the end of distressed jeans

Hed_Kandi

Reaction score
I just sold off 8 pairs of jeans or ( my entire collection) , worth about $3000.

I'm tired of ripped, faded, distressed, bleached, overdyed, whiskered, bootcut, jeans with pocket designs.

I'm talking about the following designer jean brands :

Acne Jeans
AG Jeans
Antik Denim
Blue Cult
Chip and Pepper
Citizens of Humanity
Da' Mage Jeans
Diesel
D&G
Earnest Sewn
Energie
Evisu
Farmer Industry Jeans
Frankie B. Jeans
Grass Jeans
Guess Jeans
Indie Jeans
James Preserved Denim
Joe's Jeans
Lanlubber Jeans
Levi's Premium
Miss Sixty
Paige Premium Denim
Paper Denim & Cloth
Rock & Republic
Rogan Jeans
Saltworks Jeans
Seven For All Mankind
Stitch's Jeans
Tavernati So Jeans
True Religion
Unconditional Jeans
Union Jeans
Yanuk

And any other scuffed, weathered, torn, faded, vintage, used, stitched, patched jean.

I realized, as I would go to the bar at night, that we're all a bunch of mindless zombies - sporting the same disgusting looking denim. And we're so used to looking disgusting, that we don't even realize it.

spacer.gif

And I'm tired of hearing that annoying song, "My Humps" with that chick who talks about her "Seven Jeans, True Religion"

And for all those who believe that you're "hip" or "stylish" because you're sporting the newest pair of Seven's for "$250" - WELL YOU'RE NOT!

haha yeah Hed_Kandi is one of my favorite posters.

edit: Hed_Kandi what is your opinion on DIOR HOMME whiskered/overdyed/distressed/bootcut denim?

Last edited by a moderator:
Darker more classic washes are definitely better.

Fade to Black said:
haha yeah Hed_Kandi is one of my favorite posters.

edit: Hed_Kandi what is your opinion on DIOR HOMME whiskered/overdyed/distressed/bootcut denim?

I'm not a hypocrite. I don't own any Dior Homme denim.

I don't like everything that Hedi Slimane makes. I still have a brain and form opinions of my own. For example, the whole sneaker thing that he does- I don't like it.

It's too high school, grunge look to me. Too immature. I prefer the more classier side of Dior Homme.

Hed_Kandi said:
I'm not a hypocrite. I don't own any Dior Homme denim.

I don't like everything that Hedi Slimane makes. I still have a brain and form opinions of my own. For example, the whole sneaker thing that he does- I don't like it.

It's too high school, grunge look to me. Too immature. I prefer the more classier side of Dior Homme.

Heidi, don't you think that Dior's whose aesthetic at the moment (lats two colletions) is high school grunge?

Youre right about the designer jeans thing though, although there are some good examples of pre-distressed jeans around (I'm thinking mainly of spotted horse's work for Yohji and 45rpm). Bootcut is a definite no no though. In fact no no no no no no no!!

Luna said:
Darker more classic washes are definitely better.

thats the only ones i like, thinking of getting a dark plain Levis next week..
sad that most brands stock only distressed

I agree things have gone too far in this direction, to the point where it's getting quite hard to find any new jeans that match the sleek, minimal, smooth aesthetic of my old pairs of Helmut Lang jeans. (Yes, I know even Lang hopped on the treatments bandwagon, but he's still always been a reliable source of "pure" jeans)

I don't think it should go away completely - distressed and treated denim has its place - but it's really gotten out of hand. I'm increasingly wearing the old Lang jeans to go out, just to go against the crowd a bit.

I'm not sure what's the big problem with boot cut, though. It's been around so long it's become a classic cut, and true to the name it looks excellent with boots.

When I wears me boots, I loves me some boot-cut. :D

:clap: Hip, hip hooray!! Can we get a decent rise now too? :D

PS - I don't mind the bootcut either, but the rest can hit the road!

I haven't worn bootcut for about three years - I'm so over the designer, bootcut denim jean.....

boring, boring, boring! :angry:

I'm not a fan of the bootcut, but I do have to admit I like the lower rise jean.

Not so low that everyone can see the brand of underwear I'm wearing, but I do like to wear things on my hips rather than on my waist.

I'm happy to say that I've never bought distressed or treated jeans. I've never liked them. (Except for a few waxed/rubberized dark ones which were amazing.)

Im so sick of bootcut. I got a pair of very dark washless jeans last winter because I felt that distressing is going out soon, I hope I was right. They're straight leg too...

I saved a bit of cash and didn't buy any jeans. I reckon you could get two quite nice pairs of trousers for $3000.

i think everyone should just give jeans a rest period. they've been the 'go to' piece of clothing for pairing with anything for a bit too long :ninja: . i've been picking out more and more trousers (a bit slouchy but still tailored)...even for casual days out of my closet in the last few months (but i am in sf where its been chilly all summer)

Agreed that the look is pretty much played out. I have been mostly wearing dry, straight leg denim lately. Still, I have a few jeans, old Diesel, Earnest Sewn, maybe one or two others that are just classic in their way and I will hold on to them and wear them when I feel like it.

Someone pointed out, if you take away all the distressing, all there is left is light, medium and dark jeans. That will also become old after a while, as it did before.

Which leads me to a prediction I have been meaning to make: beware, acid-washed jeans are coming back! In five years, my Guess jacket will be vintage! MUAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

What are your opinions on YSL's straight leg raw denim jeans for men (the ones Kanye West is always wearing)?

Fade to Black said:
What are your opinions on YSL's straight leg raw denim jeans for men (the ones Kanye West is always wearing)?

who?

faust said:

Yo yo yo ma homies, fo shizzla ma rizzla, look outside you'll see my Vauxhall Nova, when I hit the bar it's ten pints till I'm over, I came to watch the game 'cause I'm a Blackburn Rover...or whatever...Kayne West.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->