Best Motion Picture Of 2004

There has been some awesome forgein films this year, notabley A very long engagement and Motorcycle diaries.

I loved the Notebook and the australian film sommersault!

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- I left the theaters completely speechless.

Garden State- Makes you so happy and wish that those characters were real.

Closer- really sad and touching movie and a completely true depiction of real relationships.

I really want to see The Life Aquatic.

The Notebook, Friday Night Lights, and the Incredibles, the latter being my favorite of the three. Did anyone not like the Incredibles?

strawberry daiquiri said:
Wonderful film, but it was actually 2002. :heart:

2002 to you yankees :wink: ..tho' movie pirate-ing has speeded up many premiere dates so premiere dates are the same internationally..some movies are still 1/2-1 year behind US release dates in Europe.

Hanne said:
The most memorable movie for me was Secretary (not sure if it came out very early this year :unsure: or if it came last year)
with James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal : Secretary

that was two years ago I believe:heart: :heart:

Hanne said:
2002 to you yankees :wink: ..tho' movie pirate-ing has speeded up many premiere dates so premiere dates are the same internationally..some movies are still 1/2-1 year behind US release dates in Europe.
I know... but I'm no yankee :wink: :P

And the lesson we've learnt today is: Secretary's a great film, regardless of when it was made, or of when it was released. :lol:

Ooops sorry thats right Strawberry ..you're canadian aren't you ? :flower:

Hanne said:
Ooops sorry thats right Strawberry ..you're canadian aren't you ? :flower:
Don't worry about it. I've now put my location under my avatar like everyone else. Just took me a while. :P

:o You're irish ?!!? well now I'll have to appologize for making you both american AND canadian :D

Well, I'm all for kinky sex but, as already mentioned, Secretary was released in 2004. I'll go with Bad Education instead.

My favs!
Eternal Sunshine
Sideways
Ray
:woot: @ all of them!

Gucci Girl said:
My favorite movie (which is a tied) this year are
~The Last Samurai
~The House of Sand an Fog
Both of them were extremly touching....and came out on such an intimate level!

I have to agree withmost ppl who posted....most of th movies listed, I haven't heard of.

GG

:blink: Both are from 2003... Anyway, the house of sand and fog is one of the best movies of the last 5 years!!

2004: Before Sunset
& Swimming Pool (with lovely ludovine saugnier!!, maybe its from 2003)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, so I'd go with that.

I thought Closer was amazing. Portman and Clyde did such great performances, and JUDE! I loved it. :heart:

But I think that Million Dollar Baby will win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moddydoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->