Balmain DIY

these are some major crappy pictures but it can give you an idea. i just did one side on the jacket and didnt bother to put a collar or do it double crossed, i just wanted to experiment with the sleeve and the shoulder and thats why i only did that part.

DSCN1142.JPGDSCN1146.JPGbalm.JPGnap

Last edited by a moderator:
that's amazing, daniella :smile:

couldn't you use a kimono/dolman bodice pattern to create the shoulder part?
you would just make a seam afterwards (your new armhole)

i couldnt name the pattern that i made lol. it was just a combination of everything i thought it could work and mostly trial and error. i couldnt find an existing pattern for this or a close one so i created it, im not sure it is done right but the shape is the same and it can be worn so...i guess it is:blush: here it is.

this is the bodiceDSCN1148.JPG

this is the pattern for the sleeve, it ended up being a four piece sleeve,after staring at all angles of the jacket for a long time i realized it wasnt a two piece sleeve but a four and it helped a lot when taking off extra fabric from the arm to make it more fitted, it worked pretty good.

DSCN1151.JPG
i didnt use it all like this, after cutting and sewing i still needed to trim off fabric from different places, so its not an accurate pattern but it worked for me as a base.

hmm i googled it but im not sure i understand what that is...mother languange betrays me:P

oh aaron95 gave me this word "escudete" :P lol
or "traslape"
he says hello.

it's like an extra piece you sew into a garment to make it easier for you to move in it,
like a gusset under the arm

it can also be added to the pattern.

well ill have to tell aaron i dont know what the heck hes talking about:angel: lol hes so funny.
yeah i know what you are talking about now, i just wasnt familiar with the term, i didnt add one, it just the sleeve, its pretty movable actually. i had more problems with the excess of fabric than the lack thereof.

I dont like Melina:doh: shes too messy. She gives great ideas but the execution...not good. same thing she did with the LV necklace.

The elle uk video was so much better, i liked it a lot but its a shame these two videos only work with loose shirts or jackets, not exactly the balmain shoulder shape but were fun to watch. and they are on trend. im sure a lot of people will find them useful. thanks!:flower:

the first video was a mess! that was not chic! she was straight going for the football shoulder pads!

^
I like how embarrassed the model is.

yes, it was terrible and the blouse looks incredibly dated instead of hip and trendy.

someone has attempted to do the bleached jean thing
spaceball.gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32470324@N08/3256199489/
spaceball.gif

:rofl: at Johanna. "What am I doing here? Why do I look like a football jock?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back