of leading in a new direction. I just can't exactly place my finger on where.

Yeah Yulia K and Anna Selezneva walked Chanel for the first time after so many seasons! His favourites Edita and Frida weren't there though. Natasha has opened two Chanel shows in a row now, I'm scared Karl's getting obsessed, Natasha's everywhere as it is without her being in all of Karl's ads.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I know I'm scared about Karl's near obsession with Natasha as well.

Vlada didn't walk a Chanel show yet again this couture season. :( Last time she did was Shanghai and before that it was fw09 couture. I guess she's no longer on Karl's go-to model list. But who knows, I mean Natasha was nowhere to be seen on a Karl runway since fw09 and then BAM! she opens Cruise.

Vlada is getting out of demand on both print and from season to season she's been losing her runway key bookings which is a pity cause she's always been a gread addition to the castings capturing different looks pretty well.

As for the Karl-obsession thing, on the one hand his casting is really predictable, but then again he's one of the only designers who actually has favorites and uses them regulary (unlike Maidi and Rami in some cases; Miuccia, and actually the whole route that's been casted by RM).. I prefer Karl's ways instead of seeing former "muses" fading so quickly (like Ranya to Mert & Marcus or Karolin Wolter to Maidi and Rami)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->