Anna Wintour (March 2010 - February 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unseen (to me) photo of Anna with her then boyfriend ( had NO idea they ever dated, wow!) Christopher Hitchens, in the 70s. From UK Harper's Bazaar, August 2011 issue, its from a book The House In France:

harpersbazaarukaugust2011annaandhitch1.jpg

storemags.com

Last edited by a moderator:
she dated christopher hitchens?? never heard of that before. i wonder if they are still in contact or not...

Looks better on her, but i still dont like that dress, even if its Balenciaga!

^great video, thanks for posting! i just wish it was longer, i always enjoy hearing her talk...

^i have never seen her at Elie Saab, for instance, and Alaia (obviously)....

Same here. I think she has a problem with Saab, perhaps a fight in the past or something? If you read reviews for older Elie Saab shows on style.com you would notice how they're quite negative and written in a sarcastic tone. I think Wintour might have had some influence on what the writers wrote about Saab shows. :ninja:

So I have to just share this with everyone here because I'm super excited about it but... I saw Anna Wintour yesterday! :woot: I hope you don't mind if I describe the encounter because I've never really seen someone famous who I consider my idol before and I don't know anyone who would understand how excited I was.

My mom and I were waiting in line at the Met for the Alexander McQueen exhibit which seemed to go on and on forever. We were standing near some very precious pieces of artwork and could see Monet’s waterlilies in the other room when I turned to say something to my mom. But then I felt a ripple effect sort of go through the crowd because everyone suddenly seemed to stand up straighter and went silent. And as I turned to the right there she was, my idol, Mrs. Anna Wintour! I couldn’t believe my eyes because it was such a shock. She was wearing a classic tweed Chanel dress (in a greenish color) and jacket with her iconic black sunglasses frames. And she seemed much shorter and tinier in person but at the same time quite grand and imposing. Very rarely it is said that Anna smiles however I did catch a little tinge of one as she spoke to the man next to her (someone else from Vogue but I haven’t quite figured out who it was yet even though I did recognize him). As she made her way through the hall with her little entourage I craned my neck just to catch one more glimpse of her. Honestly seeing her was so surreal that I almost feel like it was a bit of a dream. Like I dreamt this up however I know this isn’t so because my mother and the women next to us both reassured me it wasn’t. So seeing Anna Wintour was certainly a highlight of my trip (besides the glorious Alexander McQueen exhibit).^_^

oh,wow...so happy for you!and i totally get your excitement!i'd probably go numb and then pass out if i were you...i mean,it's Anna(only her and Madonna can get me that much starstuck)

^^omg, thanks for sharing this!! i'm really jealous! did you manage to take a pic of her, by any chance?

i also wonder why she was there, perhaps to see the exhibition again before it closes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks fashion debutant and Liberty33r1b! I wish I had gotten a picture but I didn't have enough time to whip out my camera before she was gone. I was wondering the same thing, why she was there, maybe to see the exhibit again or even something related to Vogue? It is after all the most popular exhibit the Met's ever had so maybe they want to honor that? Who knows. But yeah, I was so excited, practically bouncing up and down after she left the hall. Although I did manage to stay pretty composed while I was in her line of view mainly I think because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->