the end of distressed jeans

Ok . . . it's not that I particularly like destroyed denim, it's just that I have so many pairs and I don't want to buy a new wardrobe. I know it isn't very fashiony so it's probably below the scope of this website, but I have worked at Abercrombie/Hollister for years as a thing to do while I'm in college for a few extra bucks and I have at least 12 pairs of their destroyed denim in various washes that I got at a very discounted price. I live in those suckers. Some I've thrown out because they got too broken-in and fell apart. I have nothing against nice clean denim but I only own 3 or four un-holey pairs. I hope this destroyed denim trend sticks around for a few more years. At least until I have graduated and earned enough money to buy a new wardrobe. If only fashion followed the cues of our pocketbooks :innocent:

well

boot cuts look good anyfigure and i dont think they will go out simply because they are so flattering seriously they are. like skinny jean fad is already on the wane people are realizing you have to be an anorexic to look good or a tall model and the mass population doesnt look like that. right now im into the wide leg trouser jeans ,in dark blue. plus skinny jeans look sort of homeless looking .

i also noticed the

person who wrote this forum is a guy ...so sweety we girls are so obsessed with looking good ,we can b*tch and moan about the boot cut but its always their to rescue our *** when its in need literally.

I personally quite like the bootcut and whole distressed jean thing, not to mention low-rise, but I think it has come a point where that's ALL they make. I think that dark jeans look more classy though, but I will always love my distressed jeans!

veronicaUSA said:
boot cuts look good anyfigure and i dont think they will go out simply because they are so flattering seriously they are. like skinny jean fad is already on the wane people are realizing you have to be an anorexic to look good or a tall model and the mass population doesnt look like that.

well... almost any figure... they look horrible on me... but i guess i look like an anorexic model.... i also have a long torso, and bootcuts make it look even longer.

i so hope not because skinny jeans are not flattering to my figure while baggy jeans make me look lousy. i personally like faded jeans for a more casual look.

I hate the fact that at the moment you can't find any normal blue jeans. I hate the distressed look. It looks dumb.

I'm also growing to hate skinny jeans. They are the teenager garment numero Uno.

I have to say that I am sick and tired of painted, distressed, ugly jeans, as well as of jeans in general....

everyone seems to be wearing the same outfit/uniform these days... a pair of jeans, a top (sparkly or not) and over the jeans boots....

The thing is that jeans are very easy to wear....
I can wear them to work, I can wear them out, I can wear them for dinner or a party...

I'm currently on a mission trying to figure out an alternative way of dressing which will not demand tights on a daily basis (like wearing a skirt does) nor too much fuss...

something that will be easily managed (not too much washing and ironing - I hate those) and which can be worn easily with different things...

I know it's an illusion, but if you have any ideas, they will be greatly appreciated ^_^ :flower:

WhiteLinen said:
I hate the fact that at the moment you can't find any normal blue jeans. I hate the distressed look. It looks dumb.

I can't find normal jeans anymore. No wonder why I stick to my two pair of old jeans.

yeah I bought 2 pairs of classic levis in the summer, dark rinse, straight cut, kind of medium waisted. I cannot believe how cheap levis are in america....

impossibleprincess said:
yeah I bought 2 pairs of classic levis in the summer, dark rinse, straight cut, kind of medium waisted. I cannot believe how cheap levis are in america....

yeah... levis have a bad rep here in the us, at least fashion wise. it is kinda warrented tho, as the quality has gone downhill since they stopped making them here, and they have changed the cuts. if you can find some that were made in the usa, they are some of the best, especialy if they are pre 1980.

i so agree

ever since denim is made in china , the quality is :sick: , because they get prison workers (companys make huge profits)to make those clothes and obviously the the effort and the seamings will be lousy. I have a pair wide leg jeans from 1977 stone blue , no scratches , no holes , no paint, no whiskering , so pretty and soothing to the eye. your right pre 1980 jeans are awesome.

melt977 said:
I have to say that I am sick and tired of painted, distressed, ugly jeans, as well as of jeans in general....

everyone seems to be wearing the same outfit/uniform these days... a pair of jeans, a top (sparkly or not) and over the jeans boots....

The thing is that jeans are very easy to wear....
I can wear them to work, I can wear them out, I can wear them for dinner or a party...

I'm currently on a mission trying to figure out an alternative way of dressing which will not demand tights on a daily basis (like wearing a skirt does) nor too much fuss...

something that will be easily managed (not too much washing and ironing - I hate those) and which can be worn easily with different things...

I know it's an illusion, but if you have any ideas, they will be greatly appreciated ^_^ :flower:

I appreciate you for this. Good luck with it :flower:

I've been thinking of other choices myself, I'll pm you if I figure out something brilliant enough.

pinksatin said:
Ok . . . it's not that I particularly like destroyed denim, it's just that I have so many pairs and I don't want to buy a new wardrobe. I know it isn't very fashiony so it's probably below the scope of this website, but I have worked at Abercrombie/Hollister for years as a thing to do while I'm in college for a few extra bucks and I have at least 12 pairs of their destroyed denim in various washes that I got at a very discounted price. I live in those suckers. Some I've thrown out because they got too broken-in and fell apart. I have nothing against nice clean denim but I only own 3 or four un-holey pairs. I hope this destroyed denim trend sticks around for a few more years. At least until I have graduated and earned enough money to buy a new wardrobe. If only fashion followed the cues of our pocketbooks :innocent:

This is why I always buy just one pair of jeans at the time :rolleyes:

WhiteLinen said:
I've been thinking of other choices myself, I'll pm you if I figure out something brilliant enough.

Thanks! And please DO that! I'll be waiting...:P

Im getting over the super distressed and embellished jeans as well.

But a little bit of distressing/natural looking fades are nice.

But I have been noticing alot more of the very light/pale washes coming out. They tend to look very 80s.

Now are we going to bring back the tuck and roll on the bottom hem too???:lol:

I hate the skinny jeans also since I'm a bit larger and thus it looks horrible. Not to mention I'm not going to pay $250 for Sevens when I would rather find a pair of classic Levis.

Yep, those 'must get' jeans that all the celebrities wear ( and of course yu want to buy the clothes they wear ) are just horrible. The jeans might actually look good, but they have such a status.

I think that desinger jeans are in for a small turn, with the ever expanding popularity of J-Brand jeans. Which are desinger jeans that focus more on the fit than the logo. On the contrary, time people want brands, and having the true religion ohm sign, or the Rock and Republic R shows everyone you are wearing designer jeans. I am very curious to see how jeans are going to look in a couple of years.

i think with distressed jeans it costs money to make em , its easier for cheaper brands to produce cheap jeans at a very cheap cost. Recently i was at dillards, and I saw a pair of glo skinny dark blue jeans with chalk stitching for 24 bucks , they looked exactly like those jbrand jeans , so in time jbrand will have tough competition as lower retailers can easily copy denim esp ones which have no treatments ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->