Balenciaga F/W 05.06 Paris

:shock:

this.......................................................

this collection is perfect. :heart: :heart:

I like it a bit, except for the ridiculous and excessive use of fur. I don't like the fabric used to make the dresses that have that huge pompom thing in the front. As well as the Star Wars outfits (Eugenia).

The rest is cute though. I like the dress on Gemma Ward.

i actually think his last 2 collections have been weak.
i miss his originality we saw the year before, it was inspiring, this just doesnt do it for me, its not what new balenciaga is about IMO

Hah, Helena, I definitely see the KORS connection

1118662703.jpg

from minorityrev.com

oh yuck...:yuk:

is that a russian store runner?...
it screams russian luxury to me...

:lol:

i really like the tailoring in the coats and all the necklines . . i say very well done! VERY !

not so bad, I didn't like the shoes too much though. And as most of you I didn't like all the fur, althoguh I did like one outfit with fur. But it was black I think? too lazy to go back and look.. oh well

I actually liked this collection A LOT, apart from the use of fur, I think those outfits could have done well with fake fur, but that´s just my opinion...

I agree with Softgrey that most of these pieces are pretty hard to pull off for a "real" woman, considering that most of the jackets are fairly high-necked. I must say though that I LOVE the androgynous, superskinny, rigorous tailoring from an image point-of-view... I´m not so much a fan of flirty-chiffon-boho-fashion, which is currently dominating the catwalks and streets, so what Guesquière is doing is in my opinion quite ahead-of-the-pack...

there´s something about Balenciaga´s "language" (cutting, silhouette, detailing ...) that makes it easily identifiable - just as Hedi Slimane´s clothes for Dior Homme - and that´s a good thing. The pants are arguably well cut and I love the use of metal hardware (once again). Pierre Hardy´s footwear styles are once again divine to look at (although I can imagine they are hard to walk in - not so much though as in those platformed motorcycle boots from last season´s winter collection) and the evening part is becoming less conceptual, more sophisticated without losing it´s edginess.

love it

balenciaga is so awesomely cool, the men's is even cooler..i want every single piece of it

I wouldn't wear the fur outfits or the ones with colored paterns but the black and white ones are absolutely brilliant.

freak_de_fashion said:
balenciaga is so awesomely cool, the men's is even cooler..i want every single piece of it

Have you seen any of the clothes from the F/W 2005 menswear? I´d love a jacket with all the metal accents as seen in the first part of the women´s... Very few people actually stock the menswear, so I never have the chance to browse through... did they have any of those gold-buttoned admiral clothes from the women´s collection in the men´s as well?

men's balenciaga

theres this small exclusive boutique that carries men's balenciaga!! only a couple blazers and some t shirts embellished with metal studs etc

Lo:heart:e those jackets and pants and sweaters and dressess!! :heart:
Hate those furs... :cry:

I really like those:

00060f.jpg
00340f.jpg
00350f.jpg

30.jpg
00360f.jpg

not too fond about the furry stuff as I despise fur... and the style is not my thing... but I dislike the origami stuff even more.

the rest is very elegant... *me likes*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->