Balenciaga S/S 2008 : Jennifer Connelly by David Sims

xPedro

Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
scanned by bluejeans
[/FONT]

Guys, is the name of this actress right ? Sorry if it's not! :D

Jennifer is pretty, but I don't like her posing (especially her legs in the first shot)

It's Connely, right?

these ads show this outfit perfectly. But I don't like the blue backrounds, it's too clashing and Jennifers face is too white throughout.

They're nice shots, but not for an ad campaign. They look like out takes from a US Vogue shoot. This collection really hasn't grown on me at all.

I wonder if the clashing backround will be continued in other ads with each different coloured outfit having their own clashing backround; that would be nice.

Not trying to be rude, but it's not a contest who gets to start the thread or anything, so why not take two minutes to check spelling etc? This was listed in the campaign thread after all. B)

Thanks for posting, and thanks blujeans for scanning! I didn't really know what to expect, but I'm very disappointed.

I like the first shot more.

first sight.... I hate them!!!!! worst balenciaga ad ever...
for these, i think i won't change my mind...

+ I think Jennifer C. is boring... + she's way too much air-brushed there....

That would been a good idea to shoot the campain like they previously did.... in outsite-story-telling context... or something... because there it's boring to death....
or maybe they think they already did something soooooooo genius and unbelievable with this collection that the outfit itself didn't need anything else... but in that case, why did they chose to take a celebrity to represent them??? Why don't they ONCE again change their model (that's right, non? Ghesquière doesn't have a "real" exclusivity with one model???)

well anyway, to me it's bad...
maybe no ad campain would be better...
just a look-book or a catalogue....
I still wonder how Balenciaga is still alive??!! Where do the money come from???!!!
Well whe you see this, you wonder if they still have the money....

^I agree with you totally. I so hate these, especially compared to last season's.
They do look like from a lookbook or a catalogue.. There's an exact same pose in a Saks Fifth Avenue catalogue. :sick:
Maybe it would've been better with Kori Richardson, I don't know. Jennifer is really boring.

I always thought that Jennifer had a profined, kind of endless beauty, slightly royal and a bit masculine.
I like the ads, one of the better ads including actors!

I still wonder how Balenciaga is still alive??!! Where do the money come from???!!!
Well whe you see this, you wonder if they still have the money....

Ever heard of the motorcycle bag? They sold and are selling tons of them :wink: Even their RTW business isn't doing bad at all. I don't think they have financial troubles and even if they would, the Gucci Group would invest even more money in the brand.
And this celeb campaign is another proof of that...It'd cost less to hire a model for the campaign. One of the reasons brands opt for celeb campaigns is to reach a wider audience...Miu Miu has been doing the same for quite some time now..not to mention Versace etc etc

Still, I agree this is not a great campaign at all. I can see it's difficult to find a suitable background for the overpowering clothes of SS08 but I'm sure they could find something more creative than this...or maybe they need to change the photographer. Sims has been doing Balenciaga for a couple of seasons now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy love for these. They are fantastic. Jennifer carries them quite well with a really interesting strength in the first and vulnerability in the second. I wish they were more jazzy in the background, but I'll settle.

Ever heard of the motorcycle bag? They sold and are selling tons of them :wink: Even their RTW business isn't doing bad at all. I don't think they have financial troubles and even if they would, the Gucci Group would invest even more money in the brand.
And this celeb campaign is another proof of that...It'd cost less to hire a model for the campaign. One of the reasons brands opt for celeb campaigns is to reach a wider audience...Miu Miu has been doing the same for quite some time now..not to mention Versace etc etc

(...)

yes the bags...
but the outfits, i always thought they didn't sell that much....
I mean I thought it was like Louis Vuitton (+80% = access. -20% = clothing....)
So Balenciaga is the ONLY label which - even if they wouldn't do profits - would get money again and again???? wow... i'm impressed... I didn't know...
:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Indeed, that would be very un-Balenciaga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->