Costume Institute Gala 2012 : Schiaparelli & Prada : Impossible Conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolaSvelt

Reaction score
It's that time of the year again! It's tomorrow evening, here is some information:
The Party of the Year Returns: The Work of Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada to Be Celebrated this Spring at the Met

The Costume Institute of The Metropolitan Museum of Art announced Wednesday that their spring2012 exhibition will be Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada: On Fashion, a fascinating exploration of these two Italian designers from two very different eras, in a format inspired by Miguel Covarrubia's "Impossible Interviews" published in Vanity Fair in the 1930s. The exhibition, which will be curated by the Costume Institute's curator in charge, Harold Koda, and curator, Andrew Bolton, will feature approximately 80 designs by Schiaparelli (1890-1973) from the late 1920s to the early 1950s and the work of Ms. Prada from the late 1980s to present. Set to open on May 10th, the grand unveiling will be preceded by the annual Costume Institute Benefit Gala, co-chaired this spring by actress Carey Mulligan, designer Miuccia Prada, and Anna Wintour, the Editor in Chief of Vogue. Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com, will serve as honorary chair. While the guest list for the party of the year is yet to be announced, Baz Luhrmann will be the exhibition and gala's creative consultant. He will be joined by Nathan Crowley, who will serve as production designer, and Raul Avila, who has overseen the benefit's magnificent decor since 2007.
  • Considering Miuccia Prada is the honoree of the evening, expect a lot of Prada on the red carpet. Carey Mulligan, a Prada muse who even wore Prada at her recent nuptials, will undoubtedly be wearing the Italian designer.
  • Alexander Wang is attending with Azealia Banks. She will be wearing one of his custom creations and performing at the event.
  • Proenza Schouler is dressing Isabel Lucas, Joseph Altuzarra is dressing Lana Del Rey, and Erdem Moralioglu is taking Arizona Muse.
  • Balmain’s Oliver Rousteing is taking Joan Smalls. I’ll let her choose, because everything looks good on her anyway,” the designer told Fashionista. “So it’s a surprise for me too [what she'll be wearing]!”
  • According to Style.com, Rachel Zoe and Rodger Berman are taking Karolina Kurkova and Thakoon Panichgul will be taking actress Christina Ricci.
  • According to Elle.com, Sports Illustrated cover girl Kate Upton will be attending the big event with Michael Kors. Jessica Alba, Hillary Swank and Liu Wen will be there in Kors as well.
  • Donna Karan is bringing cartoon supermodel Polly Bean, who is the creation of famed cartoonist Neil Kerber. “To be invited to attend the Met Ball as one of Donna Karan’s special guests and to be dressed by such an icon (like myself)….what more could any girl want?” Bean reportedly "said". “I did a fitting with DKNY PR GIRL at the Donna Karan headquarters and we connected straight away…This is just what tends to happens when two incredible personalities meet up….it’s chemistry!” Well, that would be interesting to see.
  • Derek Lam is taking Katharina Harf, co-founder and executive vice president of DKMS Americas, an organization that hosts the largest bone-marrow-donor center in the world.
  • Lauren Santo Domingo will wear an Oscar de la Renta dress, reported MO Magazine.
  • One model going against "Met protocol" is Coco Rocha, who will be wearing vintage Givenchy and attending with her husband. She told the New York Post, "This is actually the first time I've ever worn something that wasn't fitted by the designer himself. I did take the vintage Givenchy piece to my friend Zac Posen and to Vogue and they all agreed that it fits perfectly, no need for tailoring!"
  • All Vogue editors will wear pink, paying tribute to one of the exhibit's subjects.
vogue, fashionfilesmag

Hailee Steinfeld, Nina Dobrev and Ashley Greene are also attending. Kate Bosworth, Kristen Stewart and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will all probably go, too. I hope Rooney Mara goes as she's filming in New York.

----------------------------------------------------------

Alexander McQueen - Florence Welch, Cate Blanchett, Gerard Butler
Alexander Wang - Azealia Banks
Balenciaga - Kristen Stewart, Logan Marshall Green, Ryan McGinley, Edward Enninful, Michael Govan, Gaspard Ulliel, Marie-Amélie Sauvé
Balmain - Joan Smalls
Burberry - Rosie Huntington Whiteley, Cara Delevigne, Jourdan Dunn, Casey Affleck, Mario Testino, Ryan Seacrest
Calvin Klein - Emily Blunt, Hanneli Mustaparta, Rosario Dawson
Carolina Herrera - Dianna Agron, Julianne Hough
Chanel - Stella Tennant, Poppy Delevingne, Sigrid Agren, Astrid Bergès-Frisbey
Christian Dior - Jessica Stam, Marion Cotillard
Christopher Kane - Shailene Woodley
Derek Lam - Katharina Harf
Diane Von Furstenberg - Lea Michele
Dolce & Gabbana - Scarlett Johansson, Bianca Brandolini d'Adda, Andrea Dellal, Giovanna Battaglia
Donna Karan - Polly Bean, Ashley Greene, Nina Dobrev
Elie Saab - Katherine McPhee
Erdem Moralioglu - Arizona Muse, Bee Shaffer
Escada - Emma Roberts, Heidi Klum
Fotini - Amy Poehler
Giambattista Valli - Amy Adams
Givenchy - Coco Rocha (vintage), Rooney Mara, Liv Tyler, Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Gisele Bundchen
Gucci - James Franco
Haider Ackerman - Constance Jablonski, Kasia Struss
J. Mendel - Claire Danes, Brooke Shields
Jason Wu - Karlie Kloss, Jaime King
Joseph Altuzarra - Lana Del Rey
L'Wren Scott - Jessica Paré
Lanvin - Emma Stone
Louis Vuitton - Dakota Fanning, Natalia Vodianova, Jessica Chastain
Marchesa - Leighton Meester, Sofia Vergara
Marc Jacobs - Alexa Chung, Lake Bell, Karen Elson
Mary Katrantzou - Elizabeth Banks, Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis, Beth Tisch
Michael Kors - Kate Upton, Jessica Alba, Hilary Swank, Liu Wen
Miu Miu - Chloe Sevigny
Monique Lhuillier - Gennifer Goodwin
Naeem Khan - Linda Fargo
Olivier Theyskens - Caroline Trentini
Oscar de la Renta - Lauren Santo Domingo
Prada - Carey Mulligan, Linda Evangelista, Amber Valletta, Kate Bosworth, Diane Kruger, Anne Vyalitsyna, Anna Wintour, Milla Jovovich, Angela Lindvall, Jessica Biel, Hugh Dancy
Proenza Schouler - Isabel Lucas
Pucci - Renee Zellweger
Rachel Roy - Solange Knowles
Rachel Zoe - Karolina Kurkova
Rag & Bone - Candice Swanepoel, Carmelo Anthony
Ralph Lauren - Tim Tebow, Michelle Dockery, Camilla Belle, Allison Williams
Rodarte - Kirsten Dunst
Roland Mouret - Doutzen Kroes
Stella McCartney - Cameron Diaz, M.I.A., Kristen Wiig
Tom Ford - Chanel Iman, Tom Brady, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna
Tory Burch - Liya Kebede, Rashida Jones, Brooklyn Decker
Thakoon Panichgul- Christina Ricci
The Row - Mary Kate Olsen
Valentino - Lily Collins, Sarah Jessica Parker
Vera Wang - Paula Patton
Versace - January Jones
Wes Gordon - Lena Dunham
Zac Posen - Amber Heard, Leslie Bibb

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for the livestream it puts the MET Ball red carpet coverage on a whole other level.
I also hope Rooney attends and wears the amazing black velvet Bottega dress. Marion Cotillard is New York too, I hope she'll attend as well.

some more
Vaccarello is taking Anja Rubik, who closed his Fall ‘12 show. Constance Jablonski, who spent dinner tête-à-tête with Kasia Struss, will be with Haider Ackermann. And Karlie Kloss, fresh from shooting in Bahia, will accompany Jason Wu. “He comes up to about my waist,” the Amazonian model said with a laugh. “But it’s his own fault. He picks the shoes!”

In other Met news, Roland Mouret will bring Doutzen Kroes, and Chanel will bring Gaspard Ulliel, the French actor who is the face of its Bleu de Chanel fragrance. Nordstrom’s table, hosted by Pete Nordstrom and Jeffrey Kalinsky, will seat several of the nights heavy hitters: Alexander Wang with Azealia Banks; Erdem Moralioglu with Arizona Muse; Rachel Zoe with Karolina Kurkova and Zoe’s husband Rodger Berman; and Thakoon Panichgul with Christina Ricci.
style.com

Oh yeah, I forgot about Constance in Haider. As of now, that's my most anticipated look along with Carey in Prada.

Kirsten Dunst left LA today, I'm pretty sure she's attending too.

oooh i'm excited to see what constance, karlie, and anja wear!

Mary-Kate Olsen is wearing Custom The Row, Joan Smalls is wearing Balmain (4 were made and she's making her own decision on what she'll wear, apparently).

I think Gwyneth Paltrow might be attending too.

Alexa Chung is going too, she said a few days ago she was having fittings! I Wonder what's she going to wear.

Ashley Greene & Nina Dobrev will both be in Donna Karan.

Guessing Kristen Stewart in Balenciaga & Rooney Mara in Givenchy

Chanel is bringing Gaspard Ulliel? Thank you Chanel :D

I'm excited! Especially for Constance in Haider. The Met Gala really has the only red carpet that doesn't consistently disappoint fashion-wise.

I cant wait! I hope a lot of my fashion faves attend: Rooney, Zoe Saldana, Cate Blanchett, Viola Davis, Jessica Chastain, Gwyneth, Felicity Jones, Keira Knightley, Michelle Williams, and others. I would love it if Emma Watson would go again but since she's back in the UK, I doubt it. As for guys, I would love it if Tom Hiddleston went. :crush:

Thanks for starting a thread, Lola! :smile:
Posted via Mobile Device

^Thanks!

I hope they keep the rift-raft away. I really don't want to see endless post-event press coverage of Kim Kardashian or Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->