Baby food - healthy snack?

sable

Reaction score
I've heard that baby food is a pretty healthy snack, since it contains no sugar/artificial stuff, is easily digested and still satisfies you.
This is not a diet thing, like "Just eat baby food", but I think it sounds pretty reasonable as a snack or maybe breakfast. Sure it might look stupid in public, but who cares. I also remember that Hedi Slimane is said to diet on that stuff.
Don't know for sure, so I'd like to hear your opinion on that topic.

All I know is every time I pass the baby food aisle at the grocery store I want to pick up the little jars of pureed fruit...babies get to eat the best stuff. ^_^

I love the pudding... what is it cherry vanilla or something? Im not sure if they have it anymore but its delicious lol.

I love the purees, jelly and ABC pasta and custards and rice cream.
i might buy some today.

Hmmm.....very interesting. It sounds good in theory; maybe I'll pick up some fruit puree and try it out.
I love the applesauce :blush:

Good post, Sable!

I LOVE pear babyfood as a snack. I thought I was the only one :woot:

You're right, it is healthy, and tasty. And a good portion size for a pick-me-up snack.

Probably easy to make on your own; just cook some fruit, puree. Yummy.
Once I needed a bunch of little jars for some project, so we bought baby food and ate it. It was yummy.

i love the jelly things and they have really nice pastas like the beef ones are my fave

VainJane said:
Hmmm.....very interesting. It sounds good in theory; maybe I'll pick up some fruit puree and try it out.
I love the applesauce :blush:

Good post, Sable!
Agreed! Thanks, Sable! :smile: :flower: I think that I'm going to give baby food a try myself.

One of my college classmates told me that baby food is really good and that she would bring them to the cafeteria for lunch if she wasn't worried about being embarrassed.

I haven't had baby food since I was a baby, but I liked to be nearby when my cousin would feed her son... his food smelled very good!!

When I had my tonsils removed I experimented with baby food. I don't remember it tasting so good though. :blink: Maybe because it was squash.

I generally trust anything made for babies. I was thinking of getting some baby detergent.

HAHA I wonder the percentage of sales of baby food that is actually generated by hungry college students...:P

the two I bought today
article_l88.jpg
article_l70.jpg

heinzbaby

Funny I was just talking to my boyfriend about this today.

He wants to try it now that I said it. Thing is he is a hungry man and one jar is like a lil bite to him. :rofl:

Our reason though is I need lil jars and those jars are perfect for arts and crafts.

The fruits are good, but the vegetable ones arent as great. It was better when I made vegetable baby food for my nephew- then I can eat it too. I would make him squash, then I'd mix it up his extra with some chicken broth and a bit of sour cream- butternut squash soup. YUM.

I like these gerber banana puff things. They're a good snack that kind of fulfill my bread/cracker cravings and only have about 15-20 cal per a good handful

pavement said:
I generally trust anything made for babies. I was thinking of getting some baby detergent.

A freind told me about Dreft baby detergent and thats all I use now, it removes stains so well and seems to be more gentle on fabrics. It's a little but more expensive but I definatly recommend it.

I prabbaly sound weird snacking on baby food and using baby detergent :ninja: :lol:

i love babyfood :lol: that's the best snack ever.
i use to eat that in swimming competitions, and trust me people i wasn't the only one

I also love the babyfood:P Especially apple and peach babyfood:clap: :D

SweetFantasy>>Of course,you can:wink: :lol:

I'm going to try this. I don't think I can handle the veggie ones, but I really want to try the fruit ones! ^_^ Anything made for babies has got to be pretty good for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->