Beauty Tips

people say cutting out dairy helps because farmers feed a lot of hormones and drugs into the cows to make them grow faster and produce more milk. These hormones leak into the milk which you eventually you drink. By cutting out milk, you cut out the hormones and drugs that causes acne, or so the theory goes...

Jasmine<3 said:
does vasaline cause u guys to break out btw? im still in the 'teen acne' stage haha.

I wouldn't use such a heavy moisturizer if you have acne. I think it's best to probably let your skin breathe overnight, instead of slathering it with Vaseline.

But I agree, if you have the skin for it, Vaseline is great. My grandmother swears by it as the best moisturizer ever. It's easy to access, and very easy on the pocketbook. Though I admit... I still don't use it as often as I should... :blush:

Alejandro said:
Its silly feeling embarrased about buying it.. I go and buy my sister's Kotex and other stuff, I even go buying comdoms every week and its preety normal!...so, again, try it. :lol:

Your so brave :D if only more guys thought like you do. My brother wont even stand in line with me if I'm buying tampons.

I occasionally massage my hair in Olive oil and comb through and put on thick layer and leave it in for an hour. Then I wash it out and my hair is super thick and shiny-soft too!

I occasionally massage my hair in Olive oil and comb through and put on thick layer and leave it in for an hour. Then I wash it out and my hair is super thick and shiny-soft too!

I really want to try this olive oil thing, one hour is more practical for me than overnight, I can't stand sleeping with wet hair. Just want to follow the right steps, Kushie, do you wash the hair with shampoo before you put olive oil or just put it on unwashed hair? After one hour, do you wash it with shampoo or just water? what about conditioner? When do you put conditioner? thanks.:rolleyes:

I really want to try this olive oil thing, one hour is more practical for me than overnight, I can't stand sleeping with wet hair. Just want to follow the right steps, Kushie, do you wash the hair with shampoo before you put olive oil or just put it on unwashed hair? After one hour, do you wash it with shampoo or just water? what about conditioner? When do you put conditioner? thanks.:rolleyes:

I put it on unwashed hair, after one hour you wash it off with shampoo thoroughly (massaging the scalp and all) and yes you might want to use some conditioner.

^ You have to wash it off VERY thoroughly, I must add. I once didn't and it was such a mess. My hair was so greasy and sticked together :yuk:

Cutting back on dairy products will do wonders for your skin.
I stopped drinking milk, and my skin is still thanking me for it! :flower:

Just be sure to get your calcium from other sources. :flower:

^ You have to wash it off VERY thoroughly, I must add. I once didn't and it was such a mess. My hair was so greasy and sticked together :yuk:

:shock:

Yes you should wash it off VERY thoroughly but you really should use some kind of deep-cleaning shampoo and massage your scalp too.
I guess it depends on how thick the product is too I guess...:wink:

people say cutting out dairy helps because farmers feed a lot of hormones and drugs into the cows to make them grow faster and produce more milk. These hormones leak into the milk which you eventually you drink. By cutting out milk, you cut out the hormones and drugs that causes acne, or so the theory goes...

similar things with chicken, depends on where u live, some chicken got injected female hormones, so if u eat those chicken, u will have bigger cramps.

^ the skin breathing part is true.
the whole concept of breathing (cant remember the medical term) is that through diffusion ur skin/lung/or anything diffuse out dirt and absrob nutrient/wutever is there more so in reality. therefore ur skin does need to breathe (due to it excretes junk and absrob wutever is contacting the skin)

Some that come to mind:

- Apply a light shimmery eyeshadow (like a white or neutral color) onto the inner corners of the eyes. It really helps brighten the face and make one look awake on a tired day, when done properly. Can also look very etherial and pretty - or alienish depending on how heavy-handed you are in makeup application. :P

- Pay extra attention to your lashes! Well-applied mascara makes all the difference! Makes the eyes look much better.

- Use your anti-acne body wash or cleanser AFTER you are finished washing and conditioning your hair.

- Seems obvious... but... never pick at zits!

-Always use eyelash curlers before and after mascara and apply a little black kohl liner on the inner rim of your eye. You don't look too made up but it really enhances the shape and colour of your eyes. Also make sure your eyebrows are neatly shaped.
-Apply an extra heavy layer of moisturiser to your face every night as a sort of mask, your skin is so smooth and clear by morning
-Before a night out or when you need your hair to look particularly good, put an extra thick layer of any conditioner and leave on for a few hours (works so much better than over-priced "intensive conditioners")

Last edited by a moderator:
-Always use eyelash curlers before and after mascara and apply a little black kohl liner on the inner rim of your eye. You don't look too made up but it really enhances the shape and colour of your eyes. Also make sure your eyebrows are neatly shaped.
NEVER use an eyelash curler after having applied mascara. It will cause your lashes to break!

curling your lashes AFTER mascara is sooo bad, mascara makes your lashes dry out and imagine dry clump and crisp thick lashes and curling them! They will just make a bend and it not only damages your lashes but causes them to break....
I never use mascara! I instead use Talika eyelash growth gel which is better!

I know that curling lashes after mascara is considered really bad but that's why i put it as a tip becuase most people wouldn't know to do it. I have quite little eyelashes and if i only curl before mascara they don't stay curled :(

Just something i've observed -- instead of air drying or blow drying your hair, if you cover it completely with a towel until it's totally dry, it turns out much less frizzy. For some reason, it frizzes when exposed to air in the drying process (at least mine does). But you have to let it completely dry or it doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->