Barton in London loo sharing controversy

Echoes

Confused & Bewildered
Reaction score
Barton in London loo sharing controversy
Last Update: 7/04 10:10 am

Actress Mischa Barton was reprimanded in a London nightclub toilet after trying to bundle a pal into a cubicle with her.

Barton and a girlfriend were stopped from sharing a cubicle at Whisky Mist club in Mayfair during a recent night out by a toilet attendant.

A bystander tells Britain's Daily Mail, "Mischa looked like she was having a good night. After sitting with a few pals at her VIP table she dragged her friend Bridget into the loos.

"They tried to go into the toilet cubicle together but they were stopped by the toilet attendant. The lady said to her, 'What are you doing? You are not allowed to go in together, you have to come out now.'

"Mischa looked really p**sed off and embarrassed."

Barton then entered another cubicle alone - and spend several minutes inside in silence, prompting the attendant to ask if she was okay.

A loo user adds, "She took so long to emerge that everyone was worried about her. At one point the toilet attendant had to knock on her door twice to ask if she was alright. Then her mate was knocking to check she was feeling okay.

"When she came out of the cubicle, she was complaining about people knocking on the door."

Copyright WENN.com

"toilet attendant" ----- Excuse me? :blink:

Yes... toilet attendant, have you never heard of it? Most clubs in London have it.

I never thought of it as a London thing but maybe it is? I don't know, I've never been clubbing in NY or LA. But it's someone who takes care of the bathroom, tops perfume/hairspray/etc. up, hands you a towel, etc.

But it's someone who takes care of the bathroom,

Isn't that the janitor/custodian?

You let people hand you things in the bathroom?

It sounds like she was the first person ever to want to share a cubicle...

Does one have to pay for cubicle usage there?

Yes... toilet attendant, have you never heard of it? Most clubs in London have it.

I've never heard of it :lol: (I'm from Australia, btw)
I've been to a couple of clubs in London but never actually used the bathrooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought of it as a London thing but maybe it is? I don't know, I've never been clubbing in NY or LA. But it's someone who takes care of the bathroom, tops perfume/hairspray/etc. up, hands you a towel, etc.

This has been in practice for eons. It was customary in the early 1960's for large department store to have black attendants handing out towels. There was also a time when elevators had attendants to ask what floor and use the manual hand crank to close both the gate and door of the elevator. There are also attendants in mens clubs.

Despite the phrase I highlighted earlier, I'm not really sure if this thread is about Toity tenders or Stall sharing.

Most clubs and restaurants in New York also have it. They give you handtowels and breath mints and you thank them, chat a little and tip them like 1-5 dollars or something. If it is busy in the bathroom, they keep track of the line and allow you to get in a stall etc. when it is your turn. Usually very kind people that also keep the bathrooms clean and orderly since people like Mischa likes to use the bathroom for other purposes...

I bet they are more useful in girls' bathroom since girls need everything from tampons to make-up and someone to hold their hair when they puke.

That said, Mischa is a mess.

I know some stories from New York. Not that I really care, but she was famous, then became infamous and now she is notorious.

Definition of hot mess.

That said, Mischa is a mess.

I know some stories from New York. Not that I really care, but she was famous, then became infamous and now she is notorious.

Definition of hot mess.

what kind of "stories" from nEW yOrk?:blink:

^Probably stories that can't be discussed here.

Don't worry: I am not going to talk about those stories here, but what do you think this thread is about anyways?

***EDIT*** just look at the original post. I suggest if tfs is this uncomfortable about these issues, and if these matters cannot indeed be discussed here in any form or shape, then this thread must be shut down completely, and immediately.

This is not her style thread. If discussing nightlife and drugs are wrong, then it is moderators' responsibility to take the right steps right away and eliminate all the threads that are about, or somehow insinuate, these matters in one way or the other.

Still...I don't understand why she's not allowed to share? What's the problem?

^because they may feel like they're being used for other purposes than one's business. and not just the obvious idea but people are also known to go to toilets for sex and such.

but as pasha said,attendants are used in other cities. in ny,i would suspect in more posh establishments,yes? in london its virtually in all clubs.

Don't worry: I am not going to talk about those stories here, but what do you think this thread is about anyways?

***EDIT*** I suggest if tfs is this uncomfortable about these issues, and if these matters cannot indeed be discussed here in any form or shape, then this thread must be shut down completely, and immediately.

This is not her style thread. If discussing nightlife and drugs are wrong, then it is moderators' responsibility to take the right steps right away and eliminate all the threads that are about, or somehow insinuate, these matters in one way or the other.

Eh, it's pretty obvious what this thread is about. Nonetheless, it's amusing that people can't go together into a cubicle. I'm sure she's quite capable to do whatever it is she has to do on her own.

For now, this thread stays. As for blatant drug talk at tFS - it's against the guidelines. Like or dislike, that's the rule. Thanks.

Add Chicago. I'd rather comment on the idea of an attenant rather than Barton... I used to visit Crobar often, but never used the services. They handed you paper towels, but it was more of a bother than anything... course, I don't enjoy sales people, either. :innocent:

I've only ever seen one attendant in my life, and it's been some years ago now. It was rather jarring ... I think it was in a fancy restaurant, but maybe it was a department store ... it's been so long I can't remember :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->