Balenciaga F/W 05.06 Paris

y'all need to see the new campaign for this collection. it does it so much justice.
they're simple but really make the clothes look great

they had a whole spread in Vogue this month (the one with Madonna on the cover). It was absolutely gorgous!!!!! I love the rhinestone belts!

does anyone have pictures of the menswear? i think harvey nichols in london stock balenciaga but i've never payed too much attention to it - too distracted by the womens clothes

VICTIM said:
does anyone have pictures of the menswear? i think harvey nichols in london stock balenciaga but i've never payed too much attention to it - too distracted by the womens clothes

Hey Victim...sorry but can't help you there...you may want to contact Barney's or Henri Bendel in NYC....as for London..you are the local...perhaps a stroll in the basement level of Narvy Nichols?
Good luck and give us an update when you can.:P

I am totally lovign the older 60's style military jacket look....maybe a bit too much fur for my liking..but lovign the buckles..i soo want :blush:

00010m.jpg
00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg
00220m.jpg

i saw some of the pieces this weekend at susan in san francisco and they were wonderful... they had these pieces that i tried on:

4.jpg
15d.jpg

the black jacket with the fur collar was amazing...oh to have a few (thousand) more dollars... :innocent:

Yes, that rounded Poiret shaped collar is to die for, it must have been hard to leave it behind kimair....

It's crazy how much I love this collection.

kimair said:
i saw some of the pieces this weekend at susan in san francisco and they were wonderful... they had these pieces that i tried on:
How were the fits? Still excruciatingly undersized?

metal-on-metal said:
How were the fits? Still excruciatingly undersized?

the jacket fit really well...snug but not constricting. the coat, on the other hand, was really fitted...don't know how you'd fit any other clothes under it...

they had some pants too, but i didn't even bother trying them on...

Still to this day a perfect, beautiful and timeless collection from Nicolas.
I still have some pieces from this collection and also the pumps.

It's really interesting to see how Nicolas has evolved in the cut of his clothes. Back in the day, you really had to buy one size bigger at Balenciaga for the jackets and tops. It was very, very fitted.

It's a very interesting collection because it doesn't really reference Cristobal Balenciaga but it's much more of an evocation of his work. It's still very Nicolas. Quite an accomplishment to deliver something personal and that still had a sense of tradition.

I may be wrong but you can feel a lot of Bouchra Jarrar in this collection...or maybe she got influenced a lot by this collection while working there.

Still, better than what Ghesquière is doing now at Vuitton. Feels less complicated.

Still, better than what Ghesquière is doing now at Vuitton. Feels less complicated.

This collection is commercial and sellable but it has that finesse that elevates it. It's chic, effortless, and edgy, and of course very well made. The same can't be said about Louis Vuitton. :angry:

^^
But the "Balenciaga under Nicolas" woman was a conquerer. She was that kind of modern glamazon plus, Balenciaga had a couture heritage.

I think that you design differently when suddenly, you have to put a bag on every of your outfit. Suddenly, you think about outfits instead of silhouettes.

He put bags on the runway for the first time for spring 2009...Nearly a decade after being named the creative director of the house and the only few times he added bags on the runway, they were more experimental than practical.

I can't picture non of the girls walking this fabulous collection with one bag...Even a clutch.

^you girls are so lucky to have these fabulous pieces. I couldn't afford them back then, but when I can afford fine things like these, no one produces garments like these any more. (Luckily I got a few pieces from the collections after 2006).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->