Baby Phat F/W 06.07 NYC

She's drying poor russell up because of her terrible persistance to keep this up...

She should join ABS and work with Allen Shwartz to replicate runway stuff, she seems good at knocking stuff up..

Exactly. Kimora is only allowed to do her thing because she already has money. Kind of like Nikki Hilton....

The funniest part is how Kimora puts the biggest names in the modeling world in her bad creations.:lol:

It's not half bad compared to some of their other stuff but I still wouldn't come close to wearing any of it.

The only thing good about the show was Omahyra's dancing and Hye's cute peace sign pose.

I wish there was a smiley that had a hand clasped to it's forehead in disgust...would be very fitting right now.

It's not nearly as trashy ghetto-fab hoochie as past collections, but it's by no means a good collection. Aside from the quality of the clothes (or lack there of) the styling is atrocious. Not to mention the similarity to other designers work, and to add to the growing list, the boots look like a lot of the shoes Prada was doing back in the late 90's.

I find it sad actually, it's obvious she has no style to call her own, and it shows terribly in the lack of anything original to ever step foot onto a Baby Phat catwalk.... Not to mention the serious lack of taste she displays so proudly.

Oh well, as long as Russell has $, Kimora is gonna have a runway show.

Guess I'm just another "sheep" as someone so affectionately called those of us who despise Kimora and her "designs"......lord knows I love this stuff deep down inside, I'm just too afraid to say it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

KhaoticKharma said:
Ah, the tFs sheep never cease to amaze me. One person dislikes a collection and suddenly no one likes it.
:rolleyes: PuhLEASE...there's an amazing number of people defending this trash. You should be astounded.

KhaoticKharma said:
Ah, the tFs sheep never cease to amaze me. One person dislikes a collection and suddenly no one likes it.

It is by no means Rochas or anything, but I think there are a few pieces that can be dug out from under all the sequins and chinchila, and prove to be very red carpet ready :flower:

Kimora, is that you?:unsure:

DriversHigh said:
Kimora, is that you?:unsure:

I wish...I could use a few of her $$ at the moment... :doh:

All I'm saying is that everyone seems to trash this show every year. It sucks. Get over it. Don't put it up on the site just to ridicule it!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Ummm ... why not?

I agree with kimkhuu and others who've said there seems to be somewhat of an improvement this season.

Just wondering ... if indeed it's true that *none* of the clothes on the runway are produced ... is there any other designer (or "designer") who does that? One would think not many could afford this practice :unsure: :innocent:

Really, I love the idea of "ghetto fabulous" clothes - A LOT of people buy Baby Phat - there are jeans, cool club tops, the occasional jacket or sweater...

There is just no coherency to any of Kimora's collections. And oddly enough some of the looks are 3 seasons deep!

onehotgrrl said:
the stuff on the runway aren't sold in stores anyhow. I don't know why she continues to do a show.

Same as Victoria's secret.I've never seen the lingerie @ the fashion shows in the stores or on their websites.
rolleye0011.gif

In fact many runway designs ( by many designers) never make it to stores simply because they are not ordered by the stores. Or often something outrageous is dumbed down for retail.

Like it or not BPhat is a huge label that keeps getting bigger. That power of celebs and money is a deadly combination sometimes.

Hell I'm looking for some celeb with money to front my designs!!!! I'll take the money , do my own line and laugh all the way to the bank:flower:

Am I the only one???:cry: Sorry.....I know its bad but I gotta eat.

It's a little of an FIT fashion show but I likes it. The girls are hot and its adds some punch to a very flat NYC fashion week.

^^Yeah, I mean, if this collection was shown in Paris it would have really, really upset me. But there is a very strong urban population in the States that loves the Baby Phat collection, and come on, there are only four types of shows at NYC fashion week- the preppy (Lauren, Hilfiger), the debutant (Lhulllier, de la Renta, Herrera), the Professional (Karan, Klein), and the just plain crazy as h3ll (Heatherette, Baby Phat). Sometimes, those crazy ones livin the dull scene up a bit.

:lol::lol:a mess. kimora never found an identity for baby phat. she's feirce and some of the products are nice, but the baby phat they sell in macys is GARBAGE. it looks like something you'd see in rainbow/rave/fashion bug.:yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->