Vogue Paris June/July 2006 : Jennifer Connelly by David Sims

well, the cover isn't that bad as I thought, and I don't agree with the idea that covers with actresses are worse than model covers, and whitelinen I don't think that Hollywood actresses are not talented. Well, some are just:sick: like lindsay lohan(that would make a disastrous cover), but when u think of cate blanchett or angelina jolie, that's not true anymore...

Yes, Cate Blanchett is one of the very few talented "Hollywood" actresses (I don't count Angelina Jolie to that group though). But compared to, for example, British or French actresses, the Hollywood actresses of today don't even stand a chance.

Oh god!
WHAT is that? How can you get it wrong with a close up of Connelly:blink:?
In regard to the debate actress/model, I would rather see actresses on cover of glossy gossip/lifestyle magazines then on fashion magazines. Not because I think actresses are an abomination before the Lord, it's just on a creative point of view.
Actresses have a certain image to protect and project. They cannot do anything and their public aura/persona is too strong to give place to real artistic creativity and liberty. When people buy a mag with Kidman of the cover, they want and expect to be served Kidman, see?
A model, by definition has to be versatile, have to surprise.
I mean, I know pretty much everything there is to know about most Hollywood stars, and if I want more I can get Grazia or Hello for cheap, so give models some work...:judge:
(Few beautiful exceptions through: Cate Blanchet's recent UK Bazaar circus themed cover and Coppola French Vogue eerie B&W cover were worth every cents to me...)

Last edited by a moderator:
They used a close-up of her! So much worse to look at! They should have approached the shoot in the way they lensed Sophia Coppola.

Has any one posted the contents yet? Posted by kouklina from fashist...

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial][SIZE=-1]Lily D by Demarchelier (so different from usual Demarchelier's work), Maria-Carla by Jeff Burton (yes yes yes for the first time in history, Jeff is shooting fashion !), One story by Peter Lindbergh and the girl is Anna-Maria or Snejana (difficult to say but I would bet on Anna Maria), Jennifer C. by David Sims in a Balenciaga story (Another nice Sims-erie ! ) and one last story with Sasha shot by a new contributor I forgot the name. The issue is nice but not revolutionary... Jeff Burton is doing well actually... A good supplement for Hair shot by Terry Tsiolis is very very beautiful with great BW portraits of (perfect) Marta, Romina, Caroline T, Guinevere and Anja (this supplement is better than the magazine to me...).[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

^Someone on Fashist confirms that it's Snejana and not Anna Mariya :smile:

anja by tsiolis
her site

1127vb.jpg

I bought the issue yesterday, it's fabulous,
it's definately worth buying:heart:
I'll scan some pics later

Jennifer Connelly shot by David Sims

Special with Carol T. and Anja

Scanned by me

^Thank you for the Snejana ed. Does anyone else think of "Spirit Fingers" when they look at the 6th picture? :lol:

How i wish Caroline's pic was the real cover!

I don't like either of covers! but editorials are absolutely stunning! It's a dream issue: Snejana, Sasha and Anja!

Snejana/Lindbergh's ed is gorgeous. The first, second and "Spirit finger" images are iconic. His work this year has been so inspired :heart: Caroline's cover should have been the real cover, and Anja's pix are super. I'm a little disappointed by the Sasha ed, though, it's a bit boring.:shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that Sasha ed could be better :ninja: ...it's lifeless and... I dunno... I don't feel any energy from it :huh:... It would need a better photographer IMO...

But as a whole, I like this issue very much... how many pages does it have? :P

This issue seems really great. Snejana by Lindberg is fabulous too.. I wanna get the mag asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->