Beauty Tips

sweets > > thankks!! but when i use my curler at the base its kinda painful. haha makes me feel like its gonna rip my eyelashes off!!

SabrinaKim - I've also heard to run a spoon under hot water to warm it and then press the back of the base to your lashes to curl them. I'm supposing the warmth from the water makes it act kind of like a curling iron.

My cheap beauty trick is to use body moisturizer (I use Eucerin) to remove your eye-makeup. Works better than actual eye makeup removers for me!!

Oh - and somebody else posted this somewhere else, but I use it, too, in a pinch. You can use baby powder in between shampoos on your roots to mop up excess oil and add body to your hair!!

Cheap tricks - :heart: :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
After putting gel on your hair, put on a baseball cap for a few minutes making sure that you front hair is lifted.
When you take it off, you'll have a very cool look.

I put a dab of eye creme (Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair for the eyes is great) on my lips, is softens and smooths out some of the little lines, so lipstick goes on smoother. eye creme is really gentle so it's safe.

same vein as curious - take your eyelash curler, blast it with your hairdryer for 2 to 3 seconds, then apply about 1-2 mm away from your eyelid. apply mascara immediately and it holds the curl!! I'm asian and my eyelashes look like this... )___ heh, that supposed to be my eye from the side...

Once a week, after a shower, I make sure I use warm water on my hair, slightly towel dry, then put in olive oil, wrap up in a towel and sleep with it overnight. The next morning, I wash it out with a regular shampoo and my hair is super soft and shiny!

adn said:
would vaseline on the face clog pores?

Yes it's true. Vaseline is create for the rough skin on your body, but not your face please.

GlamDiva said:
I put a dab of eye creme (Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair for the eyes is great) on my lips, is softens and smooths out some of the little lines, so lipstick goes on smoother. eye creme is really gentle so it's safe.

Wow, I want to try it. I'm really focus on something to protect the round lips. I think we should protect that area since the beginning, as well as eyes.:innocent:

I also use Neosporin on all my blemishes to disinfect & prevent scarring. I put it on after spot medication (my fave is cheapo Oxy cause it works without drying out...better than DDF in my opinion). Also, love EA 8 hour cream on lips but it stinks so only if I'm not planning on kissing anyone :wink:

I've heard people saying here that it doesn't matter what kind of moisterizer u use, they are all the same. I actually disagree.

I'm not saying that expensive ones are the best, but there is a big diffrence in quality and I've noticed a lot of difference on my skin texture and skin tone now when I use ' fairly expensive ' creams.

according to www.vaseline.com
vaseline (petroleum jelly) is non-comedogenic, so it will not clog pores

but since it's so thick, i think it can prevent your skin from "breathing"

^i actually have hands on experience with this lol. i used some one a certain verrrrrry dry spot on my face. at first it worked like magic b/c nothing else moisturized it enough, but a week or two later i started breaking out there. and it took me a while to realized and come to terms with the fact that it was the vaseline. i thought i loved it! anyways..thats my experience

A steam bath with tea or essential oil of your choice, and a mud mask afterwards does wonders for the pores. :smile:
And also I've found warmed milk mixed with honey as a mask is quite comforting and leaves the skin soft for me.

Put vaseline on before you put on perfume. It makes the scent last longer.

Fabulyss said:
Skin doesn't "breathe"

The human skin might not ' breath ' but it is very much alive. It regulates temperature and absorbs. It warns us of potential damage by sending signals through vast networks of nerves to our brains.

I think everyone is right on this one. A lot of basic moisturizers out there do the same thing ... moisturize. Depending upon the ingredients used, it either works by coating the surface of the skin to prevent evaporation & dryness or going further (humectants) by drawing moisture from the air into the skin. Ideally, more expensive products cost more because they use higher, thus more costly, technology in either formulating the moisturizer or in the ingredients alone. Ex. Vitamin C is unstable but strong antioxidant. It cost more because a lot of research goes into keeping the formula stable as well as making the container keep the formula stable. Moisturizers with antioxidants not only help your skin stay hydrated but also protect your skin from environmental pollutants & sun damage. However, the most trustworthy and proven antioxidants (ex. Vitamin E) no where cost as much as companies charge the consumer. Some companies market ingredients that they claim are stronger than traditional antioxidants; however, these ingredients have not yet been accepted by the medical community as having the benefits the company may claim. This is because companies need to keep business hot by introducing new products all the time. Many times, we also pay for the brand name, image, and identity that goes along with it. Also, some people are willing to pay more for an attractive package...and companies know this. Sometimes we pay for those things that don't benefit out skin at all but do attract our other senses. For instance, many companies put fragrance in their moisturizers, whether it's all natural or chemical, it is an irritant. However, many customers overlook this fact, because they want their moisturizers to smell good or to smell like it's working (ex. mint in shave cream which feels like it's working but is an irritant...ask any dermatologist). Anyway, that's my experience. Blah...I talk too much...LOL! This is a very cool and fun forum by the way! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->