Best Motion Picture Of 2004

#1 Eternal Sunshine
#2 Garden State
#3 F. 9/11

I'm looking forward to the Aviator, Closer and especially Sideways.

NB - I think the comment re: Punch Drunk Love was regarding the types of movies Adam Sandler makes, with no implication as to what year that particular movie came out. Just my honest opinion.... :flower:

I voted Before Sunset. It's a really, really sweet movie. It was a hard choice though as I really liked The Motorcycle Diaries, Bad Education, Eternal Sunshine as well. Hero is a really beaufiful movie but I believe that it is quite old. As far as I remember I saw 1½ years ago. :unsure:

Other: my vote goes to Garden State (or We Don't Live Here Anymore)

Eternal Sunshine- it was beautiful and it became one of my all-time favorites.

I havent seen half of that list, I almost give my vote to Motorcycle Diaries but I felt there was something missing in that movie and I cant figure out what it was. and The Bad Education is overrated, as much as Gael is phenomenal in that film.
oh and I have huge expectations on Closer :buzz:

love a lot of these movies. voted for Before Sunset, simply because it's charming and made me smile.

I also liked MD, and I loved Carandiru (I think that's spelled right).

My favorite movie (which is a tied) this year are
~The Last Samurai
~The House of Sand an Fog
Both of them were extremly touching....and came out on such an intimate level!

I have to agree withmost ppl who posted....most of th movies listed, I haven't heard of.

GG

Hero was only released in the US and other countries this year that's why I considered it for 2004.

Regarding Spanglish, just because it's an Adam Sandler movie does not mean it can't be on the 2004 Best List because not all Adam Sandler movies are commercial crap (case in point: Punch Drunk Love) and that this movie is getting massive Oscar buzz and it is directed by James L. Brooks who won an Oscar (Oscars in fact) for Tears Of Endearment years ago.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 26 2004, 11:04 PM
Umm, Spanglish? :wink:
[snapback]440933[/snapback]​
I really want to see Spanlish!!

If spanglish is anything like punch drunk love than i'll consider it, I like f/911, the passion, and garden state, looking foward to seeing closer and ocean's twelve. Hey what about spiderman 2? :unsure:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Nov 30 2004, 05:37 AM
Regarding Spanglish, just because it's an Adam Sandler movie does not mean it can't be on the 2004 Best List because not all Adam Sandler movies are commercial crap (case in point: Punch Drunk Love) and that this movie is getting massive Oscar buzz and it is directed by James L. Brooks who won an Oscar (Oscars in fact) for Tears Of Endearment years ago.
[snapback]444426[/snapback]​
We can only wait and see... :innocent:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. BEST FILM EVER. I love everything about it, and it gets better and better with each viewing. I cannot express enough how much I adore this movie! :heart: :heart: :heart:

"My Summer of Love".

It probably won't even be released in the states nor will I probably not get to see this for a while,but the trailer(and the reviews) in itself makes the film look so compelling and ethereal. Beautiful and intense with briliant scenography and cinematography. Looks like pure poetry.

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Nov 30 2004, 05:37 AM
[snapback]444426[/snapback]​
Exactly.

Fahrenheit 9/11 and Eternal Sunshine, everything else didn't exacly thrill me....

I've only seen The bad education and The motorcycle diaries.
I voted for The motorcycle, lovely film. (And I didn't like The bad education)

:o Woah The Five Obstructions aka De fem benspænd is on the list...I didn't know anybody outside of Denmark ever heard of that movie
.. it's by my dads cousin :blush: .. *feels bads I haven't even seen it*

Half the movies haven't come out here yet (as far as I know).
Of the movies mentioned I've only seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Kill Bill Vol. 2

The most memorable movie for me was Secretary (not sure if it came out very early this year :unsure: or if it came last year)
with James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal : Secretary

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moddydoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->