Beyonce's House Of Dereon Line

Tabasamu said:
I believe in spreading your wings as far as they can stretch. She has the spirit, and soul.She will soar!
more like take a nose dive.......

^haha. you guys make me laugh :D

I bet the 2nd model [who bears an uncanny resemblance to Michelle from Destiny's Child] is thinking, "At least I'm getting paid to model this crap.":lol:

petite and sweet said:
I bet the 2nd model [who bears an uncanny resemblance to Michelle from Destiny's Child] is thinking, "At least I'm getting paid to model this crap.":lol:

Hey, you're right, she looks a lot like her! I hadn't noticed!

I saw the oprah show and NOOOOOOOO!!! It's even worst than ALL of the others.

oh my god.... :shock:

58kr.jpg

I saw these on Oprah and I really did not like them at all. I've never enjoyed what Tina Knowles designed for Beyonce and I don't think this line is a good idea. Perhaps it will sell due to her celebrity but I doubt it as the items are fairly expensive.

There are some celeb designers who are relatively inoffensive but Beyonce having a clothing line just irks me for some reason. Moreso than a Gwen Stefani or even P. Diddy.

petite and sweet said:
^haha. you guys make me laugh :D

That actually is Michelle from Destiny's Child. Kelly modelled the same dress Naomi Campbell wore in the other picture

Absolutely garish. Tina Knowles literally has no sense of style, whenever she dresses Beyonce she looks so cheap. I can forget a ruffled babydoll blazer, it was awful, it made Beyonce look HUGE through the midsection, Tina will never be forgiven for putting Beyonce in a fur shawl...as a top.

Tabasamu said:
I believe in spreading your wings as far as they can stretch. She has the spirit, and soul.She will soar!

i agree with you! out there somewhere theres someone that would die for one of hose garments and i have a feelin shes gonna sell. What i dont dig is the ad campaign tho

I said folks might as well get over it. The marketing powers-that-be has set it up now, that once you become a pop singer, you are not just a singer, you are a brand, a product to be manufacturer and marketing in every possible arena that involves the entertainment, sports and fashion industries. They are ALL interconnected now, like it or not.

You got a hit album, maybe two -- Hey, time to get an agent to "shop" you around in Hollyweird. Not just for movie roles, but for footwear, apparel, perfume, hair and cosmetic endorsements. Time to bid you out for the cover of Lucky, Elle Girl, Glamour, Teen Vogue, People Mag, etc. Then there is the press junkets and the red carpet appears. Your agent isn't doing their job unless they have gotten your face on "everythang" including Walmart slippers! Having the fashion line can come before or after the restaurant or nightclub the celebrity just opened.

The "real" actors hate it, the "design" students hate it, the "models" hate it .....but hey, if it does sell, it does works and if the "numbers" are there for the investors......bottomline.... thats all that counts. Welcome to the world of the cross-over celebrity.

One example of the industry "cross-over celebrity" is Ashanti, her agent is really "raking in those deals"

ashanti8bw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
mdankwah said:
Why are we constantly been subjected to crap, why?
Sadly, they probably dont realize how horrific thier clothes are. They probably consider themselves Couturiere's...Kinda cute actually...

on the oprah show.

i saw beyonce's line on the oprah show the other day and it was alrite it was nothing special but to me the prices are in the high 100's for jeans and such i mean its alrite but i dont think she should charge that much and take more of a "jLo" approach to it since i would assume a majority of her fans are younger some of the younger girls can afford $100 jeans yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->