the end of distressed jeans

I have also been staying away from those type of jeans and I have been looking for very dark denim. This whole dishwashed jeans got old once everyone was wearing them.

Yes I agree with the OP! I think the Chip & Pepper/True Religion/Rock&R/1921 ragged style is getting tired.

I do own a pair of True Religions, and while they are fun to lounge around in on the weekend, nothing beats the sharp look of a dark, clean cut, skinny jean. I'm talking about APC, Nudie, japanese selvage denim, and the like. For men, at least.

im over the distress, but i have to disagree on the bootcut, i think i look better with bootcut jeans. and since i have big feet i wont look wierd when i wear flip flops.

Until recently I hadn't worn denim in over 3 years , I definitely prefer a darker wash I don't like light denim at all. I like my denim with small subtle details , if you are that desperate for the distressed look do it yourself at least that way no one will have the same pair.

im thinking that you are talking about men's jeans

but yes..generally..i dont like those jeans you dislike(maybe not boot cut so much)..expecially distressed and faded jeans

indigo and plain is the way to go

I agree even though you can get jeans with 'sexy' written on the back , men's jeans are still the worst when it comes to unecessary decoration.

I like my denim to have a bit of an edge too. I'm too fussy probably. I think it's interesting how denim progressed and became acceptable , I wonder denim will get shunned again in favour of a less casual material.

i agree that for jeans this distressed look is finally disappearing,
but it is still alive for things besides jeans.
it is a more polished look rather than destroyed. you'll see for example skirts this season with the edges left frayed, although the rest of the skirt is cut clean and shaped well.

i have a huge pet peeve about "too much" of a shoe showing from underneath jeans so i will only wear bootcut. in style or not.

I wasn't truly fond of distressed and destroyed denim too much to begin with. Ladies still want to associate this deal with the rocker look. And as you all may know, I'm no rock music fanatic. So any fashions associated with rock music or in the mold of rock music is something I will instantly and swiftly dislike. I probably liked the dirty denim trend a bit more than ripped and torn denim. At least denim was still all in one piece and at most trendy.

But something inside tells me that this trend doesn't need to die (besides, the cowboy and cowgirl stuff needs to die). I predict that this won't be adopted by many ladies (and some guys), but more exclusive to rock music and skater types. You can't tell rock or skater types how to dress. So when it dies out for non rock/Goth types, the other people may still adopt ripped and torn bottoms and tops. But at best, ripped and torn denim may not last much longer. We'll see in about maybe 3-5 years.

I look in my crystal ball and I see...Levi's...strangest thing, never heard of them. Other times I see big warships approaching the San Francisco Bay, shelling us with their cannons, and taking our Levi's with them. Then we have no Levi's and we are sad. I predict denim wars and blue jean mercenaries. I see a market where medical marijuana has a denim exchange rate. Oh, god, that's probably already true.

Diorling said:
Im so sick of bootcut. I got a pair of very dark washless jeans last winter because I felt that distressing is going out soon, I hope I was right. They're straight leg too...
Eating my words. I LOVE bootcut, Im wayy back into it again. I still agree about distressing, it's getting to be too much, I like very subtle washes...My recently acquired True Religion's are raw denim, I freakin love them, Im wearing them right now.

liquid fire said:
i have a huge pet peeve about "too much" of a shoe showing from underneath jeans so i will only wear bootcut. in style or not.
Im the same way! I need proper coverage, straight leg provides very little, and skinny has none!

yeah

boot cuts are like guy who will always be there for you and skinny jeans are like a one night stand. I went for skinnies because for my boots , but i can only wear them with boots. If i wear them with flats or heels , I feel weird and sorty sl*tty ( i dont know why..tight jean and heels conjures up images of 80s disco sluts) . With the boot cut , I feel , it balances my body, makes me look classy but has that umph i want. Also unlike previous years , when boot cut and flares were distressed and ripped to death the new ones are all dark ........and I tried some on ..so f****** flattering. Long live bootcuts, one of the best fashion inventions of our time. Also I agree with coverage part , I like to have some fluidity when im walking. I think skinny jeans are great ........ but on rockers!!! Day to day living ... bootcuts are way way more practical and flattering.

i agree that distressed jeans suck, but bootcut's never going out of style period.
sure if you have a model body you can wear whatever you want, straight, skinny etc. but if you are just a normal person.. like me.... i gotta stick to bootcut... as long as they are not (extremely) low rise they are fine i think..

I love bootcut, I even like the flared jeans (although men's flared jeans in the U.S. are a challenge to find, but I could order them from Canada), but I'm really sick of the distressed jeans. If I want jeans that look used, I'll go to thrift stores, and they last longer than "new" distressed jeans.

The only thing I don't like about the bootcut jeans is how they seem to make them longer as well as wider--I always either have to hem them or just let them get really ratty on the bottom, but others may not have this problem--I'm not very tall, I wear the length of 28 and can usually only find the length of 30.

Distressed or embellished jeans? Never had any. And they are out, definitely.
Skinny jeans? Jamais de la vie :yuk: makes me think of Johny Rotten and the whole 80s fashion (Rod Stewart too)

Expensive jeans? No thanks, makes me think of Victoria Bekham.

Dark straight/bootcut jeans? Yes, those are the ones I always bought, with GREAT difficulty sometimes. Most flattering of all and you can dress them up. Makes me think of Vanessa Paradis in that Chanel ad, jeans, with a cute short black bouclé jacket and Chanel bag. :woot:

I liked skinny jeans, but I've always preffered a straight leg and darker washes. I think right now the skinny jean is becoming a real fashion victim item or will soon become one in the future because although it looks great on the right people, the mojority of people have no idea how to pair things with their bodies and they end up looking horrible and uncomfortable.

The skinnies I'll wear if I have a short dress on, but that's it. I feel too exposed in supertight denim.

DARK DARK DARK denim... i love it... no washes (unless we are talking about one's favorite jeans, that didnt use to have any clear wash...)

MY FAVORITE... WAXY DENIM, kaiser and raf simons did it last season... and i loved it!

boycut jeans are my gulity secret, but i love their magic hip balancing effects and im obsessedd with my Joe's jeans

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->