Beyoncé Knowles (March 2010 - May 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmMU_iwe6U&feature=player_embedded

Beyonce in Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture SS 2011

ebd446.jpg

00320m.jpg

Beyonce Vevo/Style.com

I'm surprised people are so divided. I love this song - it's going to be on my mp3 player for a looong time.

perhaps because the beat is about 2 years old from Major Lazer, and she is barely saying anything besides WHo run the world and girls:innocent:
I know she can do better songwise and she has imo.

the video was visually appealing though I will admit

Yeah, the video definitely had some great imagery. I loved the shot of her with the hyenas. But I kinda got bored by the end of it. I mean, it was really repetitive and other than some great fashion the second half of the video didn't have much else to offer. That frolicking, doing who knows what in the sand, upside down cracked me up, lol.

Also, the song is still awful.

Beyonce is doing a tame version of a Gaga video.
I mean:
high fashion designer clothes. check.
stupid video concept. check.
mediocre song at best. check.

but it's Beyonce, so I'm certain I will still end up buying her cd when it drops because I have that much faith in her :P

Beyonce Surprises Oprah at 'Farewell Spectacular'

Beyonce performs her hit single, “Run the World (Girls),” on Tuesday (May 17) at the United Center in Chicago, Ill.
beyonce-oprah-surprise.jpg

The 29-year-old entertainer got the crowd dancing while taping an appearance on Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular, which will air May 23 and 24.

Also coming out to support Oprah as she wrapped up 25 seasons of The Oprah Winfrey Show: Tom Cruise and wife Katie Holmes (who introduced country group Rascal Flatts), Madonna, Halle Berry, Tom Hanks, Dakota Fanning, Queen Latifah, Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith, Jerry Seinfeld, Jamie Foxx, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, and Kristin Chenoweth!

John Legend spoke live from New Orleans and announced 25 new school libraries will be built around the country by Target in honor of Oprah, while Diane Sawyer revealed 25,000 trees will be planted in her honor as well.

Also attending the star-studded event: Maria Shriver - whose husband, Arnold Schwarzenegger, earlier in the day admitted he fathered a child with a former member of their household staff - and Oprah’s longtime partner, Stedman Graham, who brought O to tears!

Bigger pic inside…
justjared

beyonce-oprah-surprise.jpg

Beyonce: 'Run the World (Girls)' Video Premiere!

Check out the video for Beyonce’s latest single, “Run the World (Girls)“!
beyonce-run-the-world-vid.jpg

The 29-year-old entertainer fights off the enemy in style, rocking couture by Givenchy and Norma Kamali in the Francis Lawrence-directed video.

“[The song is] definitely riskier than something a bit more … simple,” Beyonce recently told Billboard.com about the song, which is off her upcoming album, 4.

“I just heard the track and loved that it was so different. It felt a bit African, a bit electronic and futuristic. It reminded me of what I love, which is mixing different cultures and eras - things that typically don’t go together - to create a new sound,” she shared.

In case you missed it, check out JustJared.com’s exclusive preview of 4!
justjared

The video… wasn’t anything too exciting. The only thing great about the video was the fact that she looked amazing in her costumes. The choreography was fine but I still hate her song. Too much tempo, she's screaming - that's all!
Since "Dangerously In Love" and Destiny's Child her music is not the same. I miss the old Beyonce :cry:.

Wed, 18 May 2011 Beyonce: '4' Album Artwork Revealed!

Check out the artwork for Beyonce’s highly anticipated album 4!
beyonce-4-album-artwork.jpg

The title of the album signifies not only the Bey’s fourth solo offering and the day of her birth, but it is also a personal gift to her fans.

Beyonce’s fans have been urging her to name the album for her special number for over a year now!

Earlier in the evening, the 29-year-old entertainer debuted the video for her single “Run the World (Girls)” during American Idol. Bey also served as the guest mentor of the night!

Bigger album artwork inside…
Justjared

beyonce-4-album-artwork.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
^It could be a magazine cover, but as an album cover it's underwhelming, to say the least. This is turning out to be NOT Beyonce era at all. She has yet to get anything right.

Disappointed in how the poorly the video was directed. The album cover isn't anything special either.

This video is amazing.The clothing,the attitude,the dancing.I love everything and that song is my new jam.But that album cover is a no no.

We know she can do everything "right" by pop standards yet she's choosing not to do so and being unapologetic about it.

And the fashion as well, she knows what Haute Couture means and she doesn't care, she's getting that JPG outfit wet, she's getting that delicate Givenchy HC dress dirty with sand, She ripped that yellow Pucci dress, she's using combat boots with the green Pucci as opposed to "pretty" heels that can compliment it.... I love it!

I have to say this is not looking like it's going to be a great era for Beyonce. Terrible song and video.

When did she become such a fashion diva? I loved everything she wore, but it was so incoherent. Givenchy, McQueen, Gareth Pugh, Pucci, Gaultier. They didn't go well together and it all seemed too random to me. It came off as if she just wanted to wear the best dresses and that's it.

I have to say this is not looking like it's going to be a great era for Beyonce. Terrible song and video.

When did she become such a fashion diva? I loved everything she wore, but it was so incoherent. Givenchy, McQueen, Gareth Pugh, Pucci, Gaultier. They didn't go well together and it all seemed too random to me. It came off as if she just wanted to wear the best dresses and that's it.

I agree, that's why I compared her to a tame Gaga. Gaga at least has the balls to go all the way crazy and not care whether people love her or hate her. Unfortunately it seems like Beyonce has an image to sell and uphold so it comes across as a little fake because she's not going all the way.

I'm hopeful that her second single will be better :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"