Best Motion Picture Of 2004

Haven't seen MC Diaries and House of S and F, so I voted for Eternal Sunshine, it was a very good, unique film.

I think there is a very important film missing here, Dogville, which I would vote for. Technically it was released in 03, but it showed in the US in 04.

Eh.. I didn't really see any movies this year that completely blew me away.... sad.

The Brown Bunny
BB9.jpg

Before Sunset was amazing.. it was refreshing after seeing all that junk Hollywood loves to put out. I also liked Hero and Passion of the Christ. Eternal Sunshine was great as well.

Out of the ones I have seen (i have yet to see a few that look fab),
Closer, I <3 Huckabees and......hm, dunno. Probably farenheit but I haven't watched it yet :D

My favorite movies of 2004 were:
* Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind

* Butterfly Effect

* Collateral

* The Machinist and

Kill Bill, which is not really a 2004 movie but I saw it for the first time this year

moussemaker said:
My favorite movies of 2004 were:
* Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind

* Butterfly Effect

* Collateral

* The Machinist and

Kill Bill, which is not really a 2004 movie but I saw it for the first time this year
you gotta be kidding, Butterfly Effect is like the worst movie ever.
I didn't like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotles Mind either, everyone else seems to be loving it :blink:

No, I'm serious, I even watched it twice! :lol:

Worst movies in 2004 were for me
* The Village
* Troy
* Open Water
and
* Cold Mountain, which I only watched after the Oscars this year.

so far...

okay, althought i haven't seen all...

but my favorites so far, Fahrenheit 9/11, Garden State and Somersault...while GS was not particularly the best film...but my fav...and somersault was jus brilliant...it's an aussie film that showed at Cannes...i dunno if many ppl overseas have heard of it...and fahrenheit jus proved how much i adore Michael Moore and the power film has...

Last edited by a moderator:
moussemaker said:
No, I'm serious, I even watched it twice! :lol:

Worst movies in 2004 were for me
* The Village
* Troy
* Open Water
and
* Cold Mountain, which I only watched after the Oscars this year.
I have to agree with Troy, it's no good. Haven't seen the rest. I guess I have to watch Cold Mountain :doh:

Hanne said:
The most memorable movie for me was Secretary (not sure if it came out very early this year :unsure: or if it came last year)
with James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal : Secretary
Such a good movie!!!!!! I think it was last year though... But who cares, it was such a good movie!!!!!!

I have to agree with Eternal Sunshine, also:

I :heart: Huckabees
Napoleon Dynamite
Garden State
Sideways
Finding Neverland
Kill Bill 2

I would have like to have seen more films, and I'm sure there are more that would have been on here but that is what I managed to see that I thought was good. I think an overall good year for film.

My favourite is most definitely Before Sunset.

bbc

rent the dvd of "42UP"

I know I dont have to tell our english friends about this landmark documentary.

but its still somewhat obscure in USA.

its one of best films youll ever see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->