Ann Demeulemeester

i've seen jennifer aniston and some other actress wearing her recently.....

^ Oh seriously?

Jennifer Aniston never striked me as a woman with that kind of personality.. The personality it takes to wear Ann's garments...

If you find some pictures, it would be much appreciated! :flower:

Baizilla said:
^ Oh seriously?

Jennifer Aniston never striked me as a woman with that kind of personality.. The personality it takes to wear Ann's garments...

If you find some pictures, it would be much appreciated! :flower:
Oh, oh, careful - I said the same thing in another thread, and I was made into a misogynist by the tFS feminist police.

Oh sorry.. then.. I'll take it back!

Let me paraphrase this then... "Jennifer Aniston never striked me as a woman who wears Ann."

:blush:

Baizilla said:
Oh sorry.. then.. I'll take it back!

Let me paraphrase this then... "Jennifer Aniston never striked me as a woman who wears Ann."

:blush:

Speaking of character, look on the internet for the Sep. 2003 Vogue where Nicole Kidman is decked out mostly in Ann Dem. throught the 20 page spread. That was AWESOME. She was wearing THE BOOTS in every shot ^_^.

Here is one from my blog. The original photo is from vogue magazine.

16.jpg

:woot:!

She is magnificent!... incredible styling as well..

she wears those combat boots so well :wub:

I could easily see her on the Ann Dem runway.. she's got the height!

There is just something about Nicole Kidman.. she is able to do the androgynous look better than anyone.. she also looked amazing in DH.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, neither Nicole nor Jennifer seem right for Anne..I think Tilda Swinton would match better w/ Anne than Viktor&Rolf..

but now we're going a lil bit off topic here..

Thanks for sharing your experience at the new store Melisande, from the description it sounds quite inspiring, and you look exquisite. :heart:

I have to agree with you Baizilla, from my very limited impression of Jennifer Aniston, she didn't strike me as someone who would wear Ann D either. I would love to see any pictures though.

But damn. That photograph of Nicole Kidman. :shock: Now that is an image that will stay in my head for a while. Such character, nonchalance, and strength in her eyes, the clothes, the pose, contrasted with the beautifully vulnerable exposed skin.. She pulls it off so well, much better than I would have thought... My mouth was literally a little open while I stopped and looked at the picture for a while :blush:. Okay I think I should stop swooning now, haha. Thanks for sharing faust.

Thank you everyone for the compliments...:blush: :blush:

It just occurred to me that Ann's aesthetic is perhaps actually more traditionally Japanese than most of the Japanese designers out there... She perfectly captures the spirit of wabi-sabi and mujo...the quiet yet deeply powerful beauty of transience, the soul made visible by the passing of time and patina, pared down shapes, sombre colors with exquisite nuances...you can see this in the ink paintings, ceramics, architechture, and tea ceremonies here in Japan...the whole city of Kyoto is a good example...in fact, it would have been perfect if Ann would have made her boutique in an old renovated traditional Japanese structure...:heart:

Don't want to sound pretentious, but I think specifically in Ann's case I enjoy seeing her clothes actually worn by people in the flesh than in photos...I think her clothes are actually created to complement movement, flesh, veins, muscles, wrinkles, transluscent skin, emotions, and whatever else comes with a living breathing human being. I guess it depends on the photography though. And I agree w/ Trophy about Tilda Swinton! :flower:

Honey~Blade said:
Melisande, please don't say anymore. I'm trying to save my money.

Oh God...lol...do I know what you mean :lol:....sigh:( .
As Salome says, "They say that love hath a bitter taste"... :heart:

i love how she drapes the fabric
her top parts are always great..sometimes im effy about the bottom part..just not i favor

i agree with you baizilla..about nicole i mean
one of my fav female celebs...definetly has a great aura that can pull off 'the look'

thanks for sharing, melisande:heart:

a small blurb from showstudio.com
17xAnn
demeulemeester_360x270.jpg

It's not only photographers that are accorded the key exhibition spaces of the Villa. The largest 'gallery' (in fact a converted swimming pool) is often given to a fashion designer. The first year SHOWstudio visited Hyères it was Karl Lagerfeld and this year, the presentation is by Belgian designer Ann Demeulemeester. Seventeen mannequins are dressed in a complete look from a series of her collections spanning fifteen years. Though Demeulemeester is famed for her predominantly black clothing, the presentation is restricted to black to emphasise the importance of detailing -the inclusion of small shells, feathers and opalescent buttons- in her work. In a nice curatorial touch, the dates are scribbled on the glass below in marker pen. Black, naturally.
By Penny Martin, 13:56 Saturday, 29 April

anyone here have any pictures of some snug fitting Ann clothing for men. Preferably blazers and suits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->