Beyoncé Knowles (May 2011 - January 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KasiaPL

Reaction score
Moderator's note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

^It could be a magazine cover, but as an album cover it's underwhelming, to say the least. This is turning out to be NOT Beyonce era at all. She has yet to get anything right.

Agree with you!

Last edited by a moderator:
The song: When she added the Pon De Floor sample beat it became too upbeat, overwhelming not to mention her screaming which destroyed the song.

The Video: Love the choreography and costumes, but it was poorly edited and the theme was off. I felt that it was too-Gaga. I was expecting her (Gaga) to jump out somewhere.

Overall, I felt that the new single debut was a miss.

I was also looking through the previous thread, Beyonce's style is horrid. I miss her old days.

I`ve read somewhere that Run The World (Girls) wasn`t originally meant to be the Album`s lead single. It got leaked so they`re forced to rush it as a single. And Beyonce being dedicated to it even though it`s a flop makes her more admirable.

I, at first, hated the song and I`m a BIG Beyonce fan. But after some dedicated listening, it started to grow on me and I started to know the real meaning. Amazing song/

The video is nothing but 100% Beyonce for me - choreography, attitude. It`s not GaGa. Is there a rule saying that only GaGa can wear Couture and Fashionable clothes on her video? She can`t wear Mugler now like she used to (I Am... Sasha Fierce era) because GaGa runs and rules the brand. I love the dance, and yes it looks like Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) but she`s the one who brought that trend back so she can work it anytime and does it with justice.

I just don`t get the comparison. It`s no specific artists` era today. It`s the girls` era.

I may sound biased but these are just my honest opinions

I really can't @ people saying the video is like gaga! She didn't invent high fashion! Gosh.

^and no, Run The World is meant to be the first single but was forced to be released early because of the leak. It was meant to be release last week.

Thanks fiqary for the clarification :smile:

i really wish i could love he song. it's okay, i don't hate it. but still not that great IMO.
i am biased about the video aswell.
i do love the choreography cause it's so different. i am curious which direction she'll go now. i respect her for taking risks a lot though

i thought the visuals of the video would boost the song but ... not really.
I like the dancing and she looks pretty but its not one of her videos you want to watch repeatedly.

I felt that she did her thing
She knows how to get the attention she wants for her album.
**shrugs**

love the video! my fav shot is where shes wearing the gold boot like shoes and the gold dress. What makes her the top singer in the world is because she dares to be different which sometimes may not go down well with the general public. Remember Dejavu, it had a similar reaction but she still stuck with it and even performs it when touring

SLAYED!!!! what an iconic performance

I mean I still hate the song, but that was one of the most incredible performances I have ever seen

Love it to death! Beautiful
Posted via Mobile Device

She is SUCH an AMAZING performer. She seriously blew me away tonight at the Billboard Music Awards.

No one does it like her. :heart:

Here's an extended version of her performance that includes the intro and her speech. :D

MusicAwards2011

Getting a big salute for her successful career efforts, Beyonce Knowles was doted with the Billboard Millennium Award at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night (May 22).

The "Run the World (Girls)" singer was honored with quite the tribute - as her mother, Tina Knowles, took the stage to present her daughter with the accolade at the MGM Grand held show.

The Billboard Millennium Award was presented in recognition of Beyonce's career achievements and influence in the music industry.

Among the memorable moments, the tribute looked back upon Miss Knowles' role as the frontwoman of Destiny's Child through her three chart-topping solo albums.

Prior to receiving the Millennium Award, Beyonce graced the stage to perform her hit single "Run the World (Girls)".

celebrity-gossip

When I think that she's coming in Lille (France)...and that I don't even have my tickets......grrr!

I don't like the song but I agree that the performance was awesomeeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaschoolshooter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->