Anne Valérie Hash Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

The idea sounds very interesting, however not for Haute Couture. For Pret-a-Porter, this could have been a really genius idea. But this kind of experiment at the level of Couture, especially given the competition, is a shot-in-the-foot for Anne. Besides, these pieces are so unique, how does she intend to reproduce them? Without the pieces that were given to her, this collection becomes quite weak at the knees, don't you think?

see the slideshow
view full screen

PARIS, January 25, 2010

By Sarah Mower

As a still up-and-coming French designer struggling to build her ready-to-wear business, Anne Valérie Hash is unpretentious enough to know she hasn't the wherewithal to be a Paris couturier. "I can't do couture like Chanel or Dior. Of course not. But I do want to experiment in a different way," she said. "I had this idea to do something about personal clothing, memory, and identity, so I started writing to people I admire and asking them to send me something of theirs to transform." Her first letter went to Alber Elbaz, who, with instant generosity, sent a pair of his pajamas, and once he'd agreed, it snowballed. She ended up with Tilda Swinton's Vivienne Westwood tee, Jean Paul Gaultier's Breton shirt, Pete Doherty's frogged drummer-boy jacket, a veil from Diane Pernet, a Chanel jacket from Daphne Guinness, and a spencer belonging to Charlotte Rampling.

Hash then had to find a device to make it "look like a collection." Using her skills as a tailor and piles of matte, textured paillettes, she took elements of the original garments, copied the pieces, and reassembled them. Elbaz's pajamas became a trompe l'oeil jumpsuit; Doherty's jacket was turned into lapel linings, while the frogging was reconfigured on a T-shirt; and Pernet's veil was draped on the back of a jacket to create a chiffon hood. Some of the original fragments, like Swinton's T-shirt, became vertical panels sewn into the centers of jackets; Gaultier's stripes, meanwhile, were twisted into the neckline of a sequined all-in-one. As a small, arty event it had charm and sincerity, and it was heartening to see fellow designers and celebrities of other stripes lending a hand to help a relatively young French talent in a city where that doesn't seem to happen enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full collection :flower:

28885qb.jpg
2gwgyud.jpg

e6wsj4.jpg
5yx0dk.jpg

catwalking.com/

The gloves are sooo cool. But the rest is kind of random.

Full show in HQ. :smile:

style.it

this woman remains one of the true ACTUAL artists in the fashion world. in the absence of maison martin margiela, i could really see her finding a new fan base with avant creations like this...

There are some very great details here ! I love it when you discover something the more you zoom in . That's great !!

*My video* :
Anne Valérie Hash Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris^_^

enjoy !:wink:

Thank you for the video Charlie :flower:

I love the concept of this,and some of the details are indeed fantastic.

There are many things to admire and also abhor here. I love the fabrics and the use of texture. Not completely sold on the garments themselves, however. It just doesn't have that ethereal finesse that AVH is quite capable of but chooses to showcase only rarely these days.

Okay, so maybe this is not exactly what I have in mind as couture....

But does it have to be elaborate poufy feathered dresses to be couture?

There is such a huge trend this year of a dressed down couture. Its like the fashion industry as a whole is trying to send a message.

If I forget that this is couture, I actually quite like the collection. The colors and fabrics are very nice. I do find the ballet shoes on the hands odd...

The only problem I have is couture prices for such simplistic designs? It confuses yet interests me.

i love the gloves, some of the details & fabrics, but this is so...ready to wear!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->