Vogue Paris June/July 2006 : Jennifer Connelly by David Sims

^^ 218 pages:wink:

There are also 2 edits with Maria Carla and Lily D. :smile:

Royal-Galliano said:
Yeah, that Sasha ed could be better :ninja: ...it's lifeless and... I dunno... I don't feel any energy from it :huh:... It would need a better photographer IMO...

Well, it could be that she has been SO fantastic that we get our hopes up :wink:

thank you!Can you scan Lily?

I love the Snejana ed by Lindbergh.:wub: I love Lindbergh period.:heart: The Sasha ed is OK... some pics are gorgeous though...

iluvjeisa said:
Well, it could be that she has been SO fantastic that we get our hopes up :wink:
Yeah I know what you mean... True! :unsure: She should cooperate with Meisel more! It's what suits her! B) Prada Prada!!! :woot:

Snejana looks dead as usual. Don't get her appeal at all. Can someone post Connelly's ed?

susie_bubble said:
I've been pondering this for a while now..... because I think it's getting a tad ridiculous how people cry out in aghast as soon as they sniff out an actress being on a cover of a magazine....

Does that mean an actress by profession is not worthy to be on a cover? I know the vast majority here would prefer models as opposed to actresses. But what if an actress is AS photo-genic as a model but just happens to be an actress. For example, if Mischa Barton was a model instead of an actress and she was on the cover of Vogue, would we be boo-hooing over her being on the cover? Isn't it better to judge a cover by its aesthetic merits rather than the person's profession? An actress on a cover can look just as good as a model. I've seen bad covers from both sides. Is a bad Gemma Ward cover a whole lot more preferable to a really great Cate Blanchett cover?

Jennifer Connolly was a model prior to being an actress - but oh deary me....she entered into the realms of being an actress and ergo she can no longer grace magazine covers??? I actually think the model:actress ratio on covers is still pretty much weighted on models if we count ALL magazines - mainstream and independent, and with publications like Vogue, being THE mainstream fashion magazine - it's not surprising for them to venture into celeb land every now and then.

I don't want to offend but seeing as this Paris Vogue cover hasn't even been posted yet.... I think people are a little quick to judge.

I think that people just have expectations with Vouge Paris and Vouge Italia. They kind of think of them as two of the only mainstream fashion magazines (along with maybe Vouge Nippon and the occasional British Vouge) that you can count on having model covers with. I think that people that b!tch and complain about American Vouge, however, do need to stop: there is a certain formula that is working for Anna Wintour- she obviously is selling magazines, as she has not been fired yet. That formula (Celeb in nature setting+ story on foreign star+ story on up and coming designer+ the goings on of socialites+ 2 editorials, both featuring Caroline Trentini, Gemma Ward, and Lily Donaldson) is proving to be a successful one for her.

As for a Bad Gemma cover vs. a Good Celeb Cover, I think that a good celeb will easily win out. For the most part, celebrities do lead lives that interest us and they are actually doing difficult work (to a certain extent), work far more difficult than that of any model. And a cover ends up having little say in what magazine I buy- I'm not gonna buy a magazine with a supermodel on the cover when inside there is no article on said super and no good ads and edits; a cover is supposed to reflect the contents of the magazine. At least Vouge tells it like it is, I suppose. :wink:

Lily Donaldson
"Court Métrage"
Ph: Patrick Demarchelier

Scanned by me

^OH wow.... :buzz:
I LOVE that.
Thanks for posting, evisu!

:shock: SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

I was about to say "STOP POSTING" because all this beauty kills me! :blush:

i guess im alone in thinking the snejana ed is awful. shes entirely the wrong model for that concept.

i don`t like snejana sorry but it`s distrophy even if i like Lindbergh

not bad eds ( especially Marc Segal`s such grunge chic) but models... i`m sick of them all esp sasha and snejana
demarchelier ed- nothin` special

^^She was great in "Requiem for a Dream"... Not sure whether I like her in a fashion mag... but why not. ^_^

KhaoticKharma said:
That formula (Celeb in nature setting+ story on foreign star+ story on up and coming designer+ the goings on of socialites+ 2 editorials, both featuring Caroline Trentini, Gemma Ward, and Lily Donaldson) is proving to be a successful one for her.
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->