Beyonce's House Of Dereon Line

Beyonce & Tina were on Oprah today, showing off some of the clothes featured from their clothing line.

House of Deréon

{Credit~ Oprah.com & ImageShack For Hosting}

beyonce debuted her line on oprah

this is the only thing i liked.

you can see the rest here

Everyone wants to be everything :ermm:

actress, model, singer, dancer, author, designer, socialite everyone is everything :unsure:

to some point i am sick of these celebrity brands:doh:
it's only their name and a bunch of anonymous designers backing the line~
poor us customers~

I can't help but wonder how struggling actors feel when a singer gets a choice movie/television role.....
Or how a musician feels when an actor scores an album deal......
Or how a journalist feels when a former model gets an editorial position....

The world belongs to those with ego, ambition and drive, not necessarily talent.

If the consumer is buying Sean John, L.A.M.B., JLo and whoever is next (I've already predicted Kelly Clarkson, but now I am expecting PINK), well, then, who is to blame?

i also saw beyonce's line on oprah

...and am still recovering from it. :blink:

IMHO it was terribly tacky, and can only be described as being "costume-y" if i'm being kind, and "hoochie" if i'm not. she says she wanted to make clothes that she would want to wear. honestly, i'm not sure i know many people in that position. i'm talking about extremely short peach-colored lingerie pieces for dresses, and lots of strappy or lace-up high heel sandals for accessories. maybe it would sell at $30 a piece, but not in the upper moderates or lower better range starting at $150 for a pair of jeans...

i don't blame beyonce and her mom for doing the line-- who doesn't want to monetize fame...however, i think that boredom with and backlash from celebrity clothing lines has already set in. j. lo's original line got pulled from most stores because of lack of sales. jessica simpson's line is having a hard time gaining traction. macy gray's booth hardly ever looks busy at the shows...

i can't help but think beyonce's line is going to be extra challenging because while there are alot of celebrities coming out with their own labels, this is particularly true of african-american celebrities (who may be following in the footsteps of p. diddy in being entrepreneurial). that market has a ton of brands chasing them and is still a minority market in the U.S. (in terms of population and market cap.)

i'll get off my soap box now...:ninja:

kiss august said:
to some point i am sick of these celebrity brands:doh:
it's only their name and a bunch of anonymous designers backing the line~
poor us customers~

Spot on - I can't believe people think they design it. It's just a money spinner for celebrities, like thier perfumes lines.

They license their names to clothing companies who do all the donkey work, the designing, the schlepping around factories, all the boring but necessary stuff. All they have to do, usually is 'sign off ' the samples - that means approve them before production.

They then sit back and collect a royality on evey garment sold. It's very lucrative.

I believe in spreading your wings as far as they can stretch. She has the spirit, and soul.She will soar!

Why unleash these onto the world? :sick: and :argg:

117vz.jpg
28en.jpg

I forgot to credit the pictures (they're from the LJ that was posted earlier in this thread).

The quote for the second picture is "The belt loops that go all the way down allow you to wear more than one belt at a time, Tina says."

How many belts?

And how far down?

The mind boggles...

Someday said:
I can't help but wonder how struggling actors feel when a singer gets a choice movie/television role.....
Or how a musician feels when an actor scores an album deal......
Or how a journalist feels when a former model gets an editorial position....

uh...pissed off and annoyed would be my guess...
and extremely frustrated...
:rolleyes: ...

:hardhead:...

The girl is not a designer, and it's a way to make money by mass selling her clothing with her name on it.
Do you really think she would ever wear it, umm, NO.

my my my...this is gonna be entertaining lol..where's the smiley that eats the popcorn when I need em?

Right on Beyonce....I take it back.

Hebden said:
Why unleash these onto the world? :sick: and :argg:

I was going to say "Right on for Beyonce...maybe she does have talent so stop knocking her....she can do what she wants because maybe she's talented and she deserves a fair chance" but then I saw these pictures and I took it all back...STOOOOPPPPPP!!!!

Actually, I thought J Lo could get away with her clothes, Puffy could get away with his and Gwen, well she actually has some talent in design...but Beyonce? After seeing these pictures I would be surprised if she actually sold any, even with all of her fame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->