Attention Londoners!

Lipgloss&Cigs

Reaction score
Hello...

I know that there are plenty of threads on cool European street style, but what are the masses (in the UK, mainly London) generally wearing? I am doing an article on what's hip with the suburbanite/unstylie sets, but I don't know what the big thing is. Example, in Toronto for the past few seasons, everyone loves juicy couture or stiletto hiking boots- but that's not high fashion...I want to know about the London trends like that. WHat are the big mall labels? What sort of genre (hip hop, mod, e.g.) do most of them fall into? What were the influences for the suburbanites? Look around you....if you see anything that makes you cringe, particularily in the mass production sense, I want to hear about it!

Thanks

what about mentioning that chavs are everywhere. especially the new low class trend everyone is following. yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
well boho is swallowed by the masses.

Peasent skirts, shawls big black sunglasses, yeah i don't want to say more because its ruining my day:(

this is great stuff...

and pardon me, but what are chavs?? 4 years of fashion school, and that does not ring a bell! :P

common people who wear bling and tracksuit bottoms, burberry etc see Vicky Pollard, Little Britain, type that in on google and you'll get the idea.

Joanne

Go to www.topshop.co.uk -that's what 95% of the people I know are wearing. Picture any of the tops with jeans and bright/metallic shoes, or white, cheap 'boho' skirts. Lots of cowboy boots, still. Big Moss/Miller-type belts, gold bags, or Topshop shoppers. :yuk: :innocent:

I love the boho, I really do and always have -that's probably why I hate fauxho so much.
A plague of tie-front shrugs in synthetic colours. :yuk:
London fashion is very colourful, imho, when compared to places like NYC and Rome.

A lot of boho at the moment, off the shoulder tops/shirts/sweaters, skinny jeans... the usual

stylishmoi said:
common people who wear bling and tracksuit bottoms, burberry etc see Vicky Pollard, Little Britain, type that in on google and you'll get the idea.

Joanne

:lol: To be fair, unless you're from the UK, the word 'chav' wouldn't mean a thing to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->