the end of distressed jeans

^ :lol:

A hip/hop artist Faust. Now infamous for his "George Bush doesn't care about black people" quote :wink:

Curious said:
^ :lol:

A hip/hop artist Faust. Now infamous for his "George Bush doesn't care about black people" quote :wink:

Aaahh, Ok. I'm not good at celebrities (I take it he's famous).

Nice improv PoC :lol:

PrinceOfCats said:
Yo yo yo ma homies, fo shizzla ma rizzla, look outside you'll see my Vauxhall Nova, when I hit the bar it's ten pints till I'm over, I came to watch the game 'cause I'm a Blackburn Rover...or whatever...Kayne West.

:lol: :lol: Funny funny. (North) East-side. D'ya git me! Not sure that little verse is one for our US friends to appreciate

PrinceOfCats said:
Yo yo yo ma homies, fo shizzla ma rizzla, look outside you'll see my Vauxhall Nova, when I hit the bar it's ten pints till I'm over, I came to watch the game 'cause I'm a Blackburn Rover...or whatever...Kayne West.

Karma System said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PrinceOfCats again.

:lol:

Well, I do know what a Vauxhall is due to my early enthusiasm for motor sports, and the rest can be (sort of) figured out from context... so this Yankee is laughing.

I like the washed out jeans ... and even the used look, as long as they origin from things the owner did with them, climbed over walls, crawled on meadows, fell down etc (these aren't exactly grown up activities so I think it's ridiculous when 40-year-olds run around in holes with some denim around the holes, but it'sfine for youngers). I am so sick of bootcut etc though, straight / narrow leg for me please.

I cannot wear skinny jeans because of my body type. I look disgusting in them. I'm 31, have a waist, hips and thighs and the skinny just looks awful. So I go with the boot cut or flare.
I've preferred black and dark washes of late, but there are still occasions when I like the distressed look. I personally like to have the choice of...everything.
(Except skinny, like said: I look awful in it, although I do love the look on others).

I am loving black skinny jeans this year - Lee
And trouser jeans in dark denim. Always classy. - BAEBIS: the trouser jean (ie straight or wide-ish leg with a trouser cut) looks good on everyone if you want an alternative to bootcut.

Fox in the Snow brings up a good point...I've been really liking the trouser-cut jeans (or denim trousers, depending on your point of view). For men, Hussein Chalayan has been doing some nice stuff in this area.

I love bootcut jeans - I think they're very flattering. However, I would love to see less of the distressing/ripping/random-paint-splattering that's prevalent now.

i'm somewhat glad this whole overpriced designer jean thing has finally blown over.

what next?

having juicy sweatpants back again? :innocent:

I am finding it a bit hard to find jeans with no distressing at all so I am settling with just very minimal distressing. Does anyone know any brands that have good, non distressed jeans?

I'm so sick of the whole destroyed look and bootcut as well. I walked into abercrombie yesterday looking for something that was just normal; and everything had holes and paint. Its terrible. I bought some Calvin Kleins the nice ones not the crappy ones; but ultamatley I want sevens for Christmas.

xiao_ai009 said:
I love bootcut jeans - I think they're very flattering. However, I would love to see less of the distressing/ripping/random-paint-splattering that's prevalent now.

I definitely agree with you Xiao.

I've never even been into light denim jeans never mind distressed...although aesthetically I do have a slight penchant for late 80's early 90's style ripped jeans...because my sister used to wear them in her 'rocker' phase, and I so used to want a pair, I doubt I'd wear them myself though. It's always been dark denim for me.

for me, i dont mind distressed denim... as long as i find it at the thrift store and its made by levis... besides that im gonna stick with raw or one wash. making your own wash isnt that hard anyways, just get a dish sponge with a rough back(the kind you use to clean non-stick pans and the like), sit down, get the sponge wet, and use the rough side to take off the indigowhere your jeans naturally crease. doesnt destroy the fabric like sand paper and the indigo comes right off. ive experimented on some cheap raw denims(energie that i got for 18$) and the results are great. as far as bootcut goes, i hate it. but i guess that being tall and skinny(im 6' and am wearing a pair of 26w/34l levis) means that skinny jeans actually work for me. my girlfriend on the other hand looks much better in a bootcut(shes 5' and size 6)

Hum ... I agree ... jeans are used waaay to much ... I mean .. when my mum told me that twas a trend from the 70's I was like "Waaaaaaaa?" .. I've seen them on the street my whole life ... like people wearing sneakers ...

Pants are cool ... wear them ... and about my choice .. I like the big ones but i cna wear skinny ... boot cut's my fave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->